Overwatering or nitro toxicity?

Now if this was actual soil, with some good organics in it... this would be a completely different grow. Are you using any commercial nutes at all? Might I suggest getting some Roots Organic and using that to feed your plants along with your teas? You do know that the plants are going to need a lot more than nitrogen soon, right? Roots Organic will allow you to simulate an organic grow, even in coco, and even without pH adjusting. So far you are getting by because you are supplying a good deal of nitrogen and nitrogen is available across a wide pH range... this situation is going to change rapidly when you switch to flower.
I’m not only feeding nitrogen my nutrients consist of nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium.. Bio fish has a 7-7-2 ratio. And cause for 1-2 tbs per gallon of soil in which I’m feeding 3tbs of that cause I’m in two gallon pots and the growilla by Botanicare is a 2-5-4 ratio and I’m feeding 1tbs of that as well. Using cal mag a tad bit of Zeus juice kelp humic acid fish fert, and mammoth p and compost for the tea. So how is it that I’m only feeding nitrogen??

Hmm well no one is really helping the poor dude....

You're watering every 3 days? That a underwatering. Sorry for lack of suggestions and people getting caught in semantics....

Coco needs to be watered daily. Sometimes 3 times a day in flower.

I just watered a couple of days ago and I did the pot test and of course i let them dry wilt because of the overwatering wilt didn’t want to water again too soon. They were very light than. I watered and they filled in the open canopy gaps but continued to have this sickly look to them. And no I haven’t ph any water at all I read that when trying to do a living soil the living matter in the soil buffers the ph for you.
You have yo be careful to not let them dry out all the way, just enough to lighten your pots up COCO can water lock if it drys out and portions of your roots will dry out and die off stressing your plant, growing with coco can be an art it really depends on what your strain likes on when to water but when you do saturate your grow media and water slowly and evenly so any dry pockets absorb the water.

You're watering every 3 days? That a underwatering. Sorry for lack of suggestions and people getting caught in semantics....

I completely disagree, it depends on strain, plant size, and pot size. How many coco grows have you done?

Attachments

• 20180605_121533.jpg
    20180605_121533.jpg
    993.5 KB · Views: 52

Thanks. My bags seem still fairly heavy after a couple days so I don’t want to over water either shouldn’t the bags get lighter when water is needed?

Your growbags need small holes on the sides from just below the top to the bottom and on the very bottom also. If not the roots will suffocate and watering to often drowns the roots. Along with the change of lighting they will need time to adapt. keep the grow room temps up 85 to 90%F will help young plants in the veg phase, and will also help transfer water to moisture increasing the humidity in the grow room. Remember don't over water them, allow them to dry out longer, picking up the bags when wet can help you get to know when they become very light, this will be your watering time. Stay green and good job so far.

I’m not only feeding nitrogen my nutrients consist of nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium.. Bio fish has a 7-7-2 ratio. And cause for 1-2 tbs per gallon of soil in which I’m feeding 3tbs of that cause I’m in two gallon pots and the growilla by Botanicare is a 2-5-4 ratio and I’m feeding 1tbs of that as well. Using cal mag a tad bit of Zeus juice kelp humic acid fish fert, and mammoth p and compost for the tea. So how is it that I’m only feeding nitrogen??
Oh... so now you have mentioned a few more products... synthetic products and products that are toxic to the microlife such as humic acid, anything from Botanicare, Zeus juice. No wonder they look overfed... but forget the microlife, they are dying quickly.

Hmm enough to know that if your in the correct size container you wont overwater ever. I'm not trying to pick a fight I'm trying to help this grower. So yeah if you try I'm sure you can overwater. I'm not a pro grower.....

The size of those plants tells me they can drink anything in a day or 2 max. 3 is way to many to wait.

Droop comes from over watering under watering light stress, a cal mag, or ph issue.

Nitrogen claw is the tip of a plant pointing down mainly on the ends. The plant develops dark leaves and a waxy coat.

That's not what this is.

If the plants were just fine prior to the new lights that's a hood indicator of the issue. Assuming the feed strength and amount have not been altered it's the clear outlier

So be sure in coco to always add cal mag first about 150 ppm is what most of us coco growers agree us a good starting point. I would dial that bio fish back to 1 tbs and up pot. If you have a problem its root bound. Which will show all the signs of over or under watering. Throw them in 5 gallons give them 2 weeks and theyll be ready to flip

You are not even close to being in a living soil... first it is not soil.. second, it is not living, no matter how many living organisms you push through there with your teas... your organisms have NO organics to eat other than the few you have supplied with your tea, so the normal organic living soil/microlife/roots interaction can not happen.
Totally agree.

Thanks. My bags seem still fairly heavy after a couple days so I don’t want to over water either shouldn’t the bags get lighter when water is needed?
Yeah if your in 2 gallons your due for an up pot. Most likely the roots are bound. Just up can them reduce the feed levels a bit. (We never go over the manufacturer recommended levels, ever!)
You'll be just fine.

Oh... so now you have mentioned a few more products... synthetic products and products that are toxic to the microlife such as humic acid, anything from Botanicare, Zeus juice. No wonder they look overfed... but forget the microlife, they are dying quickly.
Ok well wasn’t sure about the humic acid I’ve read several places that it was organic and ok for my plants could obviously be wrong. And no the bontanicare is OMRI so I’m sure it’s not Falsified and the Zeus juice is supposed to be Organic as well. I mean are you here to just bash my grow and try to get me to purchase Roots Organic or are you going to help me? Don’t get me wrong I don’t mind structured criticism at all but I’m feeling a bit more than just that?!?

Yeah if your in 2 gallons your due for an up pot. Most likely the roots are bound. Just up can them reduce the feed levels a bit. (We never go over the manufacturer recommended levels, ever!)
You'll be just fine.
You're*... jeesh..
Good luck StreetReligion there is a lot of conflicting information in here, keep us posted too much pseudoscience and over complicating.. if no one else can help you feel free to pm me i'll walk you through the basics that worked for me.

Ok well wasn’t sure about the humic acid I’ve read several places that it was organic and ok for my plants could obviously be wrong. And no the bontanicare is OMRI so I’m sure it’s not Falsified and the Zeus juice is supposed to be Organic as well. I mean are you here to just bash my grow and try to get me to purchase Roots Organic or are you going to help me? Don’t get me wrong I don’t mind structured criticism at all but I’m feeling a bit more than just that?!?
Dont get sucked into the hydro vs soil fight.... your medium isnt alive your nutrients are. Again semantics. They're dirt growers and honestly cant offer much advice from the sound of it. I know that other dude was calling me out about how many grows I've done in coco. Enough to win the respect of members here. I work in the cannabis industry so I probably have no idea what I'm saying

The OP needs to decide on his/her next grow to either do organics with soil or a soilless medium like coco. Considering the size of your plant and the container size, it's impossible to over water a coco/perlite mix. You should be feeding at least twice a day to run off, maybe more. I feed daily from sprout when in 1ltr air pots and twice a day in flower when in 9.2ltr air pots.

You'll be just fine.
Come to think about it man you may be absolutely correct it may not even be anything major it may just be I let them outgrow them bags. I’ve seen some pretty nice sized plants in 2 gallons pots and figures I could pull it off but obviously seeing pictures and in person is two different things I think the transplant really could be the issue. Thanks I appreciate the help bud.

Dont get sucked into the hydro vs soil fight.... your medium isnt alive your nutrients are. Again semantics. They're dirt growers and honestly cant offer much advice from the sound of it. I know that other dude was calling me out about how many grows I've done in coco. Enough to win the respect of members here. I work in the cannabis industry so I probably have no idea what I'm saying
And I have done my own coco grow this year? Arrogance doesn't make you better, 9/10 people commenting on coco havent grown in it they grew in a soil/coco mix, or amended the coco and treated like Hydro.. Working in the Cannabis industry just tends makes you full of your self, every single one of my coworkers think they know it all., I also work in the cannabis industry and have my licence soooooooo.

You're*... jeesh..
Good luck StreetReligion there is a lot of conflicting information in here, keep us posted too much pseudoscience and over complicating.. if no one else can help you feel free to pm me i'll walk you through the basics that worked for me.
Thanks man I’ll keep that in mind I’ll see if I can keep these girls alive I’m not sure now I just wanna throw them out ugh.. This world is so helpful!!

Well your comment was pretty dick ish man. Let's be honest "how many coco grows have you even done"... I'm not just gonna sit and take insults. You know as well as I do that we can only help based on the info we are given. if the plants are heavy in coco after 3 days that's a serious sign they arent up taking food or water.

They're dying and people are here correcting the grower instead of offering help and advice.

I'm sorry I probably responded more out of frustration from the other posts. I dont doubt your experience or knowledge, I just hate to see people reach out for help and basically get told off. That's no the 420 community I've known for years.

Back
Top Bottom