Purple Kush first grow

Sauve

4 plants
4x4 grow tent
soil

germinated seeds(feminized) went in Nov 25 should I be flipping them to 12/12 or give it a bit more is what I’m wondering?

any advice appreciated

Attachments

• DED974EB-016C-4378-9ACF-1EC6DE5C8BFE.jpeg
    DED974EB-016C-4378-9ACF-1EC6DE5C8BFE.jpeg
    218.3 KB · Views: 113
  • E7A1B872-1195-406E-9A41-3AE8F7E19BA6.jpeg
    E7A1B872-1195-406E-9A41-3AE8F7E19BA6.jpeg
    237.1 KB · Views: 101
  • 85A7E674-5FF8-4F32-AE91-7C63844F10EF.jpeg
    85A7E674-5FF8-4F32-AE91-7C63844F10EF.jpeg
    204.5 KB · Views: 89
:welcome::420:
what kind of lights do you have and how much power do they draw? You probably want to flower soon because from what I can see those lights don’t look strong enough to support then entire tent full to the brim with buds.

great job! Your plants look great!

The timing of the flip depends not only on your plants, but your setup. When you flip a photo period plant, indicas will double in size, and sativas triple or more. This is known as the stretch. They will continue grow at a slower rate until roughly the middle of the flowering period.

Measure your plant from the soil along the stem, and the longest branch to it's tip. This is what will double or triple during the stretch. Now measure from your soil, straight up to the same tip. For an indica, add 150% of the first measurement to the second, and for sativas, add three times the first measurement to the second. This is the height used when determining whether it's time to flip.

To determine what the maximum height your plant can safely be in your tent, raise your light as far as it can go. Measure from the soil to the light, then subtract the minimum distance your canopy must be in flower from the light. For LED panels this is usually 12" or 30 cm.

For argument's sake, let's use a 6' (180cm) tent. You have a filter above the light, and the soil level is 12" (30cm) above the tent floor. The highest you can get the LED panel of your light above the soil will probably be around 33" or 84cm. This is all the room you'll have for the foliage and colas to grow in.

For an indica, take the available height for the plant, and subtract the height of the tip above the soil. When the length from the ground to the tip along the stem and branch reaches 2/3 of the figure just calculated, your plant has reached its maximum pre-flip size.

For sativas, the procedure is the same, just the numbers differ.

This does not mean that you can't flip before you reach that height. There may be other considerations such as the number of plants in the tent that reduce the height you can let your plants grow. If you are growing a SCroG, you flip when the net is close to full.

This should get you started...

Good luck with your grow.

4 plants
4x4 grow tent
soil

germinated seeds(feminized) went in Nov 25 should I be flipping them to 12/12 or give it a bit more is what I’m wondering?

any advice appreciated

Hi @Sauve , great question and welcome to 420 magazine!

Four plants in a 4x4 tent works nice and the plants look healthy right now.

If you can take a picture of the plants and of some of the fan leaves in white light, we can verify they are healthy though.

As you flip into flower, the plants are going to require more light (think of light as food for hungry buds) than they do in veg.

With stronger lights, and better light coverage, we might let those plants fill up the width of the tent a bit more.

You may not need that netting for branch support - the plants look like they should be able to support the buds themselves.

With the netting in place, it will be difficult to move your plants if you need to flush the soil.

The plants are not too tall either, so you shouldn't have to lollypop them.

The canopy is flat which is great for LED growth too! Great job on that!

I think one more week:

Do any more topping you want to do now - lower the lights a bit - widen the canopy a bit more - and then you should be good to go.

Thank you both very much.

they are just 2 cheap 1000w LEDs I’m honestly not sure how much they draw

Each of the lights likely draw 300 Watts at the wall. The two of them will provide ample light for flowering in a 2x4 tent.

I did the same as you and many other people here :)

Then I got a Mars Hydro 2000L light that covers a 2x4 and now I grow nice full plants in a 4x4 with all 3 lights.

We grow with what we can - but if you are looking to get another grow light there are sponsors here who can set you up - I'm not trying to pressure sell - but the sponsors are good to us here so it's nice to chat them up when we can.

Let me see - I think @Budget LED can help. right?

Who's the Mars Hydro rep here guys?

Welcome to the forum. You came to the right place to learn and get help when it is needed. Plants look healthy!

Lighting is a very important component in your grow op. If you are ever in the market for a new set-up, give us a shot. You will not be disappointed.

4 plants
4x4 grow tent
soil

any advice appreciated

Hey bro,

I'm growing Purple Kush too sprouted November 3, so about 3 weeks before you.

You can check my grow journal in my signature below to compare. I flipped 12/12 Dec. 27 with one and am still currently vegging the other. This is also my first grow but so far I love growing this strain. Loves nutrients and training !

Where did you get your seeds ?

yours are definitely looking good bro. I just got my seeds from a local store near London, ON

Hey bro,

I'm growing Purple Kush too sprouted November 3, so about 3 weeks before you.

You can check my grow journal in my signature below to compare. I flipped 12/12 Dec. 27 with one and am still currently vegging the other. This is also my first grow but so far I love growing this strain. Loves nutrients and training !

Where did you get your seeds ?

I decided to flip to 12/12 today is the first day of 12 hours dark for the girls. All I’ve done to these is topped followed by my first attempt at super cropping last week. Also been doing a bit of lst with the trellis

Nice bro. Mine took about 8 days to really start showing some flowering

Welcome to 420magazine, I'm the rep from Mars Hydro Led, if you have any questions or help about led and tent, please feel free to contact me:welcome:

You can test the actual wattages of light with a multimeter. The draw wattage of a 1000w led listed on eBay or amazon might only 100 -200 watts.

Back
Top Bottom