Question: re-watering before harvest

Not sure if this question is cleared up or not... LOL
Personally, I keep watering up to a few days before I cut, I also don't take the whole plant at once unless I have to, so I have to keep it healthy.
I have always been of the impression that you get the plant in to a zone and keep it there as long as you can. That means no starving, quick or otherwise... just my thought on it!

no nutes, just plain water before the 2 days of darkness. in fact i've heard no nutes for the last month of flowering, but with a good flush i think stopping nutes 2 weeks or so before harvest would probably be fine. After all you gotta make sure you don't starve them either. plus when its dark all the sugars and starches are in the roots. So it is a cleaner smoke if you harvest in the dark. I've read about that in a few mags (Weed world, high times, cannabis culture) and i think it was in jorge cervantes' grow bible, but i'm not positive on that.

It is in Jorge Cervantes' and Ed Rosenthal about the 2 days of darkness, but it is actually supposed to stop the photosynthesis process, getting rid of the last of the clorophyll, which is bitter and plant tasting like, if thats a word.

A quick starve does just that...quick starves the plant. In the days before harvest, the plant is actively producing resins and completing the flowering stage. By starving the plant you deprive it of moisture and nutrients that it requires to do this.
In my opinion, starving is an anecdotal practice that serves no useful process to the plant. The plant can only produce resins when it is "growing", and there is no last minute rush by the plant to do so.
This is wrong. Science shows better resin and trichomes with plants that have been starved. Research it. Not everything is how it sounds or how you think it should go, plants are complicated and I know that starving them increases resin. Ask Koma_The_Grower or join his Patreon. He is very well educated on every single aspect of growing any plant. This is who I learned the starvation trick from and he is a multi million dollar commercial grower who teaches growing for a living.

Back
Top Bottom