Please help! First grow think she's dying

Theres not enough secondary nutes and too much nitrogen in that potting mix.
420-magazine-mobile1975827973.jpg

If you're in the UK you could use canna specific soils but they're quite expensive. Canna Terra Pro, Biobizz AllMix (a little hot for small plants), Biobizz Light Mix, Plant Magic Soil Supreme or Alpha Mix. They run from anywhere between £13 and £17 a bag though. I wouldn't recommend B&Q's own soil as it's shit lately but there are two composts that I would recommend, you will need to amend with around 25% Perlite for aeration though. These are Clover Multipurpose Compost (hard to get hold of but is the dog's bollox if you can source it, runs me at £13 for 3 bags or £15 for 3 if I buy the John Innes version) and Westland Multipurpose Compost with added John Innes, 3 bags for a tenner at Wickes :thumb:

I'm no pro but I used time release fert soil on my first grow and had nothing but problems it did look over watered and does seem to be perking up I use fox farm ocean and it's great hope you pull threw this and learned a few things good luck
How long do you wait into vegetation until you give the babies nutes? I also used ffof and want to make sure i don't put to many nutes in before the soils are used up

I'd say put your plant in some new soil and let it dry out between watering. Your soil feeds for up to 6 months which is longer than the plants life.. try Using a soil without the fertilizer. That way you can add the nutes.

I started using 2 week of veg and only start out about 1/4 of recommended dose and work up

So you add nutes to self feeding soil that's got enough to feed for 6 months?? I gotta be missing something here. Maybe one or 10 to many hits on the old pipe tonight but I'd think that would be much on the little ones.

Shoulda added more than one coat of paint bro,you can barely tell its white...jus go to your nearest dollar store and get some reflective visors and hang them on your walls. But anyway i had the same problem with one of my gals drooping and leaves were feeling extra dry so i started spraying her with a spray bottle and now shes one of my strongest gals.
I think you might have something more serious going on but try light moisture on the leaves and stem.

Shoulda added more than one coat of paint bro,you can barely tell its white...jus go to your nearest dollar store and get some reflective visors and hang them on your walls. But anyway i had the same problem with one of my gals drooping and leaves were feeling extra dry so i started spraying her with a spray bottle and now shes one of my strongest gals.
I think you might have something more serious going on but try light moisture on the leaves and stem.

I'm getting the feeling that your issue may have been down to humidity whereas I believe from what I've seen here that the main issue is overwatering. With humidity issues the leaves would curl and start to discolour and it would also affect the weaker plants of the bunch whereas only the largest plant is affected here, also the plant in the largest pot which is a sure way of drowning the root zone.

If it was the nutrients in the soil we would see burn so we can discount that issue and if it was underwatering apart from the plant being dead by now we would have seen full branch droop before the plant shrivelled up and died (much like with humidity issues except the senescence would occur much quicker without any curling or discolouration).

I think looking at everything we've seen so far that the main issue is overwatering and to fix that I would let the plant go to a complete dry cycle and then be very careful when watering, or as the OP mentioned transplant into a compost that is much more suitable for Cannabis (with plenty of aeration, no water retention and no need for 6 months of feed). I hope this helps, all the best

In addition if humidity is an issue you can use the see through freezer/sandwich bags, just place one over the girl for a few days creating a humidity dome and she will pick right up:thumb:

Looks like a watering issue to me. Definitely over as opposed to under so I would dry her out totally then gradually add H20 but when a plants leaves droop like the pic shows, that's a overwatering issue so that would be my first step towards recovery.

Back
Top Bottom