Pollenating clones

Has anyone ever taken a cutting that was already in flower, rooted it , pollenated it , veg it & gotten seeds

I'm attempting something like that. I've got a plant started from seed 2 1/2 years ago, that has been cloned many times (I don't have the original plant anymore - just clones of it).

I took a couple of clones at the same time I had my last harvest last November. The cuttings were taken from lower branches with smaller buds. It took a little while, but the darned things started growing - a little wonky at first, but now they're both normal-looking except for the base of the plant where you can still see bud-type growth (see photo).

My plan is to use colloidal silver to reverse the sex of one of them and use the pollen on the other. The plant I'm trying to reverse has been in flower for a few weeks and may be male - I'm not totally sure yet (see photo). The other plant is in veg and growing vigorously in another tent.

Attachments

• IMG_0222.JPG
    IMG_0222.JPG
    436.4 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_0484.JPG
    IMG_0484.JPG
    571.1 KB · Views: 41
I already have a rooted flowering clone( Jack Herer) & I pollenated it with a Blue berry.
Wondering if it will make seeds under 18/6 hour light. I know it will take a while to revert back to normal

Attachments

• IMG_1235.JPG
    IMG_1235.JPG
    541.2 KB · Views: 35
I did not veg them all. I allowed the seeds to mature and harvested the seeds. I kept one keeper for a mother.

When they reveg they grow from a bud site.

The bud kind of stretches out, pulling all the calyxes apart and elongating the stem. That's why you see people call it "monster cropping" the bud site turns into a whole bunch of branch nodes.

If it's seeded your veg would be a waste, the seeds would be mature long before you finished your actual flower cycle. Like Chris said it's about 6 weeks for seeds to develop. And they will only develop on a fertilized calyx so you can't pollinate a portion and expect all of them to produce seeds.

Has anyone ever taken a cutting that was already in flower, rooted it , pollenated it , veg it & gotten seeds

You could cut the flowering clone, reveg, then pollinate it in flower.

What is your end goal?

I'm kind of confused about the original question, but this thread is very interesting!

At what point was your plant pollinated Brewsterman? Was the original plant pollinated (then you took a cutting) or did you pollinate the clone?

I'm kind of confused about the original question, but this thread is very interesting!
At what point was your plant pollinated Brewsterman? Was the original plant pollinated (then you took a cutting) or did you pollinate the clone?

I was given a clipping that was already in flower, rooted it, then pollinated it because it still had white pistils
I did not veg them all. I allowed the seeds to mature and harvested the seeds. I kept one keeper for a mother.

When they reveg they grow from a bud site.

The bud kind of stretches out, pulling all the calyxes apart and elongating the stem. That's why you see people call it "monster cropping" the bud site turns into a whole bunch of branch nodes.

If it's seeded your veg would be a waste, the seeds would be mature long before you finished your actual flower cycle. Like Chris said it's about 6 weeks for seeds to develop. And they will only develop on a fertilized calyx so you can't pollinate a portion and expect all of them to produce seeds.

You could cut the flowering clone, reveg, then pollinate it in flower.

What is your end goal?
My end goal is to get a few seeds off the clone while it is reveging & not have it in my flower room
was there any seeds in the old bud on the plant pictured

I was given a clipping that was already in flower, rooted it, then pollinated it because it still had white pistils

My end goal is to get a few seeds off the clone while it is reveging & not have it in my flower room
was there any seeds in the old bud on the plant pictured
Yer better off keeping it under 12/12 if you want seeds

Unless it's an experiment...they by all means go for it

The big plant was not seeded no. The little plant had a half dozen seeds I pulled out of it before it got planted and moved.

I wouldnt bother with a veg. Keep the clone alive till the seeds are done and harvest them then. The husks will swell and slightly open when they are fully cooked.

Yer better off keeping it under 12/12 if you want seeds

Unless it's an experiment...they by all means go for it

I'll experiment guess what I was asking is >You need 12/12 to start the flowering process do you need 12/12 for the plant to develop seeds, As most all plants end goal is to produce seeds
guess I'll find out

Yes, you do

The flower growing is maturing the seeds

Now, maybe a pollinated bud can still gestate a seed as it reveges

I'll be interested in the results my friend

Chris says yes my seeds say they don't care.

The plants were pollinated and held under low intesity 24hr lighting. They finished the seeds before they started any new growth. Will be interesting to see what you end up with.

The plants were pollinated and held under low intesity 24hr lighting. They finished the seeds before they started any new growth. Will be interesting to see what you end up with.
Interesting indeed bud

Cool cool cool

May have to test this when I do my GDP babies with STS

Interesting indeed

It seems to me that you'd have to keep it in 12/12 for the flower to develop (and grow seeds). If it is under a 18/6 schedule, the plant would be focusing on growing - not developing flowers (seeds).

If you're not ready to put it into flower cycle, and you still have some pollen left, perhaps you could veg it for a little while, then put it in 12/12, pollinate it again and let her finish this time in order to grow buds and seeds?

I've only been growing for 2 1/2 years and by no means an expert. Just some thoughts on what I've learned so far.

Back
Top Bottom