Scrog: tops too close together?

It is a nightmare. But like you said i grt to learn a lot. You do photos or autos mostly?
Bit of both mate. Had more luck with autos so far thpugh tbh. Managed 1 at 22oz but record for photos is only 14oz per square metre.they just don't fill out for me in coco for some reason. switched to cmh/hps now and Getting much better buds but still not getting the yield. Keep stretching them too much with it. Hopefully got it this time though with the hempys. Gonna do sog style next time with some mainlined photos and a couple 12/12 autos if theres any space and see how that goes. Then reveg a couple of those photos while I do a full auto run. That s the plan anyway. Got tons of seeds there so might as well use em all while they're fresh :)

Sick!!!! Ya i got a 2x2x4 tent but 3 5 gallon fabric pots fit perfect. Ive got a royal cheese n a sweet tooth n waiting on my green crack to say hello. 600 watt Viparspectra LED with 260 actual watts

Sick!!!! Ya i got a 2x2x4 tent but 3 5 gallon fabric pots fit perfect. Ive got a royal cheese n a sweet tooth n waiting on my green crack to say hello. 600 watt Viparspectra LED with 260 actual watts
I used 2 of the mars equivalents for my 22 like. Could've gotten a lot more if I'd filled the footprint properly. Those types of blurples get a hard time but they do well if you use them right.
Saw someone earlier who was absolutely smashing a scrogg with 2 of those vipar. Looked like he was smashing my record easily. I'll tag you if I spot him again. Just gotta keep em short, fat and even. No good having 4 footers cos only the top 10inch gets propper tidy buds. Good lights though.

So here we are 2 weeks from flip. We have about 6 inches stretch. And plants starting to top themselves to buds. Defoliation is done top and bottom. With a blanket of fans leaves across the net to use all the light. Tops are spaced as best as I can and it's being left alone now. Water gets swapped tonight for its last transition nutrients. Right is definitely a bit crammed but looks like I'll get enough airflow. Should get a little bit more height.

Attachments

• Image-30.jpg
    Image-30.jpg
    516.2 KB · Views: 83
I used 2 of the mars equivalents for my 22 like. Could've gotten a lot more if I'd filled the footprint properly. Those types of blurples get a hard time but they do well if you use them right.
Saw someone earlier who was absolutely smashing a scrogg with 2 of those vipar. Looked like he was smashing my record easily. I'll tag you if I spot him again. Just gotta keep em short, fat and even. No good having 4 footers cos only the top 10inch gets propper tidy buds. Good lights though.
Hey bro thanks!

So here we are a few weeks later , just starting second week of powder. Some pistols starting to turn brown slightly. Of the 3 plants, I think the biggest does have 2 many tops as it has the smallest buds. The smallest plant with about 8 tops reacted to the powder the best. Figure a week left or 2 befo flush. I just don't think the light can do well enough but I think I'm happy so far with my first grow. Considering all the mistakes things are looking good. :) there will be lots of popcorn as it's a bit too tight together at the top of the canopy. Too many fan leaves had to be sacrificed just to get some penetration. The taller colas and everything on the left is cbd shark shock. Right all even height is California hash plant.

Attachments

• Image-45.jpg
    Image-45.jpg
    629.4 KB · Views: 59
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    764.8 KB · Views: 65
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    679.1 KB · Views: 55
Good ol scrogs. My answer to your question would be your in flower, at this point taking off fans that shade is all you can really do. A trick For a slow growing plant over others is to lift it up closer to net then others to help keep it caught up but that is done before flipping to 12/12. Now for a nice scrog after your last net tuck on plants is to give them all one or two weeks to turn up and begin growth then flip 12. Really what it will come down to no matter how much you read or watch videos every scrog grow will be different and I mean every single one. Plants never grow the same just close to how they done before . The learning you will get each time will be priceless. You are a little to far ahead and in flower mode for me to give you different ideas to change how the net is filled. I will tell you another thing about scrogging. The more you know your plants the better your nets will be. A must to know how your plants grow to be able to lst, top and scrog the plants into the nets. I will also recommend putting a second net six or seven inches above your bottom net. Using two is the way to go. Bottom net trains plant and top net support all the buds from falling over. Hope I said something to help. Been a scrog jedi for many years and a huge fan of any I see being used. Take car wish you the best.
:passitleft:
Soooo nice for another fellow grower to actually know the concept of scrogging unlike many many others wats up my fellow coloradoian

Probably me being a noob but i cant grow then bigger than 2 feet tall lol . the autos i ordered stay small i think. It's only my second grow . rigjt now as we speak my Royal Cheese JUST made an appearance
I'm new too and i feel ya on the autos, going to pheno's next. my harvests have been not good to say the least, not because of the plant because of newbie at the helm lol

I'm new too and i feel ya on the autos, going to pheno's next. my harvests have been not good to say the least, not because of the plant because of newbie at the helm lol
Ive learned since! Follow feeding schedule, get autos that are known high yield and wow what a diiference. I just harvested a Sweet Tooth auto....5 ounces. Takes time to learn.

Ive learned since! Follow feeding schedule, get autos that are known high yield and wow what a diiference. I just harvested a Sweet Tooth auto....5 ounces. Takes time to learn.
tried train wrecks and white widows, like i said its operator error lol

Scrogster , CO finest , Guy Cavallero and everyone else....
I have a bit of an issue here. I started 4 plants wayyyyy back in September 2019. I grew them under a 4 buld T5 and 2 walmart plant light leds. LOL. On March 25th 2020 i put up a Scrog set up(4x5 space). I finally am able to flower as i jist received some new lights for growing. They are kingbrite 240w 35k w/660nm. I ordered 4, i have 2 at the moment. My problem is plants got massive, filled the entire space. I had the scrog net 24 inches from rafters, 32 inches from flooring(space inbetween rafters). As of right now my plants are about 12 inches from rafter and 20 inches away from touching absolute ceiling between rafters/floor joise. I was planning on flipping under the 65k T5 for 10 days or so to avoid stretch. I know they will still grow a lil bit. Once i put the kingbrite in place they will be 4 inches lower then rafters(that way i can get air up there to keep em cool). Then the plants are only 8 inches from light. I can dim them down but i feel like the plants will touch the lights before they have finished. Could i top all of them? Id be cutting them down alot. The tallest are 20 inches above the scrog net. I cant lower the net else i risk breaking alot of branches. Im going to build and install a 2nd net to support the nuggs. So should i cut away all but 8 to 10 inches of branches? If so, how long should i wait to heal before flipping them. Any help is greatly appreciated. Time is of utmost importance

I had that problem before I just trimmed them down to size and gave them two weeks to recover then flipped them.

I had that problem before I just trimmed them down to size and gave them two weeks to recover then flipped them.
Did everything turn out good? I was on thcfarmer.com, i posted the same question. Everyone on there keeps saying bend them or tie them down flat to the screen. But at this point i dont see that being possible. Everything is super crowded already and if i tie them down i will have multiple branches growing side by side right up against each other. Will i get a smaller yeild if i cut them and then wait 2 weeks befor i flip?

Back
Top Bottom