Oxypot 4 DWC Advice

jxck02

420 Member
Hi all,

I'm just looking for a bit of advice before I take the plunge currently got a few autoflowers pretty much nearly ready for my first time it's looking amazing. Although having had time to think and do research I really want to maximise the yields I get I'm making the move from auto to just females giving it longer time to grow.

Genuinely I'm hoping to achieve 7 - 10 ounce dried per plant which is why I'm looking at the Oxypot 4 DWC with gold label coco mix - I currently have a 600w sodium light and a 1000w LED light.

Do you think it could potentially work with the move to the new system or am I dreaming a bit too much?

Any advice is really appreciated!

Hi all,

I'm just looking for a bit of advice before I take the plunge currently got a few autoflowers pretty much nearly ready for my first time it's looking amazing.

are they running already ?

Although having had time to think and do research I really want to maximise the yields I get I'm making the move from auto to just females giving it longer time to grow.

large yields and higher potency are always easier to acquire with photos.

Genuinely I'm hoping to achieve 7 - 10 ounce dried per plant which is why I'm looking at the Oxypot 4 DWC with gold label coco mix - I currently have a 600w sodium light and a 1000w LED light.

oxy's aren't for large grows. they are a small grow application. you won't get anywhere near the production goals in that.

for a first grow you are likely looking at about 1 ounce per plant in that system total. that thing is a toy.

more importantly though, what have you got for a grow area, and how is it set up. do you have extraction, ventilation, circulation, temp, and rh under control ? and how large is it ?

those are far more important at this stage.

are they running already ?

large yields and higher potency are always easier to acquire with photos.

oxy's aren't for large grows. they are a small grow application. you won't get anywhere near the production goals in that.

for a first grow you are likely looking at about 1 ounce per plant in that system total. that thing is a toy.

more importantly though, what have you got for a grow area, and how is it set up. do you have extraction, ventilation, circulation, temp, and rh under control ? and how large is it ?

those are far more important at this stage.

Hi again pal

No these ones aren't in yet I'm looking for some advice before I go into my second.

The setup would be in an outdoor shed, fully insulated then you've got the mylar on the inside - decent enough for around 8 plants at the moment.

What do you suggest for a monster yield? I was under the impression those systems would assist me.

No these ones aren't in yet I'm looking for some advice before I go into my second.

consider photos if it's a first grow. so many things can go sideways on an auto grow the chances of success on a first try is not that great.

most new growers won't know how to fix an issue if it happens in time to save the plants. photos buy you time. we can help you fix stuff as it arises, but you may not be able to accomplish it in time to save a failing auto.

i would also stick to a single strain on a first grow. different strains grow and mature at different rates. it may be too much to juggle on a first grow.

The setup would be in an outdoor shed, fully insulated then you've got the mylar on the inside - decent enough for around 8 plants at the moment.

you will need environmental control. ventilation, circulation, outdoor air exchange, heating, temp control, dehum / rh control would need to be in place. also a strategy to remove odour since you are in the uk.

go have a look at @Bill284 's set up for a proper year round indoor shed grow. it will give you a great idea of what's involved.

What do you suggest for a monster yield? I was under the impression those systems would assist me.

they are just a modern take on an old spit and dribble system. where they fall down is the common res. the roots get intertwined and can't be separated. if one plant gets sick it kills them all. the only place they seem to sell is the uk. the rest of the world hates them.

also the 4 - pot system only manages to support 1 or maybe 2 plants of any size due to the lack of space between the plants. it's really just for small plants finishing early before they achieve any size if you run more than one or two.

if you are a new grower, anything hand fed / watered will give you the greatest chances of success. you'd do miles better in a coco, hp promix, or even hempy style grow.

i'd consider getting some decent fabric pots and lean toward a coco or hp promix type of grow. you will need less gear and learn loads more while being more successful in early grow attempts. i would run at least 2 grows that way and fill some jars before fucking around.

longer term have a look at a sips system or even hempy. i would suggest sips as it hits well above it's weight in terms of growing ease and production.

i run hempy as it is super cheap and effective. my 5L buckets equal or exceed what most folk produce in 5 gallon. i can hit almost the same weights in as little as a 2L bucket.

Totally get the want and need for larger crops n harvest. Those Sip grows are pretty awesome and I damn sure want to try one in a tub. Two plants, one tub, Scrog, should produce over a lb in a 4x4 easy. I've done soils, peat, coco, and Dwc. Gotta try those sips. I've seen some massive grows and I'm sold.

Back
Top Bottom