Planning to cross strains...

berrydizzle

Ok, so I have 10 white russian plants growing from seed right now. Once I flower and find a male I plan to cross it with a blueberry that I have. So here is what I was thinking...If I have a blueberry clone start flowering at the same time as the white russians, then move the male to a different room so the pollen sacs can burst open. Then I will take the pollen and put it on a blueberry bud. How long will it take the pollen sacs to burst open? And then once I pollenate, how long should it take to get mature seeds. Say I put the pollen on the blueberry in the middle of week 5...i will harvest all the other plants around week 9 but would I need to let the plant making seeds go on longer or will they be ready the same time that the others plants are??

Sacs to open?
after appearing on the strains I got,
damn, gota' think about that, been a few while since I payed attention.
seems like 2-3 weeks

get mature seed?
as long as it takes for them to fully develope and ripen.
You can lose the bud crop but will have a good seed crop.
This is why some only do a lower branch or two.
You can harvest the Tops and leave the seed branches to fully ripen.
I would fert a Darlin'/female on the same schedule as the male
or very soon after she shows sex/starts gettin'/puttin' out pistals.

The flowering time on the two strains close or the same?

Sacs to open?
after appearing on the strains I got,
damn, gota' think about that, been a few while since I payed attention.
seems like 2-3 weeks

get mature seed?
as long as it takes for them to fully develope and ripen.
You can lose the bud crop but will have a good seed crop.
This is why some only do a lower branch or two.
You can harvest the Tops and leave the seed branches to fully ripen.
I would fert a Darlin'/female on the same schedule as the male
or very soon after she shows sex/starts gettin'/puttin' out pistals.

The flowering time on the two strains close or the same?

The white russian and blueberry both say 56-63 days. The male will be flowered in a dresser closet with 2 floro tubes and a few cfl's. Just enough light to make it grow. No fans or nothing, i was told to put some newspaper under the plant to collect the pollen once it falls. I am going to get a cotton swab and dab it on the pollen and then hit one or two of the lower buds on the plant. Will the whole plant get seeds or just the buds that I pollenate? So if the plant bursts open with pollen on week 3, and i put it right on the blueberry, the seeds will be ripe by the time I harvest all the other bud in the room?? That would only make since thinking about nature and survival and everything. if not I could harvest the bud and let the seeds keep maturing if I needed to. Will I be able to see them in the buds?? I know lots of questions but thanks for the help.

Thanks man...ill definately keep a journal for this one...or wait, it will probably be in the same one i have now. But growing the seeds will be something else...I cant wait!

BTW:would breeding 2 males instead of one increase my chances of getting a more desireable phenotype?

Back
Top Bottom