Ready to harvest or not ready?

The buds

BD360D8A-3E5F-43EC-BF74-5229CD8FF798.jpeg

B4EE5794-7B48-4630-B949-DAEC2E3AEBF0.jpeg

What should I see in the middle ? Should
I harvest everything
The whole
Plant or just the top and five more time to the lower buds ?

That would be upto u.
Some part harvest due to the tops being ready and the rest not.
Some will wait it out and take the whole plant.
Im a fan of waiting it out an extra week and exposing bud sights as much as poss.

So waiting won’t be bad for the top bud ? How
Many days should I wait ? I had to get a bud from it to check on microscope
It’s impossible otherwise
Thank you

You only have a 2 week window and your in it.
IF it was me and MOST of the ladies buds look 10/20% amber like that.
I would be putting her to sleep in 3/4 days for 24 hour rest.
Before the chop.
I assume by the pics of your ladies you have a few as one pic.
Looked every early with alot of white pistils.

So in 4 days I’ll put her in that dark ? I read online it’s 48 hours ? Do I need to cure before my son can smoke ? Would it be another 3 weeks ?

24/48 again up for debat.
TBH some will say no real point in the darkness period at all.
But yes in an idea world 7-10 days hang time.
The taste 3/4 week after that with a good cure.
But most smoke after the hang time if there honest.

24/48 again up for debat.
TBH some will say no real point in the darkness period at all.
But yes in an idea world 7-10 days hang time.
The taste 3/4 week after that with a good cure.
But most smoke after the hang time if there honest.
Yup I'm one who doesn't use the dark before chop method.... I dry in the dark for a week so I don't see a point to do before hand....but some believe in it ritually.

And yea your right some us try the greenery after dry....and honestly it's best to wait for the cure.... I just experienced this with my last grow.... The weed got me high after drying but lacked flavor and smell....towards the end of that batch (4weeks in a jar) it smelled and tasted amazing...plus seemed to have a better high....I wished I was patient and didn't smoke prematurely.

Hi @Delys! You're doing great for your first grow... plants look great. What size pot are you using?

I have some thoughts...

First, I have that microscope you bought, and it was poor quality. I bought another one w/ camera (still, video) and USB that costs about seven times the cost of that one, but it was well worth it... much better quality. For looking at trichomes while on the plant, I recommend a Carson MicroBrite Plus hand-held, 60x-120x, with LED light.

Re: drying and curing... it's an art that I'm still working on myself. Keep in mind that you can still produce potent, smoke/vape-able buds the down-and-dirty method of quick drying, especially if you want to reach a finished product quickly. One option is a food dehydrator set on lowest temp, like 95°. Another option is to place in brown paper bags in the sun. The downside is you will loose a lot of terpenes, and the smoke can be more harsh, which depends some on the variety.

Re: autoflowers... quick and easy way to produce buds; however, consider photoperiod plants, because then you can clone them and have a continuous grow. Cloning is surprisingly easy – check out my cloning link in my signature.

Re: medicine... indica's a good choice... what strain are you growing? I specialize in growing CBD and CBG plants, which produce medicinal buds that, among other things, provide pain relief. CBD and CBG buds can be blended in the grinder with your indica THC buds, in whatever ratio works best for you. A 1:1 ratio has a nice effect. CBD has the effect of reducing the psychoactive qualities of the THC, and the THC tend to "turn up the volume" on the CBD effects. Of course, this all depends somewhat on the person, the dose, and various other variables. Combining CBD and THC can allow higher doses of indica.

Re: pistils and calyxes... A lot of people say "pistil" when they mean "stigma". As far as I know, the pistil is the base of the stigma, which is contained in the calyx – where the seed develops in a pollinated flower. Stigmas are the hairs that emerge when flowering begins – the pollen catchers – and turn brown and die when the buds are getting close to harvest time.

happy growing!

Back
Top Bottom