Pot Growing Operation Found After Traffic Stop

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
CINCINNATI -- A traffic stop in Madisonville led deputies to a suspect's home where an elaborate marijuana growing operation was found.

Arizona Gulleman, 19, of Anderson Township was arrested by a Sheriff's deputy around 9:30 p.m. Sunday night at the intersection of Kenwood Road and Madison Road.

He was pulled over for a traffic violation, but deputies say marijuana could be smelled.

Deputies then responded to his home on Hunley Road, where Gulleman's sister allegedly told them there was "weed" growing in the basement.

Authorities say they found grow lights, chemicals, a table, marijuana and charts on how to to grow the plant.

Gulleman is charged with possession of drug paraphernalia, two counts of drug abuse and later a misdemeanor cultivation of marijuana charge as he sat behind bars at the Justice Center.

NewsHawk: User: 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: wcpo.com
Author: Lance Barry
Copyright: 2010 The E.W. Scripps Co.
Website: Pot Growing Operation Found After Traffic Stop - Cincinnati breaking news, weather radar, traffic from 9News | Channel 9 WCPO.com

Something is clearly missing here.

How does a traffic stop and the smell of cannabis lead police back to a private residence in the interest of search and seizure?

Don't you know, pigs have an amazing sense of smell!

A table? they found a table? I am guessing the table was in the grow room (basement) making it drug paraphernalia as well, I wonder how much time will be added to his sentence for the table.:thumb:

I agree with Greenthumb and RooRman.

The sister should of kept her yapper shut when they got there and played dumb.
Also like RooRman said, why would just the smell of cannabis in the car lead to a search of the house? They would of had to of found an amount of weed in the car..?

...Also like RooRman said, why would just the smell of cannabis in the car lead to a search of the house? They would of had to of found an amount of weed in the car..?

Even if the officers were to have found cannabis in his possession in the car, that still does not meet the standards required to obtain a search warrant for a private residence.

The article makes no mention of anything illegal found in his car, no mention of any search warrant being issued, and no plants having been seized from the residence. All we have is a "smell" and a bunch of indoor gardening equipment.

Now of course, once the sister opens her big mouth, the admission of guilt is enough to search the property even without a valid warrant. Even though the items found are not illegal, her statement may be enough to form the basis of a criminal case by demonstrating his intent to use those gardening supplies in an illegal manner. :peace:

is there even a legal requirement to open your door if you see police outside? if i see them outside and they have no way of knowing if i'm home, they have no warrent i know of, its appears to be a knock and talk, why should i respond? i'm also disabled so perhaps i'm unable to get to the door at that time.

I AM THE SISTER.
and i am not no snitch first of all yu don kno the story so shut the f up wit all that
MY brother did not do this MY DAD did and he blamed it on my brother so he wouldnt get in trouble.
Im mad as hell an f all yal who call me a snitch yal dunno how it went down

my brother is innocent.
my dads a lil punk bioch

I see allegations here, But no apologies..Is this how we really are? I know theres no way we could have known ALL the facts, But when confronted with the truth..We remain silent..sad :roorrip:

I see allegations here, But no apologies..Is this how we really are? I know theres no way we could have known ALL the facts, But when confronted with the truth..We remain silent..sad :roorrip:

Anyone could say they are somebody that they are not. What's the odds that the poster is really the sister?

Anyone could say they are somebody that they are not. What's the odds that the poster is really the sister?

True too, But what are the odds that she is'nt? All i'm saying is maybe we should hold off on condemning someone without proof..Has'nt our court system done enough of that to us? :roorrip:

I AM THE SISTER.
and i am not no snitch first of all yu don kno the story so shut the f up wit all that
MY brother did not do this MY DAD did and he blamed it on my brother so he wouldnt get in trouble.
Im mad as hell an f all yal who call me a snitch yal dunno how it went down

my brother is innocent.
my dads a lil punk bioch

sorry if I touch a nerve BUT, how do we know your not the snitch? if you are really the sister of the person charged maybe instead of joining this great website and making your first 2 posts a discredit to yourself you could make sure the truth comes out, if what you say is the truth, your accusing your father on this website is no different than someone accusing you of being the snitch. :peace:

It's unfortunate with the information so readly available we can't be shure what is true.

Gulleman is charged with possession of drug paraphernalia, two counts of drug abuse and later a misdemeanor cultivation of marijuana charge as he sat behind bars at the Justice Center.

hmmm, i would think an elaborate op would be a felony charge.

According to NORML's web page that lists cannabis laws for the state of Ohio, both the crimes of the possession of and the cultivation of cannabis of less than 100 grams is a minor misdemeanor - the penalties for either crime are a $100 fine (plus the inevitable court costs, which would be more then the fine). A minor misdemeanor does NOT create a criminal record in OH but is instead a simple ticketable offense - like getting ticketed for speeding.

Ironically, a charge of paraphernalia possession in the state of Ohio, while also a misdemeanor (I do not know if it is rated as a "minor" one but I suspect not) carries a possible penalty of up to 30 days in jail and a $750 fine.

Yep, that's right - you can be with someone when they have 100 grams of cannabis in their pocket and you only have a (used) bowl in yours and their fine will likely be much less than yours and they won't face the possibility of jail time.

I am told that that's why many in that state carry no bowl but only rolling papers and that they keep those in a package of tobacco - just in case.

Of course it's always possible that the prosecutor would choose to charge the person discussed in the article with "drugged driving." And I read on the NORML page that "any drug conviction causes driver's license suspension for six months to five years." So it would appear to be in everyone's interest to fight even the $100 fine offenses there.

I cannot say whether or not it is the custom in Ohio to assign a "potential value" to each cannabis plant based on what it might one day grow to and the amount it could bring at harvest time. If so, I would hope that any people charged with cultivation would bring in expert witnesses - due to the fact that many states have legalized for medical use there ought to be plenty expert cultivators around - to dispute (and in so doing perhaps manage to educate someone in some small way) such crap.

and when we see stories about those who snitch, and especially those that would snitch on their own, we tend to shoot from the hip.

Actually, I would hazard a guess that many here would try to find a surer amount of "evidence" than a news account from a commercial television station as there is quite a bit of editorial-license involved in most every news show on the planet.

Also, in many locales they don't "shoot from the hip" at proven snitches, but instead take careful aim before firing.

Little early for April Fools... Don't you think Ellimay... If that was the truth... why did the police report not mention it. I would have reason to believe, that you would have said something by now to police on this fact... If I was going by the article I would have to say their is more than meets the eye. Traffic stop, no age of sister mention, What was found in the the car to lead police to the residents. A elaborate growing operation. But no mention of back breaking police work ? We know how LEO likes to boast... Just does not sound right. Their should be a link between the traffic stop and the arrest. If Dad was involved why was he not question or mention ? just a strange story with a lot of holes. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom