Plantastarius' First Indoor - 400W - 9 x Autoflowers In Soil - 2016

Plantastarius

Hey all, howsit ?

I'm in the first week of my first Indoor grow so I figured I could start a journal, share my experience and maybe avoid some errors thank to more experienced growers around here :Namaste:

So here is my setup -

Tent - Dark Street II 120x120x180
Light - HPS OSRAM 400W Plantastar - dual spectrum
Strains - 3x Royal Queen Seeds Northern Lights auto., 3x Dinafem Blue-Critical auto., 3x Spliff Cheese auto.
Soil - Biobizz Light mix, in 3 gallon pots (11L)

So I'm currently just over week 1 with my autos, I suppose they are doing well, although the Blue Criticals are quite behind the others, the seeds themselves looked weaker and smaller than all the others. I'm currently running a 21/3 light cycle, adding a 15 minutes every few days. I started 22/2, cause my room is really cold and there was a problem with heating my tent up enough before light went out, now it's getting warmer so I think I ll arrive n 20/4 soon enough. This alone was my idea and I have no clue if this light cycle changes can damage my babies ? Would like to know your opinions.

The tent temperature fluctuates from 23 to 28 celsius during light and 15 - 19 during dark. RH goes roughly from 45-70%, while sometimes it spikes over 70 (78% at max, I observed this twice at max) , when the lights go out, after the lights are turned on it stabilizes quickly and is around 55% most of the time.

As for ferts, I'm gonna use Jungle in da Box, a fairly unknown brand from czech republic, but effective according to quite a few growers from czech forums. I ll add more infos about them later.

Here is a photo of all my plants and two which I noticed were a bit like twisted, I want to ask if that is a problem and if so, what could cause it?

Thanks in advance for any feedback and sorry for my grammar, not a native english speaker ;)

:peacetwo:Have a cool day !

20160307_181724_1_.jpg

20160307_181834_1_.jpg

20160307_181845_1_.jpg

Nice start plantastarius.. Look forward to a full tent of large lovely ladies.

Light change as you're suggesting is OK for autos, but not ideal. But since it's gradual I would guess they would not be stress shocked by that,which would be my concern. Honestly, any amount of info on autoflowers is very hard to find. I'd say run it, and then record your findings... Then maybe do a straight 18/6 or 20/4 to compare too.

Have fun and KiG :green_heart:cheers

Thank you Snidrajsed !

Yep shocking them was the last thing I wanted to do, but I chose warmth over more drastic temperature drop, hence the light cycle. We ll see how they progress :)

And yea, 18/6 is going to be my next round's cycle, so the comparison will be available :p

NOTE - Almost halfway through week 2 atm, girls lookin healthy with a dark green color so I suposse no feeding needed yet for at least 3-4 more days. Here is a photo of 2 of them outside the tent so the colors are well shown. Cheese on the left, NL on right. :peacetwo:

20160309_083501_1_.jpg

OK so a little update, I figured that the "twisting" of leaves was most propably caused by one instance of overheating in the tent, the temps were too high for at least 8 hours, so I suppose that is the cause ? I hope so, no other explanation comes to my mind.

Anyways here is a photo of few of them + a few close-ups (last one is the Northern light with most twisted leaves, I hope she ll be alright)

Yea and the CH (Cheese) has a yellow stain on one leaf, but that caused by water cause I think I left a water drop there at one instance.

What do you guys think ? Do you see any alarming signs ? I appreciate any advice ,

have a cool day ! :Namaste:

20160310_152354_1_.jpg

20160310_152423_1_.jpg

20160310_152440_1_.jpg

20160310_152512_1_.jpg

20160310_152326_1_.jpg

Yo yo yo fellow growers and noobs,

it is day 13 since sprout, just a quick update, girls are looking well in my opinion, I think I was overwatering a bit so backed down on that.

Note - I used 0.5 ml of a root/grow stimulant for 2 L of water, all girls responded well, only 1 Northern ligth showed signs of overfertilization (Or at least I think so, I also checked for spider mites but I saw nothing under those leaves) ? - photos attached. I will definitely wait at least one more week now until I feed again with a very low dose of full Jungleindabox mixture. Soft approach from start seems reasonable. Also I fear that I might have a PH inbalance, I ll try to sort that out next week, dont have anything to measure PH atm.

As always, any advice or opinion is welcomed ! Peace

20160312_172359.jpg
¨

20160312_172445.jpg

20160312_173245.jpg

Major update. it has 2 weeks after i lasted posted so this is going to be a big one.

First things first i sorted out my Ph problem. i bought Ph test papers and tested my tap water. It showed me 7 Ph so i downed it approx. to 6.3 Ph using citric acid. My runoff water also showed around 6.3 Ph.
My other problem is big nitrogen toxicity. My leaves are super dark and have claws on smaller leaves

(check out those plants in the background you can really see the claw there. the photo is form the end of the 3rd week).
20160320_002722.jpg

Coming close to the end of the 4th week i encountered a strange problem in form of bleached spots on lower leaves.
(notice the first plant on the left)
20160324_200336.jpg

20160327_203341.jpg

It looked like this the first day and the next it changed to this. These picture were taken yesterday
20160325_110026_2_.jpg

20160325_110043_1_.jpg

Today it spreaded on some of the upper leaves as well as other plants. It looks horrific!
20160327_203236.jpg

20160327_203422.jpg

20160327_203434.jpg

Notice how the lower leaves have crumbled, it has happened on all other plants as well.
I dont really know what it is but to me it looks like overfeeding problem maybe aftermath from the Ph problem
On the last picture however it looks like calcium deficiency. One thing that crossed my mind is phosphorus deficiency but i dont have any purple or red stems.

The Biobizz Light mix im using is said to run out of nutes after 3 weeks and it also doesnt contain any calcium. Last summer when i was growing autoflowers outdoors i put one of my plants into Biobizz Light mix pot and at the end of her life (almost) her lower leaves all crumbled to dust like mine are crumbling now and she was also dark as f*** throughout the whole grow.
So it got me thinking that maybe the soil is just poorly balanced.

Other thing i have to mention is that i recently bought Florium (its in czech so you probably wont understand)
Its a earthworm compost 100% natural, its not a fertilizer on its own but it contains enzymes and micronutrients and some low amount of cal/mag. it also helps the plants absorb nuts.
I fed my plants Florium the day before yesterday when i spotted the first bleached spots.
i used 1/3 of the recommended amount per liter.

i flushed thoroughly today by sinking my pots into bucked of Ph adjusted water to prevent possible overfeeding problem.
In the upcoming day i will either keep flushing or feed my plants some calcium and phosporus.
The problem is my cal. fertilizer also contains N so im worried ill burn them more

20160327_213303.jpg

20160327_213312.jpg

I would really appreciate some feedback now since im in kind of a fucked up situation in which i dont know what to do exactly.

This photo is from today its the last day of the 4th week
20160327_203126.jpg

Throw your knowledge at me!
¨
[EDIT]: I did a little google search and found out about this

https://www.------------.com/ph-fluctuations-cannabis

When i was watering last week with my Ph adjusted water I never flushed the plants throughoutly so maybe i changed the Ph around some part of the root area more than on the other which is Ph fluctation.
Im pretty high on edibles while writing this but it kinda makes sense.

note:I checked my roots and they are white so root rot is out of question

Screenshot_2016-03-28-11-46-48.png
it's either one of these macro nutes, most likely an excess. But possibly a deficiency. The large spaces between veins indicates toxicity though...

Keep checking Ph and if it doesn't improve soon, I would do light nute solution flushing to clear out what it's in it and replace it with some light replacement nutes.

Keep searching for examples of your situation, I'm sure there's someone here that's had your problem.

KiG :green_heart: hope that gives you some help with your plants.

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Yo fellas sorry for the inactivity i don't have much time on my hands right now harvest is coming soon and I'll finish this journal when all has been taken care of thx for all the support its well placed :)

Back
Top Bottom