anyoannie

420 Member
Help newbie to understand if this Critical Purple girl is mature and ready to harvest or it needs more time? Trichomes are cloudy/milky, some of them are clear yet, there is no amber ones. Some of the lower buds are small yet and the sugar leaves are kinda shiny. But most of the buds looks like this. Thank you.

Attachments

• BD678E7B-C842-498A-9C4B-FF48D880632D.jpeg
    BD678E7B-C842-498A-9C4B-FF48D880632D.jpeg
    658.6 KB · Views: 226
  • 0D7D498A-8D09-452E-BFB9-2F730F84F11B.jpeg
    0D7D498A-8D09-452E-BFB9-2F730F84F11B.jpeg
    875.3 KB · Views: 223
It’s an indica-dominant hybrid strain, auto, 6 weeks on flower. As I understand, all pistils should change their color, right?

Generally most will, though there are a few Strains that don't turn color at all I hear and they stay white but not sticking straight out like those. Depends what you aiming for on the trichs, but easily another week to go and probably more like 2+. They fatten up towards the end and be a shame to harvest too early after all your time/money/effort put into her. Just keep an eye on the trichs and harvest when they are where you want, for me the plants seem to quit taking as much water towards the end and leaves turning yellow and start dying off.

It’s an indica-dominant hybrid strain, auto, 6 weeks on flower. As I understand, all pistils should change their color, right?
I always look for 80%+ of the pistils browning, but the real indicator is the trichomes. I was lazy and grew for a year without buying a $10 loupe...if you don't have one, get one. 30x minimum.

Oh yeah...and ignore the weeks the seed bank says to grow...only you can judge when it is done. :)

I always look for 80%+ of the pistils browning, but the real indicator is the trichomes. I was lazy and grew for a year without buying a $10 loupe...if you don't have one, get one. 30x minimum.

Oh yeah...and ignore the weeks the seed bank says to grow...only you can judge when it is done. :)

I have 30x and waiting for my 90x magnifier. Despite the need, I really love looking at them :D Well, I’ll give her one more week or two, then I’ll see if she needs more :) Thanks for the advice :)

You should wait for at least 2% amber trichomes... some people like more, 10%... quite ripe at 20%. I suggest trying a little at each level this time, doing multiple mini harvests, so that you find the mix that works best for you. Remember that it still matures a little bit in the drying and curing process too.

Oh, I didn’t think about multiple harvests, good idea, I’ll do it in a week. I think that will help me in the future, I will know which stage is better for me. Thank you!:)

Generally most will, though there are a few Strains that don't turn color at all I hear and they stay white but not sticking straight out like those. Depends what you aiming for on the trichs, but easily another week to go and probably more like 2+. They fatten up towards the end and be a shame to harvest too early after all your time/money/effort put into her. Just keep an eye on the trichs and harvest when they are where you want, for me the plants seem to quit taking as much water towards the end and leaves turning yellow and start dying off.

Yes, I’ll be attentive to the leaves and trichomes, and I’ll give her one more week or two, then I’ll see. thank you for advices:))

Back
Top Bottom