Rosy Bubbles - Blue Mystic/Jock Horror Autoflower Grow

Thanks, I appreciate it!

My Jock Horrors are at day 50 from seed today. The topped Jock Horror is around 25 inches tall right now but the one that I did not top is probably 22-23 inches tall just to give you an idea about their size. :woohoo:
Endive,

I have to adjust these numbers after breaking out the tape measure for updated numbers.

The topped Jock Horror as reaching 31inches tall and the untouched Jock Horror has reached 25 inches. Also I have some LST action going plus leaning the plants one direction or another.

Nice plants and clean setup. Thread is moving along nicely. And I loved the safety info. Definately something alot of first time growers don't look into. +reps 4 u bro. Keep up the good work. Peace:peace:

Thank you and I hope the safety info at least spurs an idea in someones head that is thinking about doing a HID and that they do it safely. No one needs to be getting hurt or endangering those around them for a hobby when its simple to avoid. Hell I made sure to get a glass enclosed hood just in case I ever have a bulb bust. If it prevents a fire then that's a :bravo: in my book and at least its easier to clean some broken glass out of the hood then off the floor and out of my plants!

-----

Thanks raiderdave!

Does anyone have any experience with Nirvana's New York Power Diesel strain? I have 10 reg seeds of this strain so I popped two in hopes of getting a female mother to try some cloning on. Not a particular strain I plan to continue for long but I do love Sativa's but my small space requirements might be a problem. This particular strain is a F1 hybrid with a Indica so I would think theres a few different phenos that might show. Just wondering if I clone it if I could keep it shorter then 45inches.

Buddage Update!

Girls are progressing nicely and by Friday/Saturday I hope to have my new nutrients. Maxi Flower (dry), Kool Bloom (dry) and FloraNectar Pineapple Rush (liquid). Should be a nice combo to really get these buds going.

In the mean time I have trimmed up alot of the mess on the lower branches and removed a few fan leaves to get some better light coverage.

Lets start things off with the Nirvana Auto-Flower Jock Horrors.

9-7-10-jockhorrors.jpg

The Bag-Seed plant is continuing its awesomeness and spawning some great looking buds.

9-7-10-bagseed.jpg

9-7-10-bagseed2.jpg

The Nirvana Auto-flower Blue Mystic is still kicking is trying to produce some nice buds for its slender branches.

9-7-10-bluemystic.jpg

9-7-10-bluemystic2.jpg

The tent is filling out nicely and the plants have all reached their desired height for my requirements. I have around 6' 3" of floor to ceiling space plus the 600watt hid and the bubble tank. I will get a better overall pic in the next round to show this.

9-7-10-general.jpg

In the last post I mentioned that I planted some of Nirvana's "New York Power Diesel". So far one of the seeds has sprouted and will be put under (2) 2-foot T5 lights (total 40watts) while young. I plan to try to keep these mothers short. I am definitely going to clone this strain and run it 12/12 after 1 week of letting the clones root into a medium. This should help cut down on the height and I haven't decided if I am going to use 2gal buckets or the bubble tank or both. I am thinking of re-arranging the tent and doing both under the 600watt. Probably only 2 or 3 in the bubble tank tho and 4 in buckets.

Let me hear your THOUGHTS!

I am new to the cloning stuff for sure so it should be an interesting ride. I also saw some interesting articles on grafting multiple strains to one root base. That looked crazy and fascinating!

:thanks:

I am new to growing and cloning as well so I cann't really give any advice. But everything looks good and healthy, Buds are hairy critters. Have you seen any trich development yet? :tokin:

Have you seen any trich development yet? :tokin:

Lots of trich development and the Blue Mystic is just coated from stem to leaf. The camera phone plus HPS just doesn't allow for trich pics so once I change the res I will snap some great photos. They are definitely sparkling tho.
:rollit:

Lots of trich development and the Blue Mystic is just coated from stem to leaf. The camera phone plus HPS just doesn't allow for trich pics so once I change the res I will snap some great photos. They are definitely sparkling tho.
:rollit:

Looking forward to seeing them!!!! How long till harvest?

2 -3 weeks on the Blue Mystic and 5-6 weeks on the Jock Horror. October is going to be the start of a beautiful mid west winter! :smokin:

Have you read the tutorial on "increasing trichs" by Roseman?
If you haven't you might want to. The last 2 weeks can be an adventure.
Looking forward to seeing them through harvest. :peace:

Well I stayed up late enough for the HID to kick on tonight so I took a few more pictures.

Here is the general pic of the tent that I posted earlier. I love the setup and easy maintenance. I still can't stop saying good things about the Phat carbon filter. No one smells a thing even after the lights go on/off. It is light, it flows amazingly, and the air that passes thru retains not a single odor of the plants.

9-8-10-room.jpg

Close up of the Blue Mystics trich's

9-8-10-BlueMystic-closeup.jpg

Lastly is the new sprout. I can also confirm that both of the NYPD seeds are sprouting now. So far 2/2 on this batch.

This sprout was put in the cup 2 nights ago after sitting in some water for 9 hours.

9-8-10-NYPD-sprout.jpg

Thanks as always!

2 -3 weeks on the Blue Mystic and 5-6 weeks on the Jock Horror. October is going to be the start of a beautiful mid west winter! :smokin:

They are both 56 days from seed now, right? I was under the impression that the jock horror auto took only 11 weeks max (most times 8-9 weeks) from seed to harvest, and its slowness was because it was predominantly sativa. Have you found a way to stretch that out? Were you able to delay flower on it? If so, share please, I would love to run an auto sativa if I felt it would go through veg long enough to support it.

That blue mystic looks gorgeous, too. Have you checked its trics under a scope yet? I believe my seeds went into water 3 days before yours (I germed them in the dwc rockwool after seed cracked, no taproot), and mine are heavily clouded now. Curious as to the diff timelines of diff strains.

Very cool!

I just read the whole thread. I was almost gonna do the DIY water cooler thing myself a few months ago. Now you have re-inspired me!

And the rest of the setup is all great! And the plants are paying off in spades it seems. Getting close - congrats!

:nicethread::peace::rollit:

Nirvana lists the jock the horrors as 7-9 weeks of flowering. They started as seeds on 7/17 and didn't start flowering until 8/25 ish. So right around 38-40 days of seedling/veg but they are some super thick ass stalks. They were not sitting by idle and every day they seemed to be growing. I am running these autos under a 12/12 schedule so no idea how its affecting them but I can't see it being much considering that outside it wouldn't get any better. I just honestly don't think I could justify a 600watt hid running 18/6 with auto-flowers. Seems like I would end up spending more money for less smoke.

The Blue Mystic is still pretty clear so I expect 1-2weeks before its finished but it might end up needing that 3rd week.

Nirvana lists the jock the horrors as 7-9 weeks of flowering. They started as seeds on 7/17 and didn't start flowering until 8/25 ish. So right around 38-40 days of seedling/veg but they are some super thick ass stalks. They were not sitting by idle and every day they seemed to be growing. I am running these autos under a 12/12 schedule so no idea how its affecting them but I can't see it being much considering that outside it wouldn't get any better. I just honestly don't think I could justify a 600watt hid running 18/6 with auto-flowers. Seems like I would end up spending more money for less smoke.

The Blue Mystic is still pretty clear so I expect 1-2weeks before its finished but it might end up needing that 3rd week.

I would love to get my plants to wait to flower that long. I will have to try this strain. Would it be better to just 12/12 from seed with a standard? The standard is 10-11 weeks for flower, instead of 8-9 weeks. I believe they would flower under 12/12 at about the same time as the autos would, but then you get a few more weeks of flower. Once yours are done, let us know what the smoke is like, I have heard great reviews of it for a daytime high, but I rarely trust seedbank reviews.

Back
Top Bottom