Save those Dead leaves!

mc1548

- I had a 1 gallon Ziploc baggie full of dead throwaway leaves, "no Bud". First I ran it through the wacky willies $500 bubble hash machine and got a small amount of Hash. I was going to throw away this dead leaf already washed left over junk but I decided to cook it just to see if there was anything good left in it. I got out the Crockpot, put 4 cups of cheap oil is about 2 cups of water and the un-ground old brown dead leaves, set the Crockpot on low and let it cook overnight. The next day I let it cool a little bit and squeezed the mixture through cheese cloth. I then cooked it up in a cheap spice cake mix, the mix was to watery so I added three eggs & a little flour because the recipe called for 1/3 cup of oil and I put in about 3 cups of oil/THC mix, (or I'm thinking that all the THC had been washed out and that may be cannabinoids were all that were left?) Now for the surprising part, I ate a 3" x 3" piece of the cake thinking that if I was lucky I might feel a little bit. I felt a whole lot and it seemed to last all night and I was still lightheaded the next day. If someone had told me this I wouldn't have believe them! So don't throw out your leaves, cook them and post your results.

steaming the leaves in water and Jack Daniels on low setting in the micro seems to produce a tea/parsley flavored result, no high to speak of however.

I'd skip the water. The reason the oil works is because the active chemicals in your pot attach themselves to the fat molecules in the oil or butter or whatever. The water would only complicate this process.

But you are absolutely right. Keep all your trimmings. The only parts of the plant that don't have something to offer are the roots and the really thick stems (bigger than a pencil). Snip all your little stems into short pieces and dry it along with your trimmings.

Too bad I live all the way over on the wet side. I'd give you all my roots for free .... once the plants are done using them.

i use the roots to make a topical cream that simply stops arthritic pain. i'm in spokane and will take any roots anyone is going to toss.

I sure would like to know how to make that too!

quick and easy directions --dry, grind, or somehow break up roots into small pieces put in crock pot with 3 cups of water and 3 cups of oil (the water will keep you from deep frying the roots) adjust liquids to cover the roots, cook for 10-12 hours , let cool and strain off the roots they can be used again,put liquid in freezer the water and oil will separate and the water freezes up and you can pour or scrape off the oil(i also add lavender to the roots before cooking if i have any). the hard part is getting it thick i use beeswax added a little at a time to hot oil to mix it when it cools if not thick enough add more wax, I think it would be easier to use coconut oil because it is a solid at 75 deg. F am going to try it next batch. external use only it has no thc in it only some alkaloids.

Back
Top Bottom