Probable pollination, I have a question?

radrichie61

What would you do? I have a 4 x 4 full of Biscotti Pippen full of lower maturing buds but the top kolas still have pure white pistils. Doesn’t matter, and I don’t know how, but I missed a male plant and I found some seeds in another plant in another 4 x 4 section of my tent. I visually saw the pollen socks burst and the spores go from one side of my 8 x 8 to the other where all that the Biscotti Pippen was growing and now I don’t know whether I should just go ahead and cut it where it’s at or sit and watch

Just asking the question makes me say I need to sit and watch so are there any tips to watch for possible pollination of my grow? What I have read says a lot of stuff, one of which is white pistil’s crumpling without any amber. It looks like that to me, but they always look like that eventually, just not without some color I would think. My first indoor grow, 2 outdoor so very limited knowledge.

I guess my question is if I saw Paulina go all over a group of plants I’m going to assume they’ve been pollinated so how long should I wait to harvest? Right away I’ll give it a couple weeks. That comment scares me.
CC0687B4-F1A6-48D8-A86D-E253050858A8.jpeg
7719ECA3-1CFE-4A04-9FA2-B6B33429D732.jpeg
CCA63131-E81B-4031-B52D-CBD2E7742210.jpeg
76C3335C-1089-4584-AC03-D348268DB161.jpeg
981F096D-577F-48CD-A369-D9895368E721.jpeg
CF2878CE-9108-4C0B-BE1D-3ECAAB246B49.jpeg
7C22AB33-1ADB-4143-A5DD-BAC79E8A4419.jpeg

. I visually saw the pollen socks burst and the spores go from one side of my 8 x 8 to the other where all that the Biscotti Pippen was growing and now I don’t know whether I should just go ahead and cut it where it’s at or sit and watch

Just asking the question makes me say I need to sit and watch so are there any tips to watch for possible pollination of my grow?
If you saw the pollen grains floating across your tent you can be confident you have pretty thorough pollination.

Pollen is killed by water so be sure to clean the tent after harvest to be sure you don't fertilize your next round. The seeds will need several weeks to mature enough to be viable but if the pollen came from a hermie plant, those seeds will likely carry that tendency and probably not worth the resources to grow them out.

There's no need to cut it until it's done, sit and watch. Yes, you will have a some seeds, but the smoke will be fine. Don't flip out over seeds, us old guys remember when EVERYTHING had seeds in it, still smoked fine, just a PITA to clean, remember the old shoebox top and credit card cleaning method????

Thank you! People who remember seeds!!!!!!! 😂 I feel like a foreigner at times.

I keep it going till plants done. Seeds or not.

I'm not a fan of killing plants that have been loved over a seed or herm.

I will clean tent, tools, and area thoroughly afterwards.

Here in a few weeks those buds will be ready, dank, and you will be blessed by the beaner gods. If anything just go to a back corner until you're ready, be sure to write strain info on the package so your don't forget.

There's no need to cut it until it's done, sit and watch. Yes, you will have a some seeds, but the smoke will be fine. Don't flip out over seeds, us old guys remember when EVERYTHING had seeds in it, still smoked fine, just a PITA to clean, remember the old shoebox top and credit card cleaning method????
No it was definitely a shoebox lid... Credit Card? Who had credit cards in the 70's? We used a pack of zig zags with our shoebox lid...

Back
Top Bottom