Schedule 1 News

This sounds like hopeful news. Even if it only winds up being a vote in the House

I'd be paying a lot more attention to that if the country wasn't so strongly divided between democrats & sensible republicans and the Trumpster republicans right now, plus it being an election year.

It could be an honest attempt at change. On the other hand, it could just as easily be a combination of a democrat majority House supporting a bill that it knows a republican majority Senate won't pass. Or of a woman who has been chosen as a candidate for Vice President choosing to sponsor a bill that will help offset her earlier cannabis-related conviction record (or, depending on when she decided to add her sponsorship to it, someone who had a pretty good chance of being picked to be a candidate for Vice President). Her stance on cannabis seems to have changed/evolved over time, though - so I hope it doesn't turn out to be the latter. (In other words, I don't believe she needs some kind of whitewash, because it was already clear to anyone who cared enough about the issue to do the research.)

Nancy is just trying to further divide the congress, using this dead issue as a battering ram to beat President Trump over the head with. Congress is wasting their time voting on crap that can never go any further than the partisan House and they are testing the good people's patience. They need to cooperate with the President and get this economy opened back up, and deal with the violence suddenly on the streets of every Democrat run city in the USA. Instead, she takes up this boondoggle.

Congress already decided this years ago when they approved the USDHHS to be able to hold the patent that is currently restricting all research and studies into medical cannabis, and despite all the bluster, nothing can be done until that patent runs out in 2023. Mitch is not the one stopping this... all of congress made a side deal with big Pharma years ago, and no one is willing to give up the perks and bonuses that big Pharma provides for our legislators...

This bill will go nowhere. It is all politics, and you are being sucked into believing that Nancy actually cares about this issue. She cares about nothing other than defeating Trump before he is able to topple the Deep State and will use any issue like this that she thinks energizes her base to blame the present administration for all of our problems. Remember that it was her party that gave this 10 year window to big Pharma in the first place... what you see today is nothing but show.

Flies love turds and humans love money. Wave some under their noses and you'll get things going. As long as you don't get things confused and wave money under the fly's nose you'll do okay. The humans can't smell any more because of the coronavirus so they might think the turd's a snickers bar. I don't know how that would turn out, to be honest.

I didn't realize you were one of those QAnon coneheads.
I am a registered Independent observer of the human condition. Nancy has had decades to deal with this, but she has not. Her party caused this, but all of congress is to blame for going along with it. Big Pharma is your enemy and who controls this situation, and now Congress gets to play their games and assign blame to everyone but the ones who caused the problem, while acting like they are in control.

Psychotropic drugs cause free thinking. This is the true reason it is illegal... people smoking pot think for themselves, and this can not be allowed. Until we free ourselves from the stifling oppression that lifelong congressional appointments have caused our nation, this insanity will continue. There is no difference between parties really... it is all a game.

As far as I care- the make up wearing politicians can all go eat a dick. And screw all the people legalizing weed just for big corporate takeovers.

FE202743-DB38-4E20-927C-940BFCD91B4C.jpeg

Well, @Emilya has got the whole situation figured out and it makes me sad.

I’m going to keep believing that any step in a positive direction, even if for show, can’t be all bad. I just think it defies logic for weed, something that has proven medical use by now, - hasn't it? - to continue to be on schedule 1. I like to follow rules. That may not be popular here but I really do if I can. I just wish they’d change this scheduling to something more sensible. What they have now is like outlawing the growing of tomato plants.

Yeah, the DEA just won a legal issue about CBD type products. If the percentage of THC rises above .3% at any point during the "manufacturing" process, it's technically considered to be in violation of the <.3% THC rule even if the actual end product would, otherwise, not be. E.g., someone wants to make a fortified food product out of a high CBD / trace THC harvest, so they first do an extraction run and end up with a big chunk of concentrate that's 80% CBD / 5% THC and... whoops.

Will it happen, eventually? Probably. But I'm not betting anyone that it'll happen tomorrow. Or the day after. . . .

My take is that legal or not seems there is no shortage. And If Obama had taken it off the schedule 1 list when asked to do so we would be much farther ahead.

Back
Top Bottom