Question on seedling

Grebs

Ok so the germination has begun. 2 of the 4 seeds have tap roots coming along. I'll be putting them in happy frog soil. And tossing them in my 3x3 grow tent. Question is my light. I only have my grow light. It's a phantom 315 cmh. Any problems using this light at such a young age? I would have it all the way up. Tent is a 6 footer so it would be pretty far away. Is this ok to use? Any tips on distance and how to lower the light to proper distance? (As in how to aclimate the seedling to it)
My journal will start shortly.

Wonderful. I soaked the paper towels before work and stopped by the house as I was worried they would dry out. Glad I did. As suspected, the towels had pretty much dried out. THANK goodness I decided to check on them or it may have been too late. Roots still white. It was durring an 8 hour period. I assume it was dry for maybe an hour while i was gone At least the top towels was. I resoaked them and back to work. Putting them in soil when I get home. Good news is I seen a third seed decided to open up. I think I'm going to go ahead and plant all 4 even tho the 4th hasn't opened as of 2 hours ago anyways.
Not a big fan of the paper towel method now but did it because that's what the seller says to do in the site.

paper towel method done correctly cant be beaten for germination rates. Always use boiling water to wet paper towels to kill germs, wring out so its damp then place in a container with a lid or between 2 plates and place in a plastic bag. that way towels wont dry out and as long as they arent soaking wet healthy seeds will always germinate this way.

Back
Top Bottom