Pepper's DIY Mars 300W LED Grow

Peppers

Hi all I plan to start a new round in my micro set up. I'm thinking of getting 2 or 3 of Royal Queen Seeds Royal Gorilla feminised photos to grow in my 1 litre pots from start to end.
I've been away for some time but I'm back and I can't wait to get started! Here's a link to my other micro run I've done.
DIY Veg & Flower Box
I will be using all the same nutes, light and G-Box for this run and was wondering if any of you guy's had tried the Royal Gorilla? And if she really is as strong as they describe?
Cheers guys
:green_heart::420:
:passitleft:

I changed my mind and instead of Royal Gorilla I've ordered 2 Fresh Candy Feminised photoperiod seeds and got a Northernlights photoperiod seed as a freebie. Its 3 to 5 days on delivery so I made an adjustment to my Gbox. I added hinges to the bottom drawer so now it opens up fully instead of the bottom drawer being permanently closed. I'll upload a picture soon. It means I have full access for feeding instead of having to take plants out!

So my seeds arrived early!
I'm just waiting on 2x silent pc fans to use as fresh air intake. As soon as they arrive I'll germinate the seeds.
Thinking of doing 1x Fresh candy and 1x Northernlights and using either 1.5 litre pots or 2 litre pots. I'll be topping and LSTing them for a better yield.
Cheers

I'll pull up a chair if I may. I like micro grows, and looks like you did well with your last grow. Could be in for a show :)

I had a box similar to yours a couple of grows back, mine was even more "hack and bash" than yours lol. Didn't do a journal of that grow alas, it was probably my most successful.

What sort of temps do you get in there? Bet it doesn't stay at 20.2c for long.

:Namaste:

I'll pull up a chair if I may. I like micro grows, and looks like you did well with your last grow. Could be in for a show :)

I had a box similar to yours a couple of grows back, mine was even more "hack and bash" than yours lol. Didn't do a journal of that grow alas, it was probably my most successful.

What sort of temps do you get in there? Bet it doesn't stay at 20.2c for long.

Hi Piña Delores thanks for dropping by and yea feel free to pull up a chair. My temps are 26.6c lights on but it gets hotter through summer. Got as high as 29c last time but as we're past summer the temps should be around 26c. I struggle with low humidity during seedling stage but as the plants get bigger the humidity sorts itself out.

Had a problem with my new pc fans lol they didn't come but are marked as delivered? I'll order another 2 from a different place soon as possible.
I think I might just germinate 2 seeds tomorrow and get this show on the road. I'll pop to the shop for soil and pots on Monday. I was wondering what you guys think about the size of pots? I'm not sure if I should go up or stay using my 1 litre ice cream pots?
Cheers.

Hey Peppers

It's a tough one, on the one hand your plant did so well in the small pot last time, why change.

On the other, plants do grow and produce better in larger pots.

Think I'd go with your 2 litre idea if you think they'd fit in your space, I mean that's still far from a large pot :).

The issue I had when I had my smaller box was height. Larger pots tend to raise the height of your soil, as well as volume. The higher the soil the less room for lights and plant. The first time I made my own smart pots that were longer and wider, with out the increase in height.

I also used large smart pots and rolled down the sides so they were half height.

Yes definitely. I haven't been growing cannabis for years (I just started my first new grow), but with hot peppers,tomatoes, I think all plants, a bigger pot gives better yields. The roots just have that much more space to grab nutrients.
Hi Crane yea I'm thinking more rootmass should make it easier for for any plants to give more yields.

Hey Peppers

It's a tough one, on the one hand your plant did so well in the small pot last time, why change.

On the other, plants do grow and produce better in larger pots.

Think I'd go with your 2 litre idea if you think they'd fit in your space, I mean that's still far from a large pot :).

The issue I had when I had my smaller box was height. Larger pots tend to raise the height of your soil, as well as volume. The higher the soil the less room for lights and plant. The first time I made my own smart pots that were longer and wider, with out the increase in height.

I also used large smart pots and rolled down the sides so they were half height.

Hey Piña Delores I might make some pots like you thanks for the suggestion.

Hey Piña Delores I might make some pots like you thanks for the suggestion.

No problem. Hope you can find some suitable material, that was the hard part as I remember it.

Making your own means you can tailor them to your grow space, square or rectangle. Circular wastes a lot of space when it's at a premium.

No problem. Hope you can find some suitable material, that was the hard part as I remember it.

Making your own means you can tailor them to your grow space, square or rectangle. Circular wastes a lot of space when it's at a premium.

Lol I totally agree, I'm thinking I have a material shopping bag it's rectangular and a bit high so I'll have to cut it down to size. I'll have a look in the shops tomorrow and see if I can get something half the size. Hopefully have the seeds germinating by tomorrow evening.

Back
Top Bottom