Quick question about chitosan

Anyways outdoors I only had a few pests there's a good natural balance pests vs predators. Birds work great for the larger pests. Grow some marigolds right along side your cannabis. All sorts of critters hate that plant including the moths that lay the eggs.

I had corn borers last year and they only messed with plants that were the farthest away from the marigolds. There are other plants that are good companion plants to help deter pests.
Good ol' Marigolds. For growers not used to them for outdoor use the scented types have to be planted. Since some people do not like the way the flower & leaf smell there are new varieties without an odor. Those do not repel as many insects.

Pick the fancy flowering Marigolds for urban gardens. People passing by will accept them as part of a colorful garden and might not notice the weed plant next to the. For guerrilla grows I think the best ones to chose will the older taller varieties with single petal flowers that will look like typical wildflowers.

Marigolds will help a lot in repelling or controlling insects. But, they do not repel mites so another plant/flower will have to be planted for those; maybe some Rosemary plants.

I feel your pain!!! I've had this stupid ass Robin that will spend weeks fighting with it's reflection in the windows - covering them with beak spit and shit!!! The sills are a damn mess!!!! I think I should put it out of it's demented misery before it has babies that may be as stupid as it is - I would be doing nature a blessing!!! But my wife is softer hearted. Putting out mirrors and covering the lower part of the window helps - but - the back of the house has 22 windows!!!!
Every year a robin tries to nest in the thornbush beside my front door. Bursts out at top speed with a racket every time we get too close.
Even worse, it sits outside my bedroom window singing. Every night. From about midnight till 6 or 7 am.
If I open the window, or go outside he splits until I'm gone, then starts up again immediately.

Good ol' Marigolds. For growers not used to them for outdoor use the scented types have to be planted. Since some people do not like the way the flower & leaf smell there are new varieties without an odor. Those do not repel as many insects.

Pick the fancy flowering Marigolds for urban gardens. People passing by will accept them as part of a colorful garden and might not notice the weed plant next to the. For guerrilla grows I think the best ones to chose will the older taller varieties with single petal flowers that will look like typical wildflowers.

Marigolds will help a lot in repelling or controlling insects. But, they do not repel mites so another plant/flower will have to be planted for those; maybe some Rosemary plants.
I just got a rosemary seedling, but I'm not sure what type. I'll have to ask my neighbour nest time I see her. There are some hardy varieties that can survive the winter here, but some still require protection. There's only one or two types that can survive the winter without any special care.

Hear ye, Hear ye ..... I gave some real shitty advice above regarding BT and BTi..... please disregard my screw ups... or feel free to send a correction right to the thread. I’ve been reading about a new systemic bio pesticide and got that really confused with watering in BTi or mosquito dunks which is most notably used to kill fungus gnats in soil and not intended to be used as a systemic control for butterflies, especially since there is n9 mechanism for that.

Yes sir I get it twisted sometimes and a special salute goes out to @SmokingWings - as always.... you rock!!!

I stopped counting the number of Rosemary plants I have, probably about 20. One of the creeping variety I took outside survived being left even when the temp dropped to 25 one night. I know that all the other ones will tolerate 30 or so.

I bring them all into the back room plus the geraniums as well as the Sage, Thyme and Oregeno. We can go there and cut some sprigs of whatever herb we will use for dinner whenever we want. The room has a door-wall to let in light, in late fall. Occasionally a space heater will be turned on if it is going to get down to 0F at night or not go above 20-25F during the day. If the soil dries out and the plant just starts to wilt it is time to water, so maybe every 10 to 15 days.

Around the last two weeks of February we will notice that the tips are starting to point at the window. A sure sign that they are waking up. By March they are all growing again and a real pain to keep up with the watering. Once they go outside, the middle of March this year, I can let the rains help me keep up with watering.

Hear ye, Hear ye ..... I gave some real shitty advice above regarding BT and BTi..... please disregard my screw ups... or feel free to send a correction right to the thread. I’ve been reading about a new systemic bio pesticide and got that really confused with watering in BTi or mosquito dunks which is most notably used to kill fungus gnats in soil and not intended to be used as a systemic control for butterflies, especially since there is n9 mechanism for that.

Yes sir I get it twisted sometimes and a special salute goes out to @SmokingWings - as always.... you rock!!!
Not to worry. I did the same sort of thing a couple of years ago. Had completely forgot about the difference between the two and was discussing using regular ol' BT (BTk) for treating someone's severe case of Fungus Gnats. Then one of the regulars here brought up that I was switching the two around.

The two types were part of some landscape & gardening class I had taken years ago for work and was one of the trick questions on the exam. Then I forgot which was which for that discussion. Ah, the joys of getting older. We just keep cramming stuff into our brain hoping that we will sort it out when the time comes.

I never got mites outside. I think the rain/wind and specially the sun beat them back pretty good. I've actually put plants outside with spider mites and they were gone after several weeks. Indoors different story.

Every year a robin tries to nest in the thornbush beside my front door. Bursts out at top speed with a racket every time we get too close.
Even worse, it sits outside my bedroom window singing. Every night. From about midnight till 6 or 7 am.
If I open the window, or go outside he splits until I'm gone, then starts up again immediately.
The challenge is real... today at 5:30am woke up my wife.. hey the woodpecker didn't come back. Sure enough about 8:30 bink bink bink... he looks around the corner to see if I'm there. Might hafta get up there on the roof and glue a CD or something to the hole he drilled in the siding ffs. See what he does with that.
I hope he goes crazy seeing his rainbow reflection in the CD .... wining. lol

I never got mites outside. I think the rain/wind and specially the sun beat them back pretty good. I've actually put plants outside with spider mites and they were gone after several weeks. Indoors different story.
Lots of predators for mites outdoors too. I have never had to deal with mites outside.
That is where the spiders come in. I don't panic when I see one on the outdoor plants. On the other hand, if it is bigger around than the diameter of the cartridge that goes in my 357 Mag then I go tell the wife "Come look what I found."

I really liked this little Green Guy. It hung around for several days and then went on it's way.

Mega Crop is organic. You can add extra. What other form did you get the chitosan in from the bro-store?

mega crop is not organic. it will not interfere with organics, but it is not organic itself. it is a veganic nute.

mega crop is not organic. it will not interfere with organics, but it is not organic itself. it is a veganic nute.
Whats the diff?

Veganics for me and a lot of the horticulture/agriculture world is something a few steps above organic. Plant based everything sourced on your own land.

I'm pretty sure Mega Crop could be certified organic if they wanted to spend 50K on the labeling.

Veganic Agriculture and the link:

Introduction to veganics - [Veganic Agriculture Network]

And the link FROM MegaCrop on their products:

FAQ

Whats the diff?

the processes to get them there differ

Veganics for me and a lot of the horticulture/agriculture world is something a few steps above organic. Plant based everything sourced on your own land.

that is not how MC uses the term. they invented, or repurposed, the term to relate to how they make the bulk of the micro nutes available to the plant

I'm pretty sure Mega Crop could be certified organic if they wanted to spend 50K on the labeling.

likely not. the majority of the macro nutes in MC are still a salt based system. Jack's is exactly the same.

been using MC exclusively for a while now. if you're clever you'll suss it out in my sig. :p

Just looked at the back of the bag of Mega Crop. It says "vegan" but not "veganic". That might be the source of the confusion here.

they co-opted the term. the confusion is deliberate.

Back
Top Bottom