Rosin presses: How many of you guys make your own concentrates?

ERB

After 40 plus year of cannabis use my tolerance for THC is a little on the high side.
To compensate for this I have started to DAB concentrates but with all these chemical extraction methods I am very wary about what I DAB.
After much research the only thing that makes sense is ROSIN.
Heat and pressure! that's it, no chemicals real pure extract.

Attachments

• IMG_0027.JPG
    IMG_0027.JPG
    535.4 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_0096.JPG
    IMG_0096.JPG
    377 KB · Views: 153
We make rosin with our neighbor. We dry sift kief, make a puck, and take turns standing on the Rosinator between pucks. My wife loves dabs, but I'm more of a hash kind of guy.
We started buying bho from Legal spots here but none of it was very clean. I would put it on parchment and throw it in the oven on 200° for at least 30 minutes and make it amazing. Now we don't buy it.

I buy a lot of kief, or CO² oil cartridges, or we have a "rosin party" with the E-nail.

I know what you are saying about tolerance. I have been smoking for over 40 years, lots of it now days. I never could enjoy concentrates. I've made ice hash, shatter and now oil from the shatter I made. After a day or two my tolerance builds up faster with concentrates then with regular weed. I have found it works best for me to keep different types of strains on hand so I don't smoke the same stuff all the time.

I always buy Oz's. I still prefer flower but I have strain tolerance goes up really fast with indica (my favorite), so I have to buy like a 50/50 hybrid and the purest indica I can get.

I found my tolerance gets way too high with concentrates all of the time. Now when I do a dab I know that I did it. Edibles are kind of my special. Everyone loves my butter cookies.

I love butter cookies, my specialty is butterscotch blondies that I make from my own extracts.
Hell yeah.

My neighbor tends to end up with not really great trimmings. He dry sifts it and then gives me the processed green. I then reprocess into potent cannabutter. Which of course makes great cookies. We don't waste anything.

When I trim for my wife's uncle I get like 2oz bud and 2-4 oz lowers, that stuff makes the best glycerin tinctures. He always grows something from Exotic Genetics.

I love well made cannabutter treats. I used to make cannabutter but now I am mostly into fresh press rosin that I use for DABs and cooking.

Plus you can take the used rosin pucks, grind them up and use them in capsules for edibles.

I have used the pucks in both edibles and sadly I have smoked them when there is not enough to cook with. I used to Vape flower and cook with my leftovers, put one lady out for 14 hours with my spaghetti. Waste not want not....

Never smoked a puck I feel for you ever having to do so.
I've smoked a lot of stuff that my budget forced me into..... That is why I fired my lights back up and filled the tent. No one should have to smoke the things that my wife and I have endured.......

On a personal note wow long have you been growing?
I did some outdoor grows back years ago when I lived in the Midwest, before I was married. I started growing indoor in 2014, did 5 grows. I took a year off, then just started popping beans in April, until my tent was full

I tried brownies with my cannabutter. The edges always got hard so I gave up on them. Funny thing is that the chocolate cake has the same 1/2 cup of oil as the brownies. The perfect amount for my bed time edible. So now I do chocolate cake with frosting of course. All my butter is made from pure indica or indica dominate trim. Now I have a piece of cake and milk before bed and sleep better then I have for years. Chocolate cake that gets you high is just asking for abuse though.

Here is a helpful hint for cannabutter or oil. I made some muffins that only take 1/3 of a cup of oil. This would have been fine with a stronger oil. I made this oil expecting to use a 1/2 cup. I had a bunch of kief at the time and added a tsp of it to the oil and mixed it in before pouring it into the mix. Work fine. A little more flavor from the kief but I still enjoyed it.

I tried brownies with my cannabutter. The edges always got hard so I gave up on them. Funny thing is that the chocolate cake has the same 1/2 cup of oil as the brownies. The perfect amount for my bed time edible. So now I do chocolate cake with frosting of course. All my butter is made from pure indica or indica dominate trim. Now I have a piece of cake and milk before bed and sleep better then I have for years. Chocolate cake that gets you high is just asking for abuse though.

Here is a helpful hint for cannabutter or oil. I made some muffins that only take 1/3 of a cup of oil. This would have been fine with a stronger oil. I made this oil expecting to use a 1/2 cup. I had a bunch of kief at the time and added a tsp of it to the oil and mixed it in before pouring it into the mix. Work fine. A little more flavor from the kief but I still enjoyed it.
I really only make butter. I haven't had much luck with brownies either. I usually just do cookies, or box Mac & cheese (Mac is great with 1 gram of Kief per box). I do the butter in boiling water stove top method. Lol. I bet rosin makes the butter best.

Back
Top Bottom