RueBakon's - Outdoor Bag Seed In Plain Sight - 1st Time Journal - 2016

RueBakon

Hello and welcome to my Paranoia!!!

I have been a disciple of the 420 Magazine experience for some time.

Back before 2009 I started to read the grow forums for several months, did my research and got the gear/supplies I needed to get started.

I was hooked. I have been a partaker for over 30 years....what? Woo Hoo!

I set up my 10x10x6 tent in a spare bedroom and it was on. I sprouted and vegged in a 4x2 closet with a UFO LED and CFL's....Moved to the tent to flower with the HPS...It was a good time! It is only me and the wifey (never had kids) so no worries there.

Ha...the paranoia really creeps in when you have 12 @ 5' ladies flowering and smelling like Heaven. I did a perpetual grow for about 2 years and after some set backs, shut it down and stored the gear.

____________________________________________________________________________________
NOW!
Please be patient and understanding....This is my first documented attempt and first time outdoor grow.

This grow is already in progress..approx 6 weeks after pop. The ladies were approx. 4' tall when I pinned them down to prevent them from getting taller (remember..stealth) and now the ones that I didn't break have a lovely curve to prayer look.

At this time 7 out of 12 are growing. I removed one that looked poorly, broke 3 and weed-eated one
Unknown bag-seed - Assorted
Popped seed in generic, compact starter plugs in a dark warm spot im my garage...14 out of 16 popped
Straight into the ground, topped with Organic Choice garden soil after one week on the patio with moderate sunlight
Approx. 6 weeks and vegging
Grow Big, Big Bloom and fish emulsion to veg
Open Sesame, Beastie Bloomz and Cha Ching to flower
Pest control is dish washing soap,cooking oil and water solution

I have targeted a spot that runs East and West along one of my fence lines that borders a neighbor that I do not have a relationship with. I am a leave me alone and I wont bother you kind of guy!

I hope this has us kicked off good enough and I really look forward to everyone's feedback!

gp14.jpg

gp31.jpg

gp24.jpg

The ladies are getting about 75-80% of the available sunlight

I am posting some pics of the top view of the ladies. (I haven't seen sex yet but they are always ladies to me until they are not)

rgp4.jpg

rgp5.jpg

rgp6.jpg

rgp7.jpg

rgp8.jpg

rgp9.jpg

rgp10.jpg

I am watering roughly every other day now and making a grow big, big bloom tea for every third watering.
We have seen a lot of rain lately and I am very happy to see the SUNSHINE!

That's a nice collection of plants, sounds like they've gotten off to a good start. Are you waiting until a fall harvest those babies will be huge. What's your training regiment?

KiG :green_heart:cheers

Hi Snidrajsed and thanks for dropping in.

I popped the seeds around June 22nd. so I am at the mercy of the seasons. I do not intend to force flower so it is all up to the sun for when to harvest.

I am using a white elastic piece of cordage from the dollar store and tieing them down with a tent stake.

rgp11.jpg

The bugs are taking over now...I'm starting to see the damage in areas. Last night before turning in I sprayed the tops and bottoms with my solution of dawn dish soap, canola oil and water..1 tbl dawn, one tbl spoon canola and one quart of water. I will rinse this morning.

I had seen the critters and had treated once but my solution was weak because I added the water after the other ingredients which caused an eruption of soap. This caused the solution to be less effective I think. This will be my second application of this. if it does not work I'll get some Neem.

I am going to rinse the leaves this morning.

Have a great day all!

Note: A couple of months ago I had an inner urging to pursue this project to help me endure medical issues I am dealing with that has had me basically home bound since the end of Oct. 2015. I have filed for SSD and am going through the reconsideration process after my first denial and I expect this to carry into an appeal after the pending decision. To say the least, times are lean. I take a lot of meds and they are necessary but I find the most benefit from MJ.

I am a nobody here and what I think I know I mostly learned from the fine folks in this community.
I do not have nearly the knowledge of most of you and I do not make any claims that this journey will be be anything more than a fumbling, rambling set of missteps and falls where I learn more from you. My only goal is that some of you may see something that I am doing and offer constructive feedback.

:Namaste:

Back to the garden.......

I gave the gals a good rinse as the sun was rising this morning and everyone looks fine.

The pests are a concern but I do not want to over think it now.

Morning pics after the rinse..............Have a great day everyone!

rpg12.jpg

rpg13.jpg

rpg14.jpg

When you have first time journal and bagseed in the title, we (the members) know what it's all about. We've all been there, experimenting with out bagseed adventures and finding our way to harvest, good or bad. I'm not big on outdoor but I'll try and help out where I can. Keep doing what your doing, cuz things are looking good.

A good horticultural oil will work, you can get insecticidal soaps at your big box hardware store. Neem is expensive but very effective, get whatever you can to kill the buggers. Cheers

When you have first time journal and bagseed in the title, we (the members) know what it's all about. We've all been there, experimenting with out bagseed adventures and finding our way to harvest, good or bad. I'm not big on outdoor but I'll try and help out where I can. Keep doing what your doing, cuz things are looking good.

A good horticultural oil will work, you can get insecticidal soaps at your big box hardware store. Neem is expensive but very effective, get whatever you can to kill the buggers. Cheers

I am more comfortable indoors with my tent....after reading and catchin up I am ready to clear out the cob-webs and see where I stand with my gear. I was reading about Bonsai Mums and kinda digging it. I have cloned before so I should be able to incorporate easily enough. I want to get a couple of nice strains going perpetual soon if I get my hands on the right seeds.

From just a few years ago, so many techniques have evolved I feel like I'm starting over but with a much better foundation than when I first discovered :420:

Grow-On!

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom