Pistils dying - please help

Hubbard88

420 Member
My pistils are coming out and dying please I need help don't know what week of flowering stage I am in also I'm new to this please help

IMG_20230923_125155_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230923_125149_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230923_125142_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230922_220614.jpg

IMG_20230922_220557_HDR.jpg

Welcome to the Forum, unfortunately you've got some issues, probably too late to do much about it. Looks like you've got major pest problems and maybe overfertilization.
It would not pest nor over fertilization. About a month ago I did not dilute the vinegar as much as I should and it burnt all of myLeaves so I cut all of the burnt ones off and now when it grows when the pistols come out they die

It would not pest nor over fertilization. About a month ago I did not dilute the vinegar as much as I should and it burnt all of myLeaves so I cut all of the burnt ones off and now when it grows when the pistols come out they die
I mean it has strong smell to it and those clear sticky things all over does it take a while for the buds to fill in and form
Just every since I put vinegar and burnt most of the plant it grows like this now

Why were you spraying with vinegar? Whatever the cause, the plant is not going to do much more than it has, the buds will mature, but I doubt they’re going to get a lot bigger. Something is definitely wrong, Citric acid sprays will cause pistol browning. The leaves are not growing normally (neither are the buds). I’m wondering if you over acidified the soil with numerous vinegar sprays?

Why were you spraying with vinegar? Whatever the cause, the plant is not going to do much more than it has, the buds will mature, but I doubt they’re going to get a lot bigger. Something is definitely wrong, Citric acid sprays will cause pistol browning. The leaves are not growing normally (neither are the buds). I’m wondering if you over acidified the soil with numerous vinegar sprays?
Me personally I think I damaged the cell walls of the new growth that's does grow
I only did that vinegar spray that one time I did not know it's supposed to be diluted in the one hell I had about two cups with two cups of water there's where I screwed up but it's filling in and smells damn great like you said I don't think the buds might get any bigger but they might I just now started banana peel tea Heard lots of great things about it hell it was not hurt to try it compared to what has already happened to it

Whatever the cause, the plant is not going to do much more than it has, the buds will mature, but I doubt they’re going to get a lot bigger. Something is definitely wrong, Citric acid sprays will cause pistol browning. The leaves are not growing normally (neither are the buds).
I think the plant is next to being toast. It probably can be saved and brought back to health but that will take several months inside the house and under lights. But that would involve removing all the buds and getting the plant to start back into a vegetating stage right away. And would have to figure out if there is an insect problem before that gets out of control. Probably not worth it unless it is for the experience.

Me personally I think I damaged the cell walls of the new growth that's does grow
I have the feeling that the cells are healthy and attempting to grow. Something other than "cell wall damage" is causing the plant to have those damaged leaves. There are some small buds starting to grow along with new leaves so cell wall damage being passed on to new cells is not a problem.

I only did that vinegar spray that one time I did not know it's supposed to be diluted ..........I had about two cups with two cups of water
It happens. Always best to ask for recipe if you find someone using a mix they made themselves. And while waiting for them to get back with the recipe look it up to find out how other make it. Many of the vinegar & water home-made sprays are for powdery mildew control and a common recipe is 4 or 5 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar (not white or distilled vinegar) to a gallon of water.

Citric acid sprays will cause pistol browning.
A mild case of browning but those pistils on @Hubbard88's plant are a deep brown and dead.

I use a Citric Acid mix for Powdery MIldew and deliberately spray the buds to get the acidic surface to reduce the chance of he mildew growing in all the nooks and crannies in the buds. The pistils still stay alive and barely turn brown except from normal aging.

This stack of buds is on an outdoor plant and as luck would have it I sprayed it 3 times in the last week... on last Sunday, on Thursday and again on Saturday. Always sprayed in early afternoon on a sunny day and the pistils are not that much browner than they would be about 5 weeks into flowering. Took the photo at 9 am.

full

A mild case of browning but those pistils on @Hubbard88's plant are a deep brown and dead.

I use a Citric Acid mix for Powdery MIldew and deliberately spray the buds to get the acidic surface to reduce the chance of he mildew growing in all the nooks and crannies in the buds. The pistils still stay alive and barely turn brown except from normal aging.

This stack of buds is on an outdoor plant and as luck would have it I sprayed it 3 times in the last week... on last Sunday, on Thursday and again on Saturday. Always sprayed in early afternoon on a sunny day and the pistils are not that much browner than they would be about 5 weeks into flowering.

full
I think a lot has to do with how concentrated the citric acid spray is, looks like you've got it dialed in!

Back
Top Bottom