Scrog: tops too close together?

Might be my first grow but I read a ton on the topic. Autos are generally not meant for scrog. Scrog usually requires a few toppings and autos generally should not topped much . Maybe once is ok . That's because your against a clock. You don't want to over stress the plant right before flip and you don't have a say when that is with autos. Don't confuse the use of a trellis net to a scrog. You might see. Mr Canuck on YouTube use a trellis but it's really only to support and gently guide the tops. He is not really doing a scrog. Check out his auto closet grow. The guy does a great job with his autos. I think autos are mostly LST training. In your case with only 4 ft to the roof you maybe coul get a net in early to get it low as possible to have more ease keeping her down. I never seen a scrog done in that size tent. Let's see what the more experienced folks say. What strain is your auto? That will help on a deciding factor for sure .

Might be my first grow but I read a ton on the topic. Autos are generally not meant for scrog. Scrog usually requires a few toppings and autos generally should not topped much . Maybe once is ok . That's because your against a clock. You don't want to over stress the plant right before flip and you don't have a say when that is with autos. Don't confuse the use of a trellis net to a scrog. You might see. Mr Canuck on YouTube use a trellis but it's really only to support and gently guide the tops. He is not really doing a scrog. Check out his auto closet grow. The guy does a great job with his autos.
Ya i knowautos to small as well. That's why I'm waiting to scrog my tangerine dream. Last night i diff its first LST. She responded nicely. Standing right up! So thanks everyone for help

Might be my first grow but I read a ton on the topic. Autos are generally not meant for scrog. Scrog usually requires a few toppings and autos generally should not topped much . Maybe once is ok . That's because your against a clock. You don't want to over stress the plant right before flip and you don't have a say when that is with autos. Don't confuse the use of a trellis net to a scrog. You might see. Mr Canuck on YouTube use a trellis but it's really only to support and gently guide the tops. He is not really doing a scrog. Check out his auto closet grow. The guy does a great job with his autos. I think autos are mostly LST training. In your case with only 4 ft to the roof you maybe coul get a net in early to get it low as possible to have more ease keeping her down. I never seen a scrog done in that size tent. Let's see what the more experienced folks say. What strain is your auto? That will help on a deciding factor for sure .
Ok. So where can i get a scrog net? All i see is trellis

Ok. So where can i get a scrog net? All i see is trellis
It’s the Same thing. How you used it for support or holding plant down determines scrog. Often you will see 2 layer. The upper nets are for supporting heavy buds. The first lower layer is the scrog. I don’t anticipate needing upper layers as my plant is ver strong and grows slow. If your plant is all stretchy. Then you might want a support layer a foot or so above. Some people use hard mesh and others use soft trellis. Depends on the plants and how you prefer to scrog. There are pros and cons to both types. Hard mesh will be harder to weave plants thru and if your plant is like mine you might easily break it moving pieces. The mesh can be lifted and is more gentle. You can see my trellis mesh holes were so big I woven another rope thru it to make smaller holes. It allows more places to pull the right node plant into. Just be careful and and mesh trellis is fine to start. I might try a hard mesh in a later grow.

Oh and there is a nice benefit of making your own. Often people hate having to cut up the trellis to get it out of the buds later. If you use twine straight across your pvc set it up just wrapping screwheads on the pvc. That way you can cut one end of the string and gently pull it through the buds without making a mess of everything. Definitely the best option.

4weeks flower tomorrow cheese

Nice looking buds, had some bubbas gift a while back. If his kush is anything like it, great stuff.. Yeah I hear good things about then, they similar to my meizhi. I have 2 450's in my 3x3 for my first grow..
Hope the do well. See people get roughly a gram per watt(true watt) for both brands, I'll be happy if I even get 1/3 that for my first grow.

You can scrog anything. Its just the autos you have a limited time to set it up before it flowers and is over. If you jam packed tops it will still work and you'll get good grams/watt its just you might not get as massive of nugs.

You can scrog anything. Its just the autos you have a limited time to set it up before it flowers and is over. If you jam packed tops it will still work and you'll get good grams/watt its just you might not get as massive of nugs.
Probably me being a noob but i cant grow then bigger than 2 feet tall lol . the autos i ordered stay small i think. It's only my second grow . rigjt now as we speak my Royal Cheese JUST made an appearance

Probably me being a noob but i cant grow then bigger than 2 feet tall lol . the autos i ordered stay small i think. It's only my second grow . rigjt now as we speak my Royal Cheese JUST made an appearance
Dutch passion are the guys for over sized autos if you're wanting something bigger mate. Everything they do is capable of a pound per plant. Night queen been my favourite so far. Rediculously strong for an auto. Mephisto got quite a few big ones too and there's are even stronger.

No shit bro! Thanks. I can't go to big cause im limited on space but i tie them anyway. Awesome info. I usually go with Barneys or. Fastbuds

No shit bro! Thanks. I can't go to big cause im limited on space but i tie them anyway. Awesome info. I usually go with Barneys or. Fastbuds
Done Fast buds blue dream auto last year. It was beautiful. Caught me out though. Was my first time using hps (usually led) and they ended up 4ft lanky beasts. They'd be pretty impressive plants if grown properly though and the smoke is amazing.

Dutch passion are the guys for over sized autos if you're wanting something bigger mate. Everything they do is capable of a pound per plant. Night queen been my favourite so far. Rediculously strong for an auto. Mephisto got quite a few big ones too and there's are even stronger.
Matter of fact i just ordered some Tangerine Dream photoperiod. Im gonna flip it at 3 weeks cause of space issues but i did that with a friends clone and got quite a bit of bud

Matter of fact i just ordered some Tangerine Dream photoperiod. Im gonna flip it at 3 weeks cause of space issues but i did that with a friends clone and got quite a bit of bud

I Had space issues my first couple grows, was a stressful nightmare. On the plus side though I can now do a pounder in 26inches of grow space lol.

Back
Top Bottom