Plant height timing question

One of the strains that I will be growing this season is Vanilla Kush. All the info I've read, says the plants max out at about a meter. I will use a scrog screen to at the very least separate the branches or ideally scrog them.
Is the "plants max out at about a meter" only applying to outside? Since the plant is shorter in stature, can I veg her and scrog her, let her start growing vertically from the nodes, and then flip her? My point is: I want to have longish stalks of fat bud rising from my screen as opposed to stalks of less than a foot.

I should start by saying I've never done E&F.. Just a post to say, even scroged, some plants will not submit to being kept down.. Perfect example is the two Waterfarm plants in my mixed hydro thread.. Both plants trained exactly the same way and feed the same.. One stayed down to one foot+ long colas. the other surged to at least 30+".. I only veg 4-5 weeks for most of my grows, and about 100 days total..

Pack of seeds are somewhat consistent. Different phenos are going to grow different.
If you want big plants, the key is a longer veg or maximize the area in veg to have long fat buds..

Healthy long veg is the key to a larger harvest.
Cant really say about tye plant height, thats all around about numbers..
Good luck
The seeds are Barney's Farm feminized Vanilla Kush. I have a mother/donor growing now. I will be growing just this strain in my tray from cuttings so hopefully they will all stay about the same size. I think I will just veg longer than usual.

I should start by saying I've never done E&F.. Just a post to say, even scroged, some plants will not submit to being kept down.. Perfect example is the two Waterfarm plants in my mixed hydro thread.. Both plants trained exactly the same way and feed the same.. One stayed down to one foot+ long colas. the other surged to at least 30+".. I only veg 4-5 weeks for most of my grows, and about 100 days total..
I hope ebb and flow is the same as flood and drain because that more accurately describes what I do. I will be growing from a single mother, so the cuttings should stay about the same size. I've read all I can find about the strain and no one ever says, "I think I'll veg this plant for a longer period of time to get a bigger plant, maybe they are after a max 3ft plant?

Back
Top Bottom