Plant problem need help identifying dying leaf

Wazo

hi so i have a problem with my weed plant. is not been growing anymore.
is look stunt from growth for some reason i don't know. is about over 60 days from seed and almost 4 feet tall. i think the problem why is stop growing is because the leave start to not grow.

and so is the all the new smaller stem on the upper part of the plant.
i fan leave look really like is dying back some bit. but the fan leave some of the new one is still ok growing bigger. the few older fan leave is getting look dry out and dying back. and is doesn't look like is can captureing light any. so does some of the smaller new shoot.

anyone has any idea of why this is happening and how i can prevent it or help my plants revive sort of speak back to it normal growing condition again.

thanks in advance and thanks you all forthe time reading or view my thread.

i coulnd't upload the image when i started this theard so here are the photo i will try to make it show up the picture of my plant problem on here.

plantproblem1.jpg

plantproblem2.jpg

plantproblem3.jpg

plantproblem4.jpg

It is normal for the leaves to yellow and curl up like that during flowering. Although if hydroponics is setup correctly there is a lot less when growing this way. Not sure what is going on here. Looks like too much fertilizer. I feel you would benefit from having something like nutrients @ half strength for two weeks and some beneficial enzymes like sensizym to get that plant going again.

What is your run off pH?

DD

Hi thanks Jaynseattle for the advice.

that hash plant is on a normal watering schedule. i water it about twice a week with 1gallon of water.
as for the trimming goes. is acturally is not that dense in leave stucture yet, as it look in the picture. but i will take that into practice in the later vegging stage.
this is a plant i grow to become a mother so it won't be flowering it anytime yet soon. at least i hope it still makes lot more shoot for me in the next month or 2.

the lighting i'm using is Cfl. this plant like i say is at 4 feet tall and 15 inches in width.
so i dont have exactly have the right HID bulb for just this one plant. and using a 600 watt for one plant of this size seem a little wasteful.
i'm currently useing 15 hours of light of two 35 watt Cfl due to the outragouse space this plant is talking up. the light i use is Cfl mainly vertical light. and a Cfl for the top part of the plant.

the soil i'm using is maricle growing potting soil. with there chemical powder tomato plant food, using it only slightly more that have strenth due to the fertilizer already in the new bag of soil. along with a small dose of flowering food from Maricle grow.
i have only have a chance to fertilize them twice or three time since the begining of vegging in the first 30 days and is the same time as only twice with fertizer in the last 30days. this plant is at 60 days old.
and so you might be correct it might need some more nutes. and diffenately need alot more light.

P.s This is the only nutirents that i have at the moment and i will be switching it up my next trip to the grow store. i also have some organic choice from maricle grow. but becuase this plant is really fast and strong grow. i like to choice the chemical fertilizer for faster production.

hey thanks for the advic Growing247

acturally i'm not flowing this plant yet. and maybe because i don't take the picture clear enough. but the small shoot is really look more light stunt and stop growing. is what i believe you are referring to.
i haven't exactly taken off the nitrogen in the food out for this plant yet.
i see yes the leave was curling alot. but as for the small shoot goes it was very light green look. is not turning green yet because is a new shoot. so is not really turning yellow. its just look that way :)
and so i thought this was a sign of dying shoot leave.
as for the fan leaf goes. is leaf curl too. but more of a dying dry out look with a few burn look on the outer edge of the fan leaf.

i'm currently growing this Hash plant to become a mother. and is growing in a maricle grow potting soil. is not using any hydropoc setup. but the nutirent i'm using is chemicle powder tomato food from maricle grow.

is not in hydoponic watering. but i do also go around half strenth on the nutrients. and i haven't be feeding the plant much. i will start add more fertilezer after my next flushing.
thanks for the tip on the enzymes and sensizym i will consider that for my water shcedule.
i have never try use those before but i will research and consider it to my line of nutrients.

so i thought should take a picture a little more detail on the dying leaf on my plant. this way maybe someone can have a clue what's wrong with it and maybe can help me furture with solve this issue i have with my plants : D

so here is the dying fan leafs i was referring to earlyer. what's is that just over fertilizer?
is all i have to do is to flush the fertilizer out now. i don't think i have over feed it yet.
or could this be something wrong with plant itself. or the lighting? or even the temperature. is quiet cold here but my fan leaf and new shoot is seem to be the only part thats haveing a problem with growing again.
plantproblem5.jpg

plantproblem6.jpg

ok on this last picture. as you can see from the picture above i post 50 hours ago with around a day of Cfl light. the small shoot are getting alot better. is seem to growing ok now with the cfl light. the leave is steal a little curl. but the green color seem to start to show so life in the shoot :thumb:

and so i guess is not going to dye back the shoot after all. but is steal look very weak.
anyway i hope it will grow out now. (is also has leaf burn but the leaf on the shoot is not dying back. So i think over fertilizing is my only problem here. if tha's the case i will try to cut back on the nute.)

Over nuting for sure and a lockout due to low pH.

DD

hey Droopy Dog thanks you for the identifye my plant problem.

i really didn't notice the bottome shoot burn untill just a few days ago. the fan leave dying was what caught my attention.
and yes i did start pushing the nute alittle bit since i notice the new shoot growth wasn't growing too well.

i'll slow down on the nutes already and start flushing more often now.

but i just thought if i over nute the plant it will just curl or bunt on the tip. i thought this was some leaf desiease or something like that case my plant to dehydrate.

about the ph. when i mix the soil i put a little bit more than enough maybe even to much lime for raise the Ph. but i guess with a few gallow of nutes since the last few feeding. is ph has drop rapidly : [

how low is too low on Ph and how much is too high? so i know to keep in a nice range. i'm not even sure how much Ph is best for my plant anymore.
is 7 too high and is 4 too low?

In soil, 6.5-6.8 is ideal.

DD

Back
Top Bottom