Preflowering: Are These Girls?

Ravenplume

Alright, finally got what I hope are good pics of a couple fresh preflowers on Wonder Dog and Marvin.

From what is visible in these pictures, can anyone tell if these two are actually female?

Here is Wonder Dog:

RPR-PF-Wonderdog.jpg

And here is Marvin

RPR-PF-Marvin.jpg

No time to get in there right now for better pics. Later on though, I will also get some shots of Wendy, Bess, and Tinkerbell.

Try not just to take any old pics. It's like trying to read the number on a letterbox of a house when the picture has been taken some distance away from the house, you can't see the detail clear enough to read it. To try and determine whether it's male or female before pistils or balls have appeared it is far easier if you take some close up pics of the nodes where the little gender structures are. Nice healthy looking plants by the way. :thumb:

I looked pretty hard and this was the best one I saw. Looks female to me but hey.... I'm on my first grow! Lol. I added a picture of mine and it's deff a female.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200728-161014.png
    Screenshot_20200728-161014.png
    491.6 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20200722_191236277.jpg
    IMG_20200722_191236277.jpg
    724.3 KB · Views: 23
Try not just to take any old pics. It's like trying to read the number on a letterbox of a house when the picture has been taken some distance away from the house, you can't see the detail clear enough to read it. To try and determine whether it's male or female before pistils or balls have appeared it is far easier if you take some close up pics of the nodes where the little gender structures are. Nice healthy looking plants by the way. :thumb:

That was a close up. Truth is, I have not found a single camera that can take proper close up shots, no matter how high a resolution the camera has, whether it is my phone (which these were taken with and looked perfectly clear when it was previewed, the actioncam, which is supposed to do 20MP still shots, or just a good old 10 or better MP normal digital camera.
If you know of a trick to get actual good close ups without having to spend hundreds on a professional camera, I'm all ears.

I'll try again in a little while after beer:30 out front.

Now if one does end up being male, that will be good too, just in case Runt's pollen sacs were harvested and stowed in the freezer too soon. Guess the tricky part will be digging him up and transplanting him this late in the grow.

That was a close up. Truth is, I have not found a single camera that can take proper close up shots, no matter how high a resolution the camera has, whether it is my phone (which these were taken with and looked perfectly clear when it was previewed, the actioncam, which is supposed to do 20MP still shots, or just a good old 10 or better MP normal digital camera.
If you know of a trick to get actual good close ups without having to spend hundreds on a professional camera, I'm all ears.
I think try to get much closer, even with a phone should be able to focus closer than that. Trying to get close and getting focus will be a lot better than trying to zoom in on a far taken picture. I'm sure you'll get better ones. Enjoy the beer first, good luck. :)

Alright, just recently re looked up the specs on my phone, J3 Luna Pro. Wow! Looks like the camera is only 5MP. You would think that for a fairly modern phone, they would have got it into the double digits by now. WTF Samsung?

Anyway, going to be trying the 10.1MP Fuji camera again (which is far older than my phone, yet has double the resolution. Go figure.

Also going to experiment with the actioncam again, with the view angle down to 70% and see how that works.

Back
Top Bottom