Question about different types of marijuana

Grebs

So I bought White Widow from crop King seeds a few years ago and had no problem growing them. The high was nice and everything but it was my first grow and have nothing to compare it to as far as growing. Now I have some more white widow and green crack growing together both from crop King seeds. The thing is I can't tell the difference between the two. They literally look and smell identical. This makes me wonder if either of these two plants or what they claim to be. When I get home maybe I'll post some pics of them. I'm not too worried as it was still pretty good weed. But I was going to buy another type from crop King but I'm afraid I'll wind up with the same thing I already have. I should mention that the WW seeds are about 2 years old and the green crack was bought new a couple months ago so I find it hard to believe they're all the same but who knows

Crap king does have issues, why they are no longer a sponsor

Similar strains, meaning sativa or indica, will tend to look similar

It's in flowering where the differences really show

So I wouldn't worry much yet, time will show the differences

Good luck

Yeah I agree on Seedsman.There are a few in the USA but Seedsman has a great variety and service. Both plants being hybrids will give them a similar look. Like Chris said they will start changing soon if they are going too. I am not a fan of Crop King so who knows what you got.

Also growing just one breeders genetics you don't get a good picture of what is out there. Best to have 2 or 3 that you can depend on. If you really want good seeds then you need to go to breeders instead of generic strains that seed banks carry. Most places don't make their own seeds and they know very little about what they are selling.

Here's some white widow from crop king
20181129_154209.jpg
20181129_154205.jpg
20181129_154200.jpg
20181129_153946.jpg
20181129_153939.jpg
20181129_153932.jpg

I also have grown both and found them to not only look different in the tent, but they cured out into completely different tasting products. I will suggest that the better you get at growing, the more you are going to be able to see, taste and feel the differences between varieties, but as you are learning, there are many things you can do in the garden that can can make a crop excellent or not so good. Many new gardeners get convinced that nutes are the be all and end all of this craft and continue force feeding their plants right up to the end, and the plants end up tasting distinctly of magnesium or the other nutes, masking their natural flavours. A gardener who does not adequately flush these things out at the end, ends up with all of his/her product tasting the same. I have had friends produce pot that tastes like hydroponics, or tastes like FoxFarms, and I am sure that you, like me, would like to do better than that with your product.
The other big place to lose the natural flavors in the pot is in the drying/curing process. This also must be perfected so as to bring out the best in the crop, and someone who doesn't properly cure will find that all of their product ends up tasting quite the same.
So this time you are 5 weeks into flower. The flowers of the two plants should be looking quite different by now, with color starting to appear in the pistils of the GC while the WW's pistils are going to remain mostly yellow, with a little bit of brown thrown in. As they mature, this difference should become apparent... the buds are a different colour. Later, near full maturity you will also see a difference in the trichomes, in shape, quantity and colour. WW will pile on the trichomes, covering even the sun leaves with a frosty covering, and the trichomes will go first cloudy and then almost white before turning amber. GC on the other hand will start to show some deeper colour in its trichomes at maturity, and they will go from cloudy directly to a very satisfying amber.
My advice is to wait till the last two weeks of the grow, and then stop giving them nutes, especially magnesium. If you are a chemical farmer, flush them and give them only water from then on and get all those chemicals out of the plants before harvest time. The extra effort is definitely worth it in taste and quality.

Back
Top Bottom