Please help 16 day old seedling is dying

dude, if this is 27 days old, it's unlikely to do well, and is just taking up grow space; it's still a seedling after a month when many people have already flipped to flower - don't mean to sound harsh, but sometimes it's best to cut your losses and start over - you could ba back to the stage it's at now in a week if you follow the advice you've been given :Namaste:

Unless he's growing commercially there are no losses to cut, and he's got another seed going, along with this one. Worse case scenario, caring for it will teach him new things. I don't see any negatives to keeping it going.

well I guess that's why we're all different, and have other opinions; I feel there's more to be learned from starting afresh and doing things correctly than nursing a dying 27 day old seedling :Namaste:

Thank You Antics, I am not growing commercially nor do I plan to. Growing for me has been a learning experience and since these seeds are very expensive and the one with the pale leaves (Jolene) was the most expensive seed I purchased I am definitely going to keep her going there is no reason to give up hope on her she has already taught me so much and I am sure she will teach me more.

My goal for her is to hopefully nurse her back to full health and see her flower even if it means she takes 6-7 months, I am determined to save her.

Unless he's growing commercially there are no losses to cut, and he's got another seed going, along with this one. Worse case scenario, caring for it will teach him new things. I don't see any negatives to keeping it going.

Exactly right every grow is a learning experience and bringing one back from the brink will make a better grower in the long run.

Keep nursing her, your next grows will be the better for it.

Ok time for an update,

Temps 85 degrees,
humidity 50%,
PH 6.3

Jolene (Berry Bomb)
She has not been looking good but still showing signs of new growth and I trimmed her dead leaves so the plant can focus its energy on new growth and roots.

Eve (Auto NYC)
She has been looking great no problems so far at all besides the fact that maybe she is growing slowly? Please be the judge, im not sure if its because all the other 11 day old seedlings that I saw online look bigger or is it that she is really growing slow. I think shes small for 11 days old

photo_34.PNG

Ok night update.

Jolene (Berry Bomb) is still being herself lol but good news is after I clipped her dead leaves she has shown new growth the 2 center leaves are raised more and actually growing.
photo_35.PNG

Eve (Auto NYC) looks great and is healthy as far as I can tell please tell my if you notice otherwise, She has seemed a little stunted lately but still is growing very slowly so I am praying that she has nothing wrong with her cause I am hoping to harvest her at the end of November.
photo_2480.JPG
photo_17.PNG

I also moved the fan from blowing directly on them to off center to reduce wind burn if any.

Have you ruled out overwatering? Or by overwatering I also mean the roots not being able to breathe because the soil may be too compact. I would add some perlite next time, or use a soil that has it in it already like lightwarrior. Just a thought.

No water for Jolene for a while. Make sure she's really dry before watering. I assume the cup has drainage holes? Look at those holes on the bottom to check for moisture.

We want to see that purple color on the leaves change into healthy green growth.

Yep both the cups have drainage holes. (Also Grow Room temps are at 75 degrees and 55% humidity)

Also is there a better way to check when to water I usually put one finger into the soil about the first knuckle deep and check if the soil is dry and then I water this is usually every 6 to 7 days that I have to water. This time I put one finger into the soil and I hit roots and I really really do not want to damage roots so I need to know if there is a better way to check with out digging into soil.
(I hit roots on both Eve and Jolene)

Back
Top Bottom