Quantum T5 Badboy

Great grow, sorry about your bad luck. I am all into the idea of experimenting with new and different ideas. 420 is the place where all the folks ideas come together. I keep getting side tracked in my process of deciding which light to buy. Since the T5 VHO has little info it is tending to pull me that way although LabRat came up with a nice cheap bulb for a cheap 400 watt HPS setup, I think that I will save that one for later and go with a Solar Wind T5 VHO 8 tube just for sh*ts and giggles of trying something that I haven't seen tried. Heat and high humidity are going to be my problem because of my location in a Gulf Coast state. I am putting together a hermie system that I haven't seen before, kind of a cross between ebb & grow and Deep Water Culture. The system itself should help lower the temp of the growspace but will probably add to the humidity. I do have a few bucks to throw at the project and would like to buy the best stuff that I can. Any bad thoughts on the T5 VHO would be much ablidged. I am new to hydro but have outside dirt experience.

Any bad thoughts on the T5 VHO would be much obliged. I am new to hydro but have outside dirt experience.

No bad thoughts on the T5 VHO's. I have two of the 12 bulb units. I just started an AK 48 grow (week 3 of vegging) and will probably do a journal as soon as I get organized.

This journal is really making me envious! The plants are amazing. BendMMC has really got it down!

I assume he is from Bend, OR which has some really incredible growers.

I was wondering if the VHO will work in a T-5 HO set up?

Hey all, update for 2/1, Comment and post as you like.:slide::slide::slide:

IMG_04441.JPG

IMG_04423.JPG

IMG_04735.JPG

IMG_04725.JPG

IMG_04712.JPG

IMG_04672.JPG

IMG_04663.JPG

IMG_04625.JPG

IMG_04542.JPG

bendmmc@gmail.com
www.myspace.com/centraloregoncooperative

Email us if you have any question you'd rather not ask here. We support complete annonymity for everybody who wants it. Hope you enjoyed the photos more to come soon.

I was wondering if the VHO will work in a T-5 HO set up?
I would not recommend it. All electrical devices have a "UL listing" and should convey information pertaining to that device. I wouldnt know if your VH-O can run HO bulbs. I followed all the directions that came with my lights, my suggestion to you would be the same.
The only "tweek" you can do with my lights is that you can change the standard 120v cord with a 240v cord, because the ballasts in the light can handle up to 270v. Also you can configure your lighting banks, if you wanted to untangle all the wiring, ( I have not done that.)
In closing, I recommend 2 things. First, research more on it. Second, follow your directions for the best results. VHO lights are super powerful, so Im trying to understand the want for HO lights? I say fire off the VHO's and let her rip!

From what I have read the T5VHO is made for extreme temps, I think up to 170 degrees. It is a 95 watt tube so it can't be used in the T5HO.

from what i have read from another post in a grasscity forum the vho actualy put out less lumens than ho lamps and cant remember why but i love my quantum. and it will not yeild as much as hps but it is a quality system in combination with new sunleaves 4 (11,000 lumen ) bulbs should rival any system of its class. as bend has shown you this t5 is not like any other it is foldable and can easily bee adapted inside they already have the plugs wired for you . the difference between buying a ho n hps are in what i would look at vho seems to be a money pit . hps is tried n true and with the heat problem you will have its best to suite for that situation. flouro's are most powerfulll in the middle of the lamp so the ends wont put out as much light n buds mature slower than in the middle so get a hps if you are going to get it right . or go buy the vho n keep a journal so i can see.

I guess that answers my question, you can't put vho bulbs in a HO light fixture.

Hey looking good Bend, looks like we are just about at the same point. Great to see you riding it out all the way through with the T5's, very interested to see how they turn out. I broke down and added a 600w and flipped the T5 on its side for flower, just couldnt hold out..

Good luck man!

I bet that will be a sweet grow!

Back
Top Bottom