Red & Purple Fan Leave Stems - Help Please

So you think I'm good now..and thanks again with all your help..here's what she looks like now
20160130_224927.jpg
20160201_015849.jpg
20160201_015908.jpg
20160201_015931.jpg

Great considering. The nitrogen is there for the rest of the grow. So use bloom nutes like MOAB that have no nitrogen form here on. Should be good. They will likely have some stunting that they will recover from and be good to go.

:thumb:

Give an update in 1 week and 2 weeks time. it will take that long to really determine how things are.

Hey just wanted to give you an update..also some of my white Pistols are turning orange not sure if that's normal or not..well I know they turn orange at the end but I didn't think they would this early..other then that everything as been great..I did a little trim on the fan leaves so I could get more light to some of the bud sites that were hidden under the fan leaves..one more question,have you ever heard anything bad about Fox Farm Cha Ching..my next feeding I will be using it and I read some bad reviews about it..maybe because the didn't use all 3 together.
20160206_230740.jpg
20160206_230507.jpg
20160206_230436.jpg
20160206_225713.jpg
20160204_235136.jpg

I wouldn't worry about the pistils There will be ones changing throughout bloom.

I have never heard of this nute you speak of. Let me search the web for a label... Well I previously recommended you stay away from something like that for the extent of this grow because you have too much nitrogen built up. that hasn't changed. The product I recommended previously would be better. I would stick with the MOAB.

:goodluck:

I wouldn't worry about the pistils There will be ones changing throughout bloom.

I have never heard of this nute you speak of. Let me search the web for a label... Well I previously recommended you stay away from something like that for the extent of this grow because you have too much nitrogen built up. that hasn't changed. The product I recommended previously would be better. I would stick with the MOAB.

:goodluck:

I used Open Sesame on 4 week old plants after using Flora Nova. Even at 1/4th the suggested feeding I got burnt tips and new growth so green it was neon, I forget which that is an OD of. Anyway they're some hot nutes for sure.

Grwenthumb, looks more Indica but it could be a hybrid or just a Indica looking phenotype. No way to tell without knowing the lineage really.

yup a hybrid is some sort of cross between the 2. Most of the best strains out there are a cross. True Sativas or Indicas are kinda hard to come by theses days really..not really hard just they are less common. If you go to a seed bank it will be 4 hybrids to every pure strain. They get misscalssified all the time so like it will be 25% sativa and 75% indica and they will call it indica. But most of the really popular strains are some sort of cross.

That said pure strains are awesome and there a ton...but most people actually prefer some version that has the pros of both and the cons of neither. A good hybrid is attempting to do just that.

Yours does look mostly Indica. I have grown sativas that look very indica myself because conditions allowed for fat leaves and tight nodal density so it really isn't that good of a call to just look at them from an indoor grow. Outdoor you can tell no problem if grown right because nature wins...but indoor man you can do all kinds of things to mess up the call. If you have low light and the plant stretches and isn't doing much photosynthesis an indica will look sativa real easily. Like I said I ran some hyrdo about a year ago and had this sativa with nodal density tighter than an inch with big leaves on some old school sativa (like from the 90's seed).

So if they are grown right and they are good and mature it is a lot easier to tell and sometimes indoors with newer growers that is kinda iffy to be honest.

Now yours are looking really nice but I just don't think that is pure Indica. I think what is fooling me is you have maybe low intensity lights causing the fake out I was describing. I bet with some top of the line lighting and good ventilation / humidity / temps...those would be fat stubby thick monsters and would be dead ringers for Indica. I mean they look very indica to me just not 100% pure and that may just be the setup.

:peace:

OK thanks..someone to me you can count the blades on the leaves but some of mine have 9 blades and some have 7 so I don't know.like you said it probably hybrid..and when should my girl really start putting on the weight..the last 2 or 3 weeks

You will be surprised if you do it right...right when you think they are huge is when they start exploding.

check out the chart below. it is a generic chart for a 13 week fast grow. so strain to strain it will vary but look at the descriptions. It will not really slow down until maybe a week before you want to consider cutting the nutes down and letting the resin top out.

CCH2O-Recommendations-Graph-1024x743.jpg

There are many strains and they are all over the map. Indis are like 8-10 weeks typically. So if you do everything right and you are what 2 weeks in? You may have 8 more to go. Longer is better. Be patient and let it go longer then you want.

You did some decent overdosing not long ago. If you tread light for a bit then you could add my tea in a week or two that will cause the flowers to explode. Read this thread and at the end there is a modified recipe I posted. Add Bat Guano for bloom and put 4-6 cups per plant and you may just poop your pants. like overnight you will see a difference. In 2 days there will be vigorous blooming. There is an additive that causes an "alergic" reaction as the plant thinks it is being infested by insects and it runs up flower and resin production to make it inhospitable and have a better chance to propagate. It does a lot of other things to but we can talk about that later if you want to try. It may be too advanced for you at this point.

Tea Bag your DWC

Well the secret sauce in the Tea is made into a product by advanced nutrients but it is very expensive...like $60 for a litter bottle or some such deal. And they are making it from waste product from the fishing industry. So literally take garbage and let some enzymes break it down and then bottle it and sell it for an arm and a leg. But if you want to go get some Bud Factor X then you will have an off the shelf source of Chitosan.

As far as humidity goes...what are you doing to keep them up there to begin with. I have to add a munch of stuff to get it up to a safe point to begin with which I just remove at night. But that all comes down to the exterior room if you are growing in a tent. IN winter for me it isn't too hard. I have my tent in the garage and I can leave the side door open when the lights are on at night so the garage stays cool and close it during the day and the tent works fine. If you are inside the house it is harder.

my plants have all developed red stems.. this has never happened to me before and only did so after i switched from HPS to LED i changed nothing else... nutes strain medium ect. is all the same.

yeah indoor lighting causes some odd coloring even HPS. People attribute nute issues to it all the time but if you look you see typically it is only the side facing the light not the stem itself. Sometimes there are issues but usually we notice them in leaves way sooner than stems.

Yes I'm growing in my closet and night trips get up to 70..I also government my box with a black sheet so no light gets in..do you think it would help to turn one of my fans the other way so it will pull air out while it's coverd

Yes that would help if it has access to a good dry input source. Like as an example//I have a long flex hose going from one of my inlet vents to a cold dry space far away from my vent so I am no recirculating hot moist used air back into the tent.

I will look into something like...I made my box out of cardboard boxes and the front where my big osulating(not sure about spelling lol) is it is open then on both sides of the boxes I have a little computer fan on both side one pointed on the bottom and the other pointed at the canopy..for the top I have my light with reflector then I have 2 pieces of box tied together so it hangs over the reflector..so it covers the hole box top..then I have it coverd with a black cover over it but the only time it is coverd all the way is at night.

Back
Top Bottom