Plants left in dark 48 hrs before harvest?

I have 5 White Widow autos. You just have th let them be. They are a very fussy strain. After two fails left these alone. I alternated nukes then water.I am now flushing on my eighth week. Waiting on pistals to turn amber. Then will put it in darkness for 72 hours. Take them out on third day.Trim all the fan leaves off and hang to dry for a week. They say WW is easy to grow. They hate being stressed. Flop right down. Gonna try something different like Gorilla glue or Skittles. I will have to research a bit. I chose WW because it's low in CBD and high in THC.
This is my second WW grow and they are doing great all for this one problem plant. The pic is of the one I'm ready to put in the dark for 48 hrs, probably tomorrow. I just had 2 grand daddy purples sprout and 2 sour tangies, and I'm waiting for 2 gorilla glues to germinate now. I'm gonna experiment with those 6 next, different feeding schedules for each, that's y I did them in pairs.

20211208_190953.jpg

What did you have your light really high throughout the grow bc they look really stretched? This is one of my white widows...

20211205_144249.jpg
I had a 150 watt led grow light on them. The internet says LED lights are the best to grow weed only you can't put them close to plants. Because LED lights are the best grow I just don't know about the ph in water. We have well water and need to put water pellets because the water is hard too much. 420 explains that LED Grow lights emit much light. Too much light stresses the plant out. Seedlings need to be 38 inches above or they won't sprout. In the veg state and flowering light needs to be 16 to 28 inches above plant.

I had a 150 watt led grow light on them. The internet says LED lights are the best to grow weed only you can't put them close to plants. Because LED lights are the best grow I just don't know about the ph in water. We have well water and need to put water pellets because the water is hard too much. 420 explains that LED Grow lights emit much light. Too much light stresses the plant out. Seedlings need to be 38 inches above or they won't sprout. In the veg state and flowering light needs to be 16 to 28 inches above plant.
While it may be true that too much light stresses a plant out, I would not expect that sort of stress from a 150w.

Also, that is a lot of fresh pistils, why harvest so early?

I have a Mars Hydro TS 1000 and two 300W Hydro Crunch LEDs over my plants. They need light to perform. The more light the more bud you will produce.

This is my second WW grow and they are doing great all for this one problem plant. The pic is of the one I'm ready to put in the dark for 48 hrs, probably tomorrow. I just had 2 grand daddy purples sprout and 2 sour tangies, and I'm waiting for 2 gorilla glues to germinate now. I'm gonna experiment with those 6 next, different feeding schedules for each, that's y I did them in pairs.
From the picture that plant is no where near being ready to harvest, way too many white pistils. A couple weeks at least. Need a picture of the trichromes, they should all be cloudy with some amber.

Probably my pots were too small.Only had them in 3 gal pot.
It's not the pot, it's the light, when you can, upgrade to a better light. The "leggyness" of the plant is from insufficient light.

Yes. I am prepared to do that real soon. My plants into 8th week. They say by complete darkness for 48 hrs. No light anywhere. It shuts down thinking that it is becoming winter and buds swell an THC gets stronger. Will let you know if it works.
That plant needs several more weeks before harvest, don't go by when the seed seller says it should be done, go by appearance. All the pistils are still white. You need to wait until the pistils turn brown and shrivel up, and the buds swell. The thrichromes need to be uniformly cloudy with some amber. If you don't have jeweler's loop, you should get one, so you can examine the trichromes up close.

Be careful plants that have purple choroform can see uv light. you dont want them to hermie. Just some good info I haven't seen on this site before
Pretty sure you mean chlorophyll, not chloroform. The purple pigment is anthocyanin, a type of chlorophyll that processes lower light intensity more efficiently than chlorophyll. UV light is seen by the whole plant, UV light can stimulate resin production (but too much can cause cell damage). I have never heard of it causing hermies.

Back
Top Bottom