Ready for harvesting?

roycri

Hi all dear growers,
I have grown a strain of Royal Queen, though I have troubles understanding if it's ready to harvest or not (just have a small magnifying glass), I'm posting the pictures below. Can you please help me and give me your advise? To me it looks ready to go for a speedy high but I can't really understand whether the trichomes are cloudy or not. Thanks a lot for helping me!

It definitely looks way past ready to me! But I've been asking the same question to no avail. You will just get told to buy a magnifyinf glass repeatedly (at least in my experience). But yes, I'd definitely say that's ready to harvest.

I'm only judging on the pistils, although some strains pistils die off before the trichomes turn amber. Others have white pistils and are ready to harvest. I have read majority brown pistils and some white is the best bet for determining when to pick without a magnifying glass. That is the method I'll be using this time around.

Unless you see the trics you are really just guessing. :peace:

As I said, everyone's just going to tell you to get a magnifier, over and over again. I've literally asked the same question, and explained that I didn't have a magnifying glass, and I was still told to go out and get a magnifying glass and look for a majority amber trichome population with some being opaque(cloudy).

But as I said, I'd say it's even past it's optimum point. As a guess without being able to see trichs.

As I said, everyone's just going to tell you to get a magnifier, over and over again. I've literally asked the same question, and explained that I didn't have a magnifying glass, and I was still told to go out and get a magnifying glass and look for a majority amber trichome population with some being opaque(cloudy).

But as I said, I'd say it's even past it's optimum point. As a guess without being able to see trichs.

I have had plants with all white pistols and 25% amber trics rest cloudy and I have had plants that damn near died without a single amber trichome. UNLESS YOU SEE THE TRICHOME, IT'S JUST A GUESS UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GROWING AND HAVE GROWN IT BEFORE. You should just spend the 10-15 dollars for a scope. All that damn work and you harvest at the wrong time. Now this question has been answered...

I have had plants with all white pistols and 25% amber trics rest cloudy and I have had plants that damn near died without a single amber trichome. UNLESS YOU SEE THE TRICHOME, IT'S JUST A GUESS UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GROWING AND HAVE GROWN IT BEFORE. You should just spend the 10-15 dollars for a scope. All that damn work and you harvest at the wrong time. Now this question has been answered...

But OP is literally asking you to have a guess, so have a guess? If it was your plant, and you didn't have a jewelers loupe, nor have access to one, would you pull it based on the pictures? I would say yes, although I COMPLETELY AGREE and UNDERSTAND that in order to get a really good reading, you must look at the trichomes.

Before I got a jewelers loop I used my Android phone. The resolution and close ups are incredible. Just zoom in and adjust the blur :)

But OP is literally asking you to have a guess, so have a guess? If it was your plant, and you didn't have a jewelers loupe, nor have access to one, would you pull it based on the pictures? I would say yes, although I COMPLETELY AGREE and UNDERSTAND that in order to get a really good reading, you must look at the trichomes.

the 'guess' is the seed banks estimated flowering time, as printed on the packet etc.

the fact you have people saying it's ready and others saying it needs another two weeks should surely underline the futility of your obsession with getting people to guess the impossible..

the 'guess' is the seed banks estimated flowering time, as printed on the packet etc.

the fact you have people saying it's ready and others saying it needs another two weeks should surely underline the futility of your obsession with getting people to guess the impossible..

Obsession? Haha! I understand what the OP is going through, and all they want is a guesstimate. It's not impossible at all, obviously it would be rough as but obviously if it was just blossoming with white pistils there would be no one saying that it's ready. I don't know where you got "obsession" from, but I've been in the same position and just had people telling me to get a jewelers loupe when I specifically said in the original thread that I didn't have one, and I just wanted a guess as to when it would be ready.

Is it so difficult to say "If I didn't have a loupe, I'd pick it" or vice versa. Just give the poor bloke your opinion and stop having a shot at me for trying to help him out! You're blowing this whole thing out of perspective if you ask me, go smoke a bowl or something :)

And I stick by my original opinion that I would personally pick it, if I didn't have the opportunity to look at the trichomes themselves, and I'll stand by that opinion.

What a ridiculous upset this has caused! It's as simple as saying "yea I would" or "No, I'd leave it a week".

Case freaking closed!

OK, obsession was probably a bit ott

however, a bad guess could be the difference between a good and a wasted harvest, and with a two week variance being touted, that helps nobody; seriously, what do you do with that information? harvest requires accuracy, not guess work, so to ask people to guess on accuracy is a contradiction in terms..

the guess is the seed banks estimated flowering time, beyond that, you need a loupe, no amount of guess work is going to help anyone :peace:

OK, obsession was probably a bit ott

however, a bad guess could be the difference between a good and a wasted harvest, and with a two week variance being touted, that helps nobody; seriously, what do you do with that information? harvest requires accuracy, not guess work, so to ask people to guess on accuracy is a contradiction in terms..

the guess is the seed banks estimated flowering time, beyond that, you need a loupe, no amount of guess work is going to help anyone :peace:

Agree to disagree:) I know a lot of people locally that harvest based on the pistils of an unknown strain, not by the colours of the trichomes. And they always have a good harvest and it's always good smoke. I understand that they could have a more accurate reading via other methods, but nonetheless they always have awesome stuff.

Agree to disagree:) I know a lot of people locally that harvest based on the pistils of an unknown strain, not by the colours of the trichomes. And they always have a good harvest and it's always good smoke. I understand that they could have a more accurate reading via other methods, but nonetheless they always have awesome stuff.

I agree to a point. If I spent all this time, energy and worry I be damn if I don't be patient and have some smoke people scared of.

OK, so for me. I can zoom in on the pics posted and clearly see that there's a good percentage of clear trich's. For best results for a strong head high harvest as close to 100% milky, for couchlock let it go to 25% amber. Rite now I'm seeing a bud that would be heady for a few minutes and the calyx are not yet expanded and will drastically decrease overall yield. Do you have binoculars?

Back
Top Bottom