Reverse Osmosis - what are you using?

My water here in socal is like yours...350-450ppm out of the tap...

With my ro system...coming out of the R/O without D/I my water measures between 12-30ppm,

With the D/I filter in line, the water coming out of the D/I usually measures 0-5ppm.

thats the difference.

Hey everyone, even though I am a soil grower, this question I figured was most fitting in the Hydro area and I would love to have some input before purchasing a reverse osmosis system....

Using City water with measured ph of 8.3 and ppm of between 330 and 400.

Goals...
Would like to reduce ppm as low as possible, regulate ph to neutral, and remove chlorine, chloromines...

Would like to make about 10gallons a week for plants and another 5 for drinking...

Also looking for somthing that would be portable with a kitchen sink type mount....

1. What systems are you guys using?

2. For someone who is unfamiliar with RO systems...what should I look for when purchasing, and what should I leave out...

3. Would your recomend a DI?

1) Reverse osmosis

2) Get a reverse osmosis system but make sure you add a calcite filter. It adds calcium to the water.

3) I don't think it's necessary and wouldn't recommend it. Instead, use a calcite filter.

I'm using a 1000gpd system from these guys: Reverse Osmosis Water Purification Systems - RO-WaterSystems and now i'm planing to buy a 3000gpd for a beverage machine.
They have pretty good quality systems, highly recomended!

APEC Water Systems RO-CTOP Portable Countertop Reverse Osmosis Water Filter System, Installation-Free, fits Most Standard Faucet

1666931567847.png

Thats the one im using, simple works great and has a lever to switch back and forth

I've never personally owned one but I've heard nothing but good about spectapure.com they will be who I go through when I start my build in a few months. Now I'll probably end up using this for a salt water tank too which is where most of my experience comes from... actually, all of it lol.

Back
Top Bottom