SCROG or tie down

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm already past the point of no return with these girls. My plan was to train them and tie them down during veg and keep an even canopy during flower. Actually, my plan was to do this to one, but, I like training. :) This is growing fem lemon kush across or around a milk crate.

But with four more weeks to veg I'm wondering if it makes sense to plan on SCROgging them both under something I've yet to build or plan for????

Right now they are about six inches, maybe eight tall but almost spread across/around the milk crate already.

I have FIM and LST both. I'm thinking I've got over twenty branch sites already and that was my goal.

I only have a 4x4 tent 400mh (now) with two autos in there also. I attached a top view of them. My grow is down below in my signature. Thanks!#

20141216_215424.jpg

By SCROGging I mean use a net, wire or some contraption to keep her manageable. I'm thinking my pipe cleaners and wire might become hard to manage. Or, I'm over thinking it, again :)

It's my profile pic, isn't it? :)

Or did I post my question in the wrong area?

Or cause I'm a new guy?

I'm 0 for 2 with questions so far, anyone want to clue me in why nobody has two cents I'd be happy to hear.

I would use garden wire and tie them down. It's never too late to open them up and spread em out. And with 20 plus budsites, a screen will help support them when they get fat. You can wait till you go into flower to scrog them. Just make sure and get it on before they start to stretch

I would use garden wire and tie them down. It's never too late to open them up and spread em out. And with 20 plus budsites, a screen will help support them when they get fat. You can wait till you go into flower to scrog them. Just make sure and get it on before they start to stretch

Thanks, been watching your grows(s) appreciate the help

Anytime man. I would have done it to my massive pc plant but didn't have the space when she started flowering. She is tied down all over the place though.

The point you made about dealing with the weight in flowering makes me think. I'm trying to resist some cage contraption, but if it works and makes sense then I'll do it.

With that many tops the branches will lean when they get weight on them, so it's definitely a good safety measure, and if it's not needed it's easy to cut the screen out. Better safe than sorry, so you're on the right path

About how high wood my screen be above the crown of the plant?

And, Ill watch more closely with others but, when is it put down? Before or during flower? I need to read more on this, but thanks for what you can help with.

About 8 inches is the usual height above plants. You'll want to do it right around the time you're gonna flower, that way you can weave it into screen as it stretches and try to keep all the budsites level. If you start now, weave the plant through till screen is 75 full, then flip and it will fill in rest with stretch. Once canopy is set you can lollipop everything below the screen

One last, I have two lemon kush, would you do both under one screen, or do them separately? I have two autos in there now which might run one month into the kush flowering. But I was thinking a , 3x3 or 3x2.5 or something for both under one. So much learning to do...

If you have the light to cover it then yes, you can do them both under one screen. It'll make it impossible to move them around, but they'll do nicely.

Been thinking it over and I think I'm going to plan for worst case, that being I need to get them out. So, thinking I'm going to make individual crates over each one. I've got some 3/4 pvc, some glue, string, and a lot of examples on this site to work off.

Kind of excited, but also nervous, makes it exciting!

That's a smart move. It makes it easier to lollipop and defol when you can rotate the plant. My first grow was a fixed in place system and it drove me nuts. Can't wait to see what you get going

Been thinking it over and I think I'm going to plan for worst case, that being I need to get them out. So, thinking I'm going to make individual crates over each one. I've got some 3/4 pvc, some glue, string, and a lot of examples on this site to work off.

Kind of excited, but also nervous, makes it exciting!

Atleast this way you will be able to get light to the finishing autos. With a scrog screen you would probably end up shading the lower half of the auto plants.

Getting ready, got 10 gallon tub to hold each milk crate, screen almost ready -- What do you guys think, this pic is a dry run::
20141229_065015.jpg

It's about ten inches above root

20141229_064956.jpg

Good advice Peyton. :Namaste: and others,,, just an update on this. Went separate screens for my SCROG. Only regret is I didn't stick to my plan of 20 colas, there's around 30 so they won't be as big, otherwise chugging along couple weeks to finish:

20150214_065813.jpg

20150214_065702.jpg

Thank you, 420

:thumb:

Thank you! The one on the right which is four days behind, I found a cluster of nanners under the screen, and a bolt of one nanner, on one top/cola. This was last week. I also think I might see one seed pod. But nothing more, and I get in there pretty well. I think it was a light leak which I've since fixed.

The oldest one on the left, 95 days today, 42 in flower, hasn't shown anything in terms of male parts.

I'm excited to watch them bulk up each day for the next few weeks. This is the icing on the cake.

Well, smoking them is nice too, but sitting back and just chilling while they produce is pretty rewarding also.

Thanks for stopping by!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom