Possible phosphorous deficiency advice needed

Your pH should be 5.5 to 5.8. Where is yours at? keep giving nutes and calmag. You can save this.

Ph is around 6-6.5 at the moment, only from recommendation, would you say that's too high? How often shall I give her cal mag? Bottle says 1ml per L so in my 16L res do I do a full dose of 16ml... and how often... just when I do res change... add to it daily... same with nutes are there any rough guidelines to follow without being able to read my plants? , again I appreciate the help with my first grow, there just seems to be so much to it I'm trying to get as much reliable info as possible to find my perfect recipe.

Ph is around 6-6.5 at the moment, only from recommendation, would you say that's too high? How often shall I give her cal mag? Bottle says 1ml per L so in my 16L res do I do a full dose of 16ml... and how often... just when I do res change... add to it daily... same with nutes are there any rough guidelines to follow without being able to read my plants? , again I appreciate the help with my first grow, there just seems to be so much to it I'm trying to get as much reliable info as possible to find my perfect recipe.
The recommendation was wrong... they assumed you were running soil. Your symptoms are perfectly explained by the pH that you have adjusted to. You run a hydro system, so you should be operating in the hydro range of 5.5 to 6.1. Most people adjust in the middle, to 5.8, but that can vary a little bit depending on the type of hydro system they are running. I would add the calmag at the same time you add the other nutes and they should be given at the recommended levels for that age of plant.

The recommendation was wrong... they assumed you were running soil. Your symptoms are perfectly explained by the pH that you have adjusted to. You run a hydro system, so you should be operating in the hydro range of 5.5 to 6.1. Most people adjust in the middle, to 5.8, but that can vary a little bit depending on the type of hydro system they are running. I would add the calmag at the same time you add the other nutes and they should be given at the recommended levels for that age of plant.
I run my dwc at 7 never had any PH issues ever.

Have fun with that 7.0 pH, but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone else, that's just wrong and contradictory to every stitch of data available on the subject

Just saying

Have fun with that 7.0 pH, but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone else, that's just wrong and contradictory to every stitch of data available on the subject

Just saying
5.-6.0 is too acidic but to each their own I suppose. ill stick to the neutral ph of 7.0 I will admit it's a controversial topic and most grows do stick to the 5.5-6.5 scale... I prefer 7.0 it has never gone wrong for me

She's perked right up guys, I've taken into account every shred of input and info each of you have shared and it's saved her. A few minor adjustments here and there with cal mag, PH, nutes and res temps and it seems to have worked wonders.
2 pictures they're 3 days apart when she was at her worst and one from today.

Let me know what you think and again thank you all for the much needed help it's all come handy not only for this project but future ones too.

Attachments

• 20190122_225310.jpg
    20190122_225310.jpg
    868.5 KB · Views: 51
  • 20190125_150714.jpg
    20190125_150714.jpg
    810.5 KB · Views: 59
so what did you change ph too , I run at 5.8 constantly and what is your bucket temp kept at now ? I am thinking of doing a dwc grow , I have been a coco grower and might try 1 plant out in a dwc just for shits and giggles .

so what did you change ph too , I run at 5.8 constantly and what is your bucket temp kept at now ? I am thinking of doing a dwc grow , I have been a coco grower and might try 1 plant out in a dwc just for shits and giggles .
I recently changed from 7 to 6 not noticing a big difference yet but new growth seems greener so the more acidic waters may help keep the calcium in calmag in solution who knows ill keep this thread posted on it though

Back
Top Bottom