Perpetual Pics

Been a long time buddy! . Sorry to hear about your troubles . Sadly my summer wasn't much better. Temps were tough to keep down which resulted in tiny yields but tons of crystals from the stress lol.

Unfortunately I had a similar experience with LEDs. They are hot especially in a tent. I use my reflector series in veg but mainly rely on T5s. I only use cooltube hps/mh for flower. Usually I run my veg temps/humidity higher than in flower. I can't install an AC either so in the winter I'm able to duct in from outside. In the summer I'm pretty much f*cked and have to dim all the lights and cut my losses.

Spider Mites are something I've dealt with for quite awhile. I've also had problems with aphids, fungus gnats, and the worst of all broad mites . I believe once you've been growing in the same spot for awhile it becomes impossible to completely eradicate pests.

Instead I've learned to focus on management. First I spray all my veg girls weekly. I've tried tons of sprays. Currently my favorite is called Method 1 from Growth Efficiency Technologies. It's non toxic and mainly made up of oil extracts like peppermint that bugs hate but smell great lol. I don't even have to rotate sprays because bugs don't build immunity to it.

Secondly I use predator mites in flower. Usually i only have outbreaks in the Fall so thats the only time i need the predators but if i had a recurring issue id get a monthly delivery which is about $50.

If i get a big outbreak i spray every other day with method 1 and cover all my veg and flower plants in predators. Only spraying in veg of course. In flower besides the predators I only spray with cold water daily and drop nighttime temps. It slows them down at least.

Another thing I learned my first bout with these is spraying too many different products can stress the plants making them an easier target for mites as well. Healthy plants fight for themselves. I totally understand the feeling though. Its hard not to declare WW3 when you start seeing webs on your beautiful flowers .

Finally manual removal. I keep my girls super lean by deleafing as much as possible. I also lolly pop them high with the fans blowing across the tops. And I regularly check for mite damaged leaves and remove them.

The last thing i can think of is strains. For some reason my fruitiest strains attract them. I can have a strawberry fields covered in mites next to a Rollex OG and they won't touch the OG.

Hope these tips help. Sounds like you've tried about everything. Im sure you'll get them sorted out. Pics look dank! Keep working hard bro and it'll payoff .

isolate the mothers somewhere else and sanitize the room and everything in it
make sure the mothers are clean before putting them back in
or just scrap it all sanitize then start over

Hey Hey. Finally feel confident, not embarrassed to post. Still can not believe this wasn't taken down for lack of activity.

First, I should be asleep. My back is out and decided to get back into this.

So, to respond to CCH's above reply; yeah bro that was my plan. I had a 2x4x5 tent and a 4x4x8 with my clones and mothers. That's whare the mites infested. Chopped everything in my 1500 watt 5x5 Gorilla flowering tent that is new and never saw a mite ever. I went to flower all my mothers. They were like 50% webbed. I took your advice.:thumb:

I threw away both those tents. Stripped, bleached (Multiple times) Put a death mix of Avid, Forbid, and Flying Skull Nukem in a pump sprayer. Douched everything 3X. Then let the room lay dormant for close to four months.

I'll get some pics up this weekend. I do have to say that my last harvest-ests have been the best yield and quality.

I had some cool strains finish that I never mentioned. OG Ghost Train Haze. It was the femmned one...think #4. That's got a bit of that cat piss funk that Lester has mentioned in the past.

Jordan of the Islands God's Blue Diesel. Really good smoke. Smooth. I only grew one plant.

Bomb Seeds Atomic. I like this type of weed. Rock hard golf balls of sweet kush. I purchased another seed for future grows.

Kosher Tangie was an amazing yielder. Nice grow. Just seemed to lack a bit in potency.

Right now I have three plants 5-6 days into flower. Bubba's Gift, Afgoo, and Delicious Seeds Candy---all free seeds. Have established clones for future. I have better genetics so I doubt these will be around much longer.

Think I have 9 new gorgeous mothers in my new Mars Hydro 4'ishX4'ish veg tent. Off the top of my sleepy mind..there's Kosher Kush, Pakistan Vallery, Viper Cookies, Gorilla Cookies, The three strains previously listed, along with Bomb Seed's Berry Bomb and Northern Lights #9.

I have big plans. I recall saying that I was disappointed with my two Mars Hydro 5x192 Reflectors. They are on the 5x5 flowering tent with a Usio 600 watt HPS. Temps with the lights on is 76 F. There is still snow on the ground here. Right now is my sweet spot for temps....I need a mini-split AC.

Saw I just missed the contest entry dates. Darn. I have a new phone and tablet. Should be able to take a decent pick. I;l work on that this weekend.

420-magazine-mobile1182150157.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2013751350.jpg
420-magazine-mobile181478649.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1201535162.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1732373604.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1226032626.jpg
420-magazine-mobile632049975.jpg
420-magazine-mobile843889680.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2103023490.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1734471418.jpg
420-magazine-mobile279180644.jpg
420-magazine-mobile791501859.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Above are some pics from last night. First ones are of the flowering tent. There's an Afgoo, Delicious Seed's Candy, and a Bubba's gift just starting their third week of flowering. I just through in a Gorilla Cookies the other night.

The next shots are of my veg tent. Plants in there are still showing a bit of nutrient issues due to the severe cold they experienced. But they are looking a lot better. There's a tray of freshly rooted clones in there too.

My plan is to tonight sterilize the cloning machine, take more clones, then toss the veging girls into 12-12. CHH gave me some pretty good advice a while back...don't keep mammoth mothers. I'm going to keep them as short of a time as possible while still being able to have a steady supply of clones. :Namaste:

420-magazine-mobile1725967796.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1369544205.jpg
420-magazine-mobile661922514.jpg
420-magazine-mobile417902997.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1515470737.jpg
420-magazine-mobile179457913.jpg
420-magazine-mobile416085724.jpg
420-magazine-mobile695186603.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1956168373.jpg
420-magazine-mobile675034658.jpg
420-magazine-mobile590462877.jpg
420-magazine-mobile602408695.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2058435212.jpg
420-magazine-mobile957939180.jpg
420-magazine-mobile304988565.jpg
420-magazine-mobile519325234.jpg
420-magazine-mobile438325358.jpg

Some pics from last night. I transplanted the Afgoo and Candy from 2 gallons buckets to 4 gallon smart pots as they were getting root bound.

Took clones off of the other big girls and moved them in. Newer strains are Kosher Kush, Pakistan Valley, Berry Bomb, and Northern Lights #9 Either the 7 or eighth pic is Pakistan Valley. That thing is shaped light a short tumble weed. I'm curious to see what she looks like at harvest. Should be interesting..

Still wishing I had a better camera. I'm really not doing these plants justice.

Here's some Northern Light Blues.

today_441.jpg
today_442.jpg
today_443.jpg
today_444.jpg
today_445.jpg
today_446.jpg
today_447.jpg
today_448.jpg

Maybe I spoke too soon calling my Purple Kush a runt.

today_449.jpg
today_450.jpg
today_451.jpg

I have one Northern Lights x Skunk # 1 in flowering. I just uploaded all the taken pics. Some how I got a "led looking" effect in one.

today_452.jpg

today_453.jpg
today_454.jpg
today_455.jpg
today_456.jpg
today_457.jpg
today_458.jpg
today_459.jpg
today_460.jpg

Plants may look small in the pictures but I think I'll come close to 20 dried grams/plant. Six roughly fit per square foot. I'm pleased.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom