Please Help This Big Bang Auto!

RookieJuana

I have 2 and they both look the same. They are 5 weeks old big bang autos. They are under 1800 watt LED lights. Fox Farms ocean forest soil mix with perlite. Temperature 77 humidity 50%. They were in one and a half gallon pots (FF trio nutes) and begin looking rootbound so I just repotted them and the 5-gallon cloth pots and used a little boomerang in with my water. It's been a few days since I transplanted them and immediately they begin to flower and at first they look like they were doing better and now they look like this. What is going on? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• 20190510_173210.jpg
    20190510_173210.jpg
    875.2 KB · Views: 164
  • 20190510_173202.jpg
    20190510_173202.jpg
    786.1 KB · Views: 173
Several issues...

First, they are autoflowers so transplanting autos isnt a good idea since they have such a short predetermined lifespan shocking them with a transplant can be detrimental to the final result. With auto's, start them straight in the big pots.
Next, your plants have Nitrogen Toxicity bad. FFOF soil has a bunch of nutrition in it and when you just transplanted you gave them a fresh supply of nutritional soil. The soil by itself has everything needed so for at least 4-6 weeks any nutrients you add are too many and so its overfed.

I hate to tell you this but in flower is the worst time for a plant to have too much nitrogen....it always results in killing yields. Too much nitrogen slows bud development to a crawl or even halt.

No more food, flush with a bunch (around 5 gallons) of water each plant and let them dry out after that. Get that extra N from your trip flushed out of the soil.

Thank you fanleaf, I was just about to say to get another opinion and saw your reply.
No problemo. Glad to have something to offer. I honestly hate having bad news to tell someone but N toxicity really hurts in flower. In veg, we can deal with it and let the plants eventually get better before flipping to flower. With autos, they flower no matter the light cycle so we cant fix everything beforehand. I love autos but that is one of the downfalls.

Yeah im a hydro monkey so can't help but fanleafs right, don't wanna be transplanting autos at this stage of the game. If your gonna up pot them it's best done in the first 2 weeks.
Don't want the plant trying to throw down a new root system and adjust to new surroundings while it's supposed to be putting all its energy into making buds.
Might turn out fine. Might not. It's a coin toss really. Depends a lot on wether or not you damaged the roots during transplant.

How are the Autos looking today @RookieJuana. I hope you get things figured out with them and I apologize if I may have led you astray before you logged off for a while.
Oh no worries, no apology necessary! Thank you for your response! They look the same unfortunately. I haven't had a chance to do a flush yet. Hopefully this weekend I will. :passitleft:

Several issues...

First, they are autoflowers so transplanting autos isnt a good idea since they have such a short predetermined lifespan shocking them with a transplant can be detrimental to the final result. With auto's, start them straight in the big pots.
Next, your plants have Nitrogen Toxicity bad. FFOF soil has a bunch of nutrition in it and when you just transplanted you gave them a fresh supply of nutritional soil. The soil by itself has everything needed so for at least 4-6 weeks any nutrients you add are too many and so its overfed.

I hate to tell you this but in flower is the worst time for a plant to have too much nitrogen....it always results in killing yields. Too much nitrogen slows bud development to a crawl or even halt.

No more food, flush with a bunch (around 5 gallons) of water each plant and let them dry out after that. Get that extra N from your trip flushed out of the soil.
Fanleaf, thanks so so SO MUCH!! I appreciated this more than you know! I took your advice and flushed both girls today with 5 gallons each of fresh, plain water. Now I'll wait? Is there anything I can buy that will help them recover? Or do I just leave them alone and wait? Again, thank you so much!
:passitleft::green_heart::Namaste::thanks:

Attachments

• 20190512_124415.jpg
    20190512_124415.jpg
    765.1 KB · Views: 129
Fanleaf, thanks so so SO MUCH!! I appreciated this more than you know! I took your advice and flushed both girls today with 5 gallons each of fresh, plain water. Now I'll wait? Is there anything I can buy that will help them recover? Or do I just leave them alone and wait? Again, thank you so much!
:passitleft::green_heart::Namaste::thanks:
Now just wait, over the next few days they will dry out some and should start to lift up the leafs again. As long as it was a good flush then most of the excess N should be gone and now it just takes time for the plant to work itself out.

I have 2 and they both look the same. They are 5 weeks old big bang autos. They are under 1800 watt LED lights. Fox Farms ocean forest soil mix with perlite. Temperature 77 humidity 50%. They were in one and a half gallon pots (FF trio nutes) and begin looking rootbound so I just repotted them and the 5-gallon cloth pots and used a little boomerang in with my water. It's been a few days since I transplanted them and immediately they begin to flower and at first they look like they were doing better and now they look like this. What is going on? Any help is greatly appreciated!
Definitely root bounding issues shouldd work itself out but DO NOT UP POT AUTOS FOR THIS REASON. PUT THEM IN THEIR HOME AND WALK AWAY

Now just wait, over the next few days they will dry out some and should start to lift up the leafs again. As long as it was a good flush then most of the excess N should be gone and now it just takes time for the plant to work itself out.
Another huge thanks! I don't know how but they are perking up already!

Attachments

• 20190512_195531.jpg
    20190512_195531.jpg
    750.4 KB · Views: 134
Another huge thanks! I don't know how but they are perking up already!
They sure are aren't they? They clearly like the change you made for them. Just don't give them much of anything with Nitrogen in it until the deep dark green they are showing fades away some.

5 hours from droopy to perky- that was fast....Good job @fanleaf & @RookieJuana :bravo:
Yes, quick reaction from the plant on this one. That may be a great sign that not much root damage was done. I think as long as Nitrogen is watched closely it should take be just fine. Pretty neat how we can communicate with the plants.

Back
Top Bottom