Potgoblin's 2nd Grow Attempt 125w CFL Dutch Passion Auto Blueberry Soil Grow

potgoblin

Right then, if you were subbed to my last thread then you will know that i tried to grow an auto blue mystic girl from nirvana and really screwed her up, shes still alive (just) but if i'm honest iv given up on her and don't expect her to survive, shes on day 41 and looking terrible.

so this is my second attempt and as i have a day off today i thought new plant, new thread :) There's a fair few mistakes i made with the auto blue mystic that i wont be making with my little blueberry girl and at the moment shes doing very well with no issues :) (knock on wood) so here goes...

Strain - Dutch passion's Feminized auto blueberry

Indica/sativa - indica dominant (i think)

In veg or flower - veg (seedling) 7 days old today (says 10 weeks from seed to harvest on the website i got her from)

Indoor/outdoor - indoor stealth bedside cabinet 61cm H 35cm W 40cm D

soil/hydro - soil grow, general multi-purpose suitable for cuttings and seedlings, contains enough nutrients for 4 weeks of growth, not suitable for lime hating plants

Pot size - 5L

Light - 125w duel red/blue spectrum cfl

It is air cooled i have 1 40mm computer intake fan, 1 80mm computer exhaust fan and one 80mm computer fan to keep the bulb nice and cool

Temps - range from 82f at its highest when soil is dry and bulb is on, falls to about 66f/68f at the lowest at night when soil is wet

RH of Room/cab - not sure

PH of media or res? - not sure

Any Pests - none i'v seen

How often are you watering? - only once the soil is nice and dry to let the roots breath

Type and strength of ferts used? - I will be using Canna pk 13/14 once she starts budding

Iv lined the inside of the box with white reflective material, built a home made ONA exhaust for smell and have a black table cloth to help keep it lightproof

shes maybe 4/5 inches from the light at the moment and following the great advice i got on my last try from all you people here at :420: i'm just going to let her do her thing and only low stress train if its needed :D

Ok specs over, shes 7 days old today and looking healthy, sprouting her second set of true leaves and everything's a nice dark green, shes maybe an inch in height and looking good :) pics to be uploaded in the next few days.

:peacetwo:to all you stoners here at :420:, stay tuned and wish me luck!

i haven't scrapped her shes in her own pot next to the blueberry now :) not holding my breath but you never know :)

she definitely doesn't take up to much room..lol :peace:...but I'll see what you do to this little girl..will you make her a star ?? :passitleft:

haha that's for damn sure, shes sort of a test plant now, her new growth isn't showing any burning at all and shes responded well to the FIM just under a week ago, just going see if anything happens with her, hopefully the fresh soil and her own pot will help but its the blueberry i'm excited about :)

will keep you all updated and get some pics up asap!

Day 13 for the blueberry and day 48 for the blue mystic and to be honest i'm getting rather pissed off :( i just can't seem to get it right! i'v done nothing to the auto blueberry at all except water her and when she was 7 days old she was put into her own pot with fresh multi-purpose soil. now it says on the bag it has nutrients in it already so i'm going to have to put this yellowing down to that because shes had nothing but rain water from me, my question is will she eventually even out on her own or do i need to take action?, shes still growing really well by the looks of things i'm just wondering if i leave her to it will she just get used to the soil and use those nutrients up without getting burned as she gets bigger? here's some pics

Auto blueberry day 13
IMG01301-20120402-0944.jpg
IMG01300-20120402-0943.jpg

auto blue mystic day 48
IMG01315-20120402-0948.jpg
IMG01312-20120402-0948.jpg

getting pretty disheartened now guys as if this plant dies i'm going to have to order more seeds which sucks! all help welcomed please :(

yes I think ya got nute burn , she should pull out of it , just dont give her nuttin but water for now ..don't get discouraged :goodluck:

That soil must have some stout nutes in it. I've done seedlings in Miracle Grow for years and I've never once had one burn on me.

hey everyone cheers for the input :) the soil is just some cheap multi-purpose from B&Q but not miracle grow, i'm guessing it's a similar quality though :(, says it comes ready with 4 weeks of nutes in it, i'm hoping if i leave her in this soil as she gets bigger the burning will stop and she'l be able to start using up those nutes.
at the moment it seems like its stopped as the soil dried out but i'v just given her a drink so will see if it has gotten any worse in the morning, iv put her about 2 inches away from the bulb to try and speed up her growth a bit to.
going to keep giving her nothing but rain water until she starts flowering and then in 4 to 6 weeks when ever shes ready she'l be having canna pk 13/14 starting with a 1/4 dose. I was really hoping to name this plant but right now i don't dare as i don't know whats going to happen, maybe if she makes it to a bigger size, hope i don't fuck this plant up to then that's 2 in a row :(

I think you skould be ok. Once it gets just a littlle larger it ought to take the nutes fine. I don't know how similar DP's auto blueberry is to their regular blureberry, but if its close you'll enjoy the colors.

i hope so :), she doesn't look like shes gotten any worse since last night which is good news, and the description they gave when i bought the seeds said that most plants will show the purple/blue colours which i'm really excited about as we never ever get cool weed like that over here :p

as for a name, i'm not sure what to call her will have to think about that one

Day 15 And i'm taking the good with the bad really, after 50 days of life the auto blue mystic has finally given up the ghost R.I.P but i think we all saw that coming, shes still got a little green left on her but shes way past recovering now i'd say.

As for the blueberry there good news and bad news, first the bad news, since the last pictures on day 13 the burn has gotten slightly worse and her leaves have began to curl upwards, she doesn't need a drink at the moment but we have had some cold weather over the last few days and the temps have fallen to the mid 60's even with the light on so i'l bet its even colder for the four hours of darkness she gets. The good news is since her being raised to the light her 3rd set of leaves are growing very quick and her 4th set are just popping out, there's some slight burn on the very tips of the 3rd set but i'm just hoping the growth rate stays ahead of the burn rate then i think she should be ok, tell me what you think guys here's some pics...

The auto blue mystic
IMG01333-20120404-1118.jpg
IMG01332-20120404-1118.jpg

The auto blueberry
IMG01318-20120404-1111.jpg

You can see the leaves curling
IMG01327-20120404-1117.jpg

and here's the new growth
IMG01337-20120404-1121.jpg

and this is the burn on the first set of leaves
IMG01357-20120404-1126.jpg
IMG01352-20120404-1124.jpg

and the second set
IMG01342-20120404-1122.jpg
IMG01345-20120404-1123.jpg

Ok so its Day 16 for the auto blueberry and i checked on her this morning and the burn is just getting worse so i had to make i call, do i leave her in this soil which is burning the crap out of her and hope she pulls through or do i re-pot her in something else, i opted for the latter, hopefully for the best, so here's what i did, i scooped her out of the soil with a spoon and held her over a washing up bowl, i used rainwater to wash off as much of the bad soil away from her roots as i could then filled her pot with fresh soil (again just some cheap multi-purpose but this stuff has NO nutes what so ever, made a hole in the soil and popped her in then back filled the soil up to where it was on her before then gave her a good soaking through, hopefully i'v done the right thing and i can just leave her alone now, wish her luck guys and gals peace.
IMG01366-20120405-0823_1_.jpg
IMG01369-20120405-0823.jpg
IMG01370-20120405-0831.jpg
IMG01375-20120405-0832.jpg

hey kushwestcoast cheers for stopping by :) i thought it best as i already lost my first plant the auto blue mystic and this blueberry was heading the same way, the soil sounds very similar to the miracle grow stuff as it says on the bag it retains moisture and has nutes in it already for 4 weeks, the soil i put her in now has a lot less clay in it for a start you can tell just by looking and the way water drains through and it has no nutes at all so hopefully shel bounce back, i think i caught her before it got too bad :), this is still all very new to me but i know one thing for sure is that after this plant i wont be skimping out on the soil or the ferts im going to buy some quality soil and some good veg and flower nutes to :)

Back
Top Bottom