Please Help A Rookie! A Deficiency?

RookieJuana

My lemon cheese is 3 weeks old and the blueberry is 2 weeks old. They are in 5-gallon cloth pots with Fox Farms ocean forest and perlite. I've only been feeding them water up until today. I just hit them with the first out of the Fox Farms Trio because they started to look like this. What do you think? I need some help from the experts! Thank you so so much for taking the time to read this and if you respond, thank you for that, from the bottom of my heart! Just a rookie trying to get better!

Attachments

• 20190330_214334.jpg
    20190330_214334.jpg
    937.4 KB · Views: 164
  • 20190330_214330.jpg
    20190330_214330.jpg
    894.6 KB · Views: 151
  • 20190330_214222.jpg
    20190330_214222.jpg
    846.7 KB · Views: 149
  • 20190330_214207.jpg
    20190330_214207.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 143
Under a Phlizon 1200 watt led light.

Oh and they are doing that taco or canoe thing.

Lmao..... ocean forest should have nutes in it for good 3-4 weeks in assuming. I use Peat moss with coco and peralite. What are you phing nutes at? What's your tap water ph? What's your run off?

Some of the leaves are wet because I had just watered around the plant. I haven't had any runoff yet as they are still kind of young and haven't gotten a full gallon of water yet. But the nutes that I am feeding, the Big Bloom from Fox Farms, I'm pH in My water to 6.3. Like I said I just gave her Big Bloom yesterday because she started showing signs of deficiency. They've been perfect with just pH water up until then. Also the third plant that I have in that same tent looks beautiful! So I'm not sure...

Lmao..... ocean forest should have nutes in it for good 3-4 weeks in assuming. I use Peat moss with coco and peralite. What are you phing nutes at? What's your tap water ph? What's your run off?
Please help she is getting worse! The second one doesn't look too too bad. What the hell did I do wrong?! I am having such bad luck lately...

Attachments

• 20190331_111126.jpg
    20190331_111126.jpg
    974.7 KB · Views: 155
  • 20190331_111122.jpg
    20190331_111122.jpg
    920 KB · Views: 133
Try not to get any water on the leaves. The droplet sits on the leaf and acts as a magnifying glass for the light and will leave burn spots.

What distance is your light. You might be burning them. Everything else being the same I would raise the light a bit and see if it stops. I also thought CM deficiency but FFOF should have enough of what they need for a good while.

EDIT: I just took another look at the pictures. It looks like the new growth is affected but the lower fans look pretty good?

Try not to get any water on the leaves. The droplet sits on the leaf and acts as a magnifying glass for the light and will leave burn spots.

What distance is your light. You might be burning them.

EDIT: I just took another look at the pictures. It looks like the new growth is affected but the lower fans look pretty good?
Yes... you've got my attention...

If they are three weeks old did you recently up pot to the 3 gal containers? If so, were the plants started in the same soil and how old were they when you potted up.

Still say to raise the lights a bit until all else is figured out.

Also, what is the temp and RH in your grow space?

Yes... you've got my attention...
My 1200 watt LED phlizon is roughly 13 in above the plants. But, like I said, the one looks beautiful and not burnt at all. I checked Amazon's description page and the company says to have the lights between 10 and 50 in, depending on stage of life. That doesn't make it very easy on me. But like I said I thought I found the sweet spot with the light. I just don't know what's happening to this one specific plant and it's starting to affect one of the others.

Attachments

• 20190331_115651.jpg
    20190331_115651.jpg
    747.1 KB · Views: 145
  • 20190331_111126.jpg
    20190331_111126.jpg
    974.7 KB · Views: 125
The lights are probably what’s causing that he is correct. I just skimmed over this because i noticed something. When you water, are you watering the entire surface of soil? Or just around the plant?

It’s important to water the entire plant to ensure all of the roots are being fed. Also you will want to have some runoff of water when watering to ensure the entire root system gets fed. It can also lead to lockout situations.

I apologize if you already knew this, just caught my attention and thought I would chime in. :passitleft:

If they are three weeks old did you recently up pot to the 3 gal containers? If so, were the plants started in the same soil and how old were they when you potted up.

Still say to raise the lights a bit until all else is figured out.

Also, what is the temp and RH in your grow space?
Temp is about 72 degrees Fahrenheit and humidity is at 50%. And they started in the same pot, same soil. And thank you so much for taking time out of your day to help me out! I appreciate this more than you know!

The lights are probably what’s causing that he is correct. I just skimmed over this because i noticed something. When you water, are you watering the entire surface of soil? Or just around the plant?

It’s important to water the entire plant to ensure all of the roots are being fed. Also you will want to have some runoff of water when watering to ensure the entire root system gets fed. It can also lead to lockout situations.

I apologize if you already knew this, just caught my attention and thought I would chime in. :passitleft:
I've just been watering around the plant. So if I give her a nice good watering, should I add anything to the water? I've got some boomerang

Finally...and I will be quiet...try ph'ing at 6.5. At your current ph the plant isn't able to utilize all the calcium and magnesium available.
I have Boomerang. Should I head that or any cal-mag or anything? Or just pH water? And you do not have to be quiet I appreciate you helping me more than you know!

Pretty sure your lights are too close. Raise them up to 16-19 inches from the top of the plant. You had another run using Mars 300's correct?

I would...
1. Raise the lights to somewhere around 18 inches.
2. PH to 6.5 exact (always go for the sure thing)
3. Add silica 2ml per gallon. It will help the plant deal better with various stressors...including heat. Check it out, its a cool tool to have.
4. CM- OF at this stage should have plenty so I don't think that's the issue but...if you choose to add, I would not recommend adding any more than 2ml a gallon.

Back
Top Bottom