Rosy Bubbles - Blue Mystic/Jock Horror Autoflower Grow

So I changed the res water and took some more photos. The Blue Mystic is starting to shoot up in size!

First up is the airstones that provide the bubbles.

airstones1.jpg

This is the micro-pore air stone that I use on the large air pump that cycles 15min on/ 15min off.

I love the bubbles that this stone creates.

airstones-2.jpg

Here is a shot of the roots.

roots-8-23-10.jpg

Overview shot of the garden

8-23-10-sky.jpg

Closer shot

8-23-10-general.jpg

Close up of the flowering Blue Mystic :popcorn:

8-23-10-bluemystic.jpg

Thats it for tonight, thanks for checking back in!

8/26/2010

All of the plants have shown their sex today. Jock Horrors are coming along nicely and they are starting to rapidly put on pistols. Of the two bag seed plants, one ended up being a male as I predicted earlier so he was cut out today.

Lots of room now for the remaining four plants to grow into!:slide:

Picture of the bag-seed balls!

8-25-10-male.jpg

Female hairs on the bag-seed

8-25-10-female.jpg

Here is a overview showing the amount of space I know have and the height. I re-did my LST to pull the 4 remaining plants into their respective spaces and they have already orientated back to the light which you can't see in this picture.l

8-25-10-general.jpg

Next Stop, Lots of Flowers! :popcorn:

Day 42 from seed (For the 1x blue mystic and 2x Jock Horrors)

First off let me say that I actually like the pictures that my cell phone takes. Almost all of the pictures in this thread are from from my phone. The following pictures were taking with the HPS bulb on and they came out great.

The 600watter is only 11inches above the canopy. After 5-6 inches I no longer feel any heat on the back of my hand and I have a fan blowing directly up thru the canopy.

Nutes are running a mix of veg/flower at 1800ppm minus 200ppm (tap water) and the plants have shown no sign of nute burn. I have seen alot of people say that auto-flowers are sensitive to nutes and to go light but I have seen no such thing on this particular grow. I ran the tank at 2200pm for a few days and then slowly lowered it down to its current level and they seemed to have loved it.

I think my next purchase is going to be a bottle of Kool Bloom so I can put some weight on these branches in the coming weeks.

8-28-10-general.jpg

The level you see in the next few pictures is 24 inches long.

8-28-10-general-height.jpg

Blue Mystic :yummy:

She has finally caught up with the Jock Horrors. I still can't believe what a runt she was in the beginning but now in flowering she is adding a little every day.

Next grow is going to be in this same setup except 5 blue mystic auto-flowers to see what they can really do under a level light and lots of oxygen.

8-28-10-bluemystic-woot.jpg

Peace and as always :thanks:

Excellent, man! Your autos are almost exactly a week behind mine, prepare for them to blow up on you soon! Mine made a massive change in a matter of a few days, was fun to watch. Koolbloom is treating me right, good choice on that purchase. I am looking into some carb additive also, molasses works great, but it does have a habit of growing bacterial colonies. They are the good kind of bacteria, but too much of a good thing can still make a mess of your tubing, and it was pushing my pH around.

Your plants are really looking healthy, and I fully agree with you. You can push a pretty stout nute schedule on them if you want. My girls have claws and tiny burns on their tips now, but I have only a few weeks left, I am pushing the mix hot. I think I am going to pull back the grow nutes totally on this weekend's res change; are you going to go with grow nutes throughout?

Excellent, man! Your autos are almost exactly a week behind mine, prepare for them to blow up on you soon! Mine made a massive change in a matter of a few days, was fun to watch. Koolbloom is treating me right, good choice on that purchase. I am looking into some carb additive also, molasses works great, but it does have a habit of growing bacterial colonies. They are the good kind of bacteria, but too much of a good thing can still make a mess of your tubing, and it was pushing my pH around.

Your plants are really looking healthy, and I fully agree with you. You can push a pretty stout nute schedule on them if you want. My girls have claws and tiny burns on their tips now, but I have only a few weeks left, I am pushing the mix hot. I think I am going to pull back the grow nutes totally on this weekend's res change; are you going to go with grow nutes throughout?

I am still running them on a heavy dose of veg nutes (70% veg/30% flower) as this past res change they finally showed sex. Once I get my paycheck I plan on ordering the GH maxi Bloom and Kool Bloom additives and start cutting back on GH Maxi Grow the next two res changes.

Defiently let me know if you find a solid and stable carb additive for you bubble setup. I have kept my nutes very basic and only use dry nutes and a used blender ($4) to whip everything up. I'm not very scientific about marijuana as I treat it as a weed.

I basically fill the res from a garden hose up to my fill line I etched with a nail. Grab two gallons from it and add some to the blender. Dump in an eyeballed amount of Veg and Flower nutes, mix it up, let sit for a few minutes, then add to the res.

After a few minutes of the water mixing up in the res I test the ph and ppm and determine if it needs any additional plain water or some ph down. I usually get it on the first go and rarely need to add plain water to bring the ph up or the ppm's down. The only other thing I do is ensure that my ph floats around. If its running 6.3, Ill drop it to 5.5. If its 5.7, Ill up it to 6.2. I just want to make sure that the plants are getting what they need and that the ph gradually floats between a high and low of 6.5 and 5.5. If my ph is floating by itself then I take action to correct whatever is making it float on its own.

Only I get to float the PH! :tokin:

I also don't get tied up in my grow. I prefer to let it be and not check or mess with it for 3 days or so as long as everything is stable. If I do more then glance at them its nothing but removing enough water for ph/ppm check from the drainage valve. (5mins max)

Every 3 to 4 days I water them with 3 gallons of water+nutes and ensure that everything is on the ball, clean up any leaves, and adjust my LST. 7-10th day I change the res water out completely.

Basically I mind my own business and let them be. They will let me know if they are in need of something.

:peacetwo:

Defiently let me know if you find a solid and stable carb additive for you bubble setup. I have kept my nutes very basic and only use dry nutes and a used blender ($4) to whip everything up. I'm not very scientific about marijuana as I treat it as a weed.

I just started using floranectar from GH. It has a ton of refined cane sugar and a good bit of molasses in it, with some other nutrients for flowering. So far, so good. pH is not bouncing around yet, but it will take a few days to see how stable it is. I have had such good luck with GH products so far, I imagine this one will be just as good.

I just started using floranectar from GH. It has a ton of refined cane sugar and a good bit of molasses in it, with some other nutrients for flowering. So far, so good. pH is not bouncing around yet, but it will take a few days to see how stable it is. I have had such good luck with GH products so far, I imagine this one will be just as good.

I will be seriously looking into the floranectar and keep me posted on how you like it. If your ph is staying stable then its going in my shopping cart.

:goodluck:

Nice to see you following the show PitViper. I have definitely enjoyed your journals when doing my research! :blunt:

I am going to do a new journal on Auto's 4 or 5 strains @ 1 time...
Yes I am enjoying your Grow journal! Thank you and good job all so. :popcorn:

Good Luck and I will have to follow that journal. I'm still kinda scared to see what 5 auto blue mystics will do and just how stable the strain is. I am hoping I don't get wildly different results from each one.

There has been an explosion in flowers and every thing is still coming along nicely. I will admit that I did get a touch of nute burn the other day before my last res change. I simply didn't have the ability to water the plants the the nutes became a little concentrated because of how high I was running the ppm. But it was just a dabble of nute burn tho, nothing to be concerned about.

The nutes are now a 80/20 mix of Flower/Veg nutes. The following are some pictures from 8/30 and 9/2 so enjoy!

8-30-10-general.jpg

Next up in a close up of the plants.

8-30-10-closeup.jpg

Blue Mystic showing its flowers. Not sure how the 12/12 schedule is affecting the auto-flowers since this is my first time with them. I will be interested in comparing an auto-flower at 12/12 this grow to my next running just auto-flowers at 18/6.

9-2-10-bluemystic.jpg

The next picture is of the random bagseed and it appears that she is going to produce some very nice buds. I'm excited to watch the genetics in this one.

9-2-10-bagseed.jpg

The topped Jock Horror in the back seems to be loving the environment and 12/12 schedule. She has some massive and thick stalks so she should have no problem holding up the buds.

9-2-10-general.jpg

This grow should start to get interesting in the next few weeks as they continue to mature.

:woohoo::thanks:

Looking fantastic!

I eagerly await seeing your grow finish, as I've got some auto Jock Horror seeds on deck and last weekend Nirvana restocked the Blue Mystic autos, placed my order and they are on their way.

Since I have limited space I'm interested to see how big they get.

:bong:

Looking fantastic!

I eagerly await seeing your grow finish, as I've got some auto Jock Horror seeds on deck and last weekend Nirvana restocked the Blue Mystic autos, placed my order and they are on their way.

Since I have limited space I'm interested to see how big they get.

:bong:

Thanks, I appreciate it!

My Jock Horrors are at day 50 from seed today. The topped Jock Horror is around 25 inches tall right now but the one that I did not top is probably 22-23 inches tall just to give you an idea about their size. :woohoo:

Good Luck and I will have to follow that journal. I'm still kinda scared to see what 5 auto blue mystics will do and just how stable the strain is. I am hoping I don't get wildly different results from each one.

It will take me a little while to put everything together...
I have it all, I haft to let my grow finish now be4 I can start a new 1. the hard part is picking the strains I want to try. I think, I have 7 or 8 different Auto's now.

But your grow is looking good... :popcorn: :nicethread:

Nice plants and clean setup. Thread is moving along nicely. And I loved the safety info. Definately something alot of first time growers don't look into. +reps 4 u bro. Keep up the good work. Peace:peace:

Back
Top Bottom