Delys

Hello sorry I’m completely lost
This is an auto flowering
First pistils April 3 rd
Are we close ?

5A14EEFC-308F-42A2-AA37-950B7E349EC3.jpeg

CCE3D427-0FA6-4ACB-88EF-ED8D136F6CDC.jpeg

8F64742B-D772-443A-B01D-41BFD860C32A.jpeg

Hey while they're getting all nice and frosty....they still have some time to go... Wait for all pistils to crinkle in and turn red....and if you have a lupe or a microscope you could check the trichomes to see how far along you are.... Patience usually pays off good with cannabis

Good luck growmie.

First pistils April 3 rd
HappyHazmat is right on about reading the pistil and trichome color.

I'm puzzled though, if the pistils were noticed on 4/3, which is when flowering sort of officially starts (in my books) and flowering last 3 - 4 weeks, then it should have been harvested in early May.

What strain is it?

If you don't have a microscope, GET ONE. It is the most important tool around for harvest. A 50x cost under $20 bucks on line, I got mine at Ebay. The trichomes start out clear, then turn white and lastly amber. At around 15 - 25% amber I personally cut my plants which gives a good daytime smoke.

Please keep in touch about what your doing. My curiosity is killing me and I won't be able to sleep at nights.

HappyHazmat is right on about reading the pistil and trichome color.

I'm puzzled though, if the pistils were noticed on 4/3, which is when flowering sort of officially starts (in my books) and flowering last 3 - 4 weeks, then it should have been harvested in early May.

What strain is it?

If you don't have a microscope, GET ONE. It is the most important tool around for harvest. A 50x cost under $20 bucks on line, I got mine at Ebay. The trichomes start out clear, then turn white and lastly amber. At around 15 - 25% amber I personally cut my plants which gives a good daytime smoke.

Please keep in touch about what your doing. My curiosity is killing me and I won't be able to sleep at nights.
Well yes I saw the first white flowers around April 3 rd or z 4 th it’s an indica
I don’t smoke so I don’t know anything it’s for my son who is very ill
I’ll check for microscope what am I supposed to see ?

Well yes I saw the first white flowers around April 3 rd or z 4 th it’s an indica
I don’t smoke so I don’t know anything it’s for my son who is very ill
I’ll check for microscope what am I supposed to see ?
Delys, look on ebay or amazon for a 50x microscope, 50x is a minimum power as far as I'm concerned. Get the largest eyepiece you can find, it gives a better field of view.

The trichomes, which I'll refer to as trics resemble the shape of a mushroom (while looking at it with a microscope).
They sort of develop when the pistils start to be noticeable. The trics start out clear as water, then they will turn a milky color, they are now getting close to harvesting. This is the time to keep a close eye on them daily. The tric's will now start to turn an amber color. With the scope you will see only a light haze of amber starting on the head (ball shape top) and developing down the tric's stem daily. The more amber you see means the more relaxing feeling the joint will produce.

If you are looking for a joint to provide energy in lieu of relaxation, cut the plant when you first start to see the amber color develop. This stage of smoke also provides some folks the feeling of anxiety, some even get upset easily (my wife for an example)

Personally I cut my plants when the trics are about 30 - 40 % amber (60 - 70% still white).

In your case I would lean toward 50% amber for even more relaxation.

Good luck with your upcoming harvest.

Not take yet lol but basically find something tall enough for you to set the microscope on next to the budsites you want to look at, then position it close as close as you can and then focus.. you'll be looking for something like this (photo below) and then a chart to help you decide the best high for you :cheesygrinsmiley:

7b729ab3-ff66-4baf-9cac-3171e36dca52.jpg

when-to-harvest-cannabis-diagram~2.jpg

Thats my bud from today.
I say its still got a week at least.
Not much amber.
and loads of clear still.
And chart for you to have a look at.
Hope it helps. ;)
new.jpeg
when-to-harvest_1_1.jpg

WIN_20220616_20_52_41_Pro.jpg

Back