Second, pro opinion

indochronic

So shes a Strawberry lemonade in DWC, 1st week (give or take a couple days) in flower. 1.4 -1.8 EC. But im not sure if i added Cal/Mag.
Either way im making a fresh mix with fresh water with some Cal/mag added. Have been spraying with Neem also, but rying to be careful and do it before lights off and higher the fans and dim the light a lil to avoid burn stress etc.
This is what im using.
PS. i dont PH in soil anymore as my PH meter broke so only a EC meter. Im sure PH is more important in DWC, but iv been working without for a while now.
Happy growing:peace:
IMG_3299.JPG
IMG_3300.JPG
IMG_3305.JPG

Color is off as I’m sure you’ve noticed, mag helps to power up the chlorophyll and the red stems are further proof of mag def

cheapie ph & ppm meter vivosun on amazon 20 for the pair, i hate checking ph but does good to check every couple of weeks to see what your base water is before you start mixing. Also when you mix your soup add the cal mag first stir & wait 10 minutes then add your NPK, check your ph to see what the range is and if necessary adjust to 6.3

Thanks for the replys. I think il have to gat a chaep PH pen then, but how do yall maintain the cheap probes? do i leave it in a small glass of water so it doesnt dry out?
Because the Bluelabs one i had obviously dryed out and went bad and there 90$ to replace F that. So my rain water i believe is 5.5 -6 i believe and tap water is 7.5 - 8.
I also hoping the nutes i add also have a buffer also. I just added a fresh batch of 1.4 EC for now anyway and hope something PH avaible :)

being a smaller grower and not HAVING to check PH everyday its makes keep Ph pens an extra task. I feel like we still get quality control without a PH pen, and lock into are common sense in a way. I guess natual hydro growing works i must look into it.
Growing in soil or ProMix means not having to pH adjust your nutes. Growing in hydro means you have to every time.
I must check that out sounds intresing. By hempy do u mean just hemp itself?
Hempy is a style of growing (also called Dutch Bucket or Bato Bucket) where the growing medium is well-rinsed perlite and nothing else!
And for anyone that might know, i often get tiny white worms in the water and there just bobbin around are they good or do i need to change the water then?
Like I said, I'm no hydro grower, but I've been around enough to know that you should not have worms in your bucket!

being a smaller grower and not HAVING to check PH everyday its makes keep Ph pens an extra task. I feel like we still get quality control without a PH pen, and lock into are common sense in a way. I guess natual hydro growing works i must look into it.

You'll have to ph adjust or you'll have problems with dwc. Rdwc or most hydroponics. I'm sure you'll get some return...but as Shed pointed out, nutrients are available only within a certain range, in hydroponics that would be 5.8-6.5 . Outside those numbers and certain nutrients don't get uptaken.

Reservoir should be changed out every 7-10 days or if needed sooner.

Could you upload a pic of those worms? I'm no bug guy but I'm sure someone on here might identify it.

The cost of the cheap ph probe? It'll Save tenfold in yield returns over its lifetime.

Oh and I have no clue what you mean by natural hydro growing? Aquaponics? Anthroponics?

Or using beneficial microbes, bacteria and fungi? I use beneficial bacteria and fungi...and guess what....still gotta ph...

I'm not trying to say it can't be done. But if your not going to do the extra tasks or invest serious money...hydroponics might not get you the results you hope for.
That being said, I'd love to be wrong on this and would love to learn it...except Anthroponics....I'll pass on that one

If you want to look into the easiest method for hydroponics, there's the Kratky method, you can get it to work for mj I'm sure.

Could the tiny worms b just broken off roots? Otherwise I’m not sure what they could b, but yes pH unfortunately is very important in DWC, if u change ur water weekly u don’t need to check the pH daily “although it doesn’t hurt” just make sure it is between 5.6-6.2, I usually shoot for 5.8 so if it drifts a little it’s still it a good stop

Could the tiny worms b just broken off roots? Otherwise I’m not sure what they could b, but yes pH unfortunately is very important in DWC, if u change ur water weekly u don’t need to check the pH daily “although it doesn’t hurt” just make sure it is between 5.6-6.2, I usually shoot for 5.8 so if it drifts a little it’s still it a good stop
They do kinda look like that just small root tips, but these things move like a human trying to do the worm lol. Once a week is not bad no wounder my hydro nutes have been lasting so long :laughtwo: And for sure gona get my hands on a PH pen again.

You'll have to ph adjust or you'll have problems with dwc. Rdwc or most hydroponics. I'm sure you'll get some return...but as Shed pointed out, nutrients are available only within a certain range, in hydroponics that would be 5.8-6.5 . Outside those numbers and certain nutrients don't get uptaken.

Reservoir should be changed out every 7-10 days or if needed sooner.

Could you upload a pic of those worms? I'm no bug guy but I'm sure someone on here might identify it.

The cost of the cheap ph probe? It'll Save tenfold in yield returns over its lifetime.

Oh and I have no clue what you mean by natural hydro growing? Aquaponics? Anthroponics?

Or using beneficial microbes, bacteria and fungi? I use beneficial bacteria and fungi...and guess what....still gotta ph...

I'm not trying to say it can't be done. But if your not going to do the extra tasks or invest serious money...hydroponics might not get you the results you hope for.
That being said, I'd love to be wrong on this and would love to learn it...except Anthroponics....I'll pass on that one

If you want to look into the easiest method for hydroponics, there's the Kratky method, you can get it to work for mj I'm sure.

Unfountunally i got rid of the water they were in but iv seen they before almost every time i grow hydro. il besure to get a pic of them. actually might have some in the other DWC plant il check tomorrow.

Natural like out in the wild, i guess aquaponics and now that i think of it some lakes have a kinda EBB and Flo (if thats the correct one) Where they fill up maby a couple times in winter and spring and dry out abit in summer.
I never but hugh effort into DWC when i do grow them just a lil training and small amounts of nutes (depending on strain) and for the most part things have been good not perfect, were aiming for perfect here :)

Growing in soil or ProMix means not having to pH adjust your nutes. Growing in hydro means you have to every time.

Hempy is a style of growing (also called Dutch Bucket or Bato Bucket) where the growing medium is well-rinsed perlite and nothing else!

Like I said, I'm no hydro grower, but I've been around enough to know that you should not have worms in your bucket!

Ahh yes the Dutch bucket iv heard and seen a lil of. Yea maby there not good then :hmmmm::laughtwo: i just assumed they were water microbes doing good for the plant. but i just quick googled water microbes and it seems the waters suppose to be pure clean, for human consumption anyway.
If there in my pond too il see if i can get some good shots of them for yall

All good information here. Ph,ph,ph. I change out my res. once a week so you will have no problems like little white worms, not good. During late veg and through early to mid flower I may have to adjust the ph in the res. a couple times during that week. Settles to a slow rise as flowering gets on. Don't us a pen but drops. They are way cheaper and only a small learning curve to read properly. One bit of good info not mentioned. What is your water temp? I like to keep my res. around 65F. Once you top 70 then you open the doors for all kinds of nasties to take hold. I also run a clean res. meaning sterile so no microbes at all. Plants are totally depended on what I feed them so Ph has to be right on for them to uptake what is there. Roots stay pearly white and the res. sides are squeaky clean. :ganjamon:

Apologies I crashed & burned hard last night. Even tho I hate adjusting ph it’s important to note that soil buffers or covers for ph fluctuations in the water so the ph doesn’t matter to soil grows. However hydro requires that you adjust ph

Ditto on what bluenoserjoe said, most run sterile but you prolly need to add h202 to beat those worms

Bluter runs monsters in 2 liters using hempy style Bluters Journal

Apologies I crashed & burned hard last night. Even tho I hate adjusting ph it’s important to note that soil buffers or covers for ph fluctuations in the water so the ph doesn’t matter to soil grows. However hydro requires that you adjust ph

Ditto on what bluenoserjoe said, most run sterile but you prolly need to add h202 to beat those worms

Bluter runs monsters in 2 liters using hempy style Bluters Journal

Typing and reading makes me tired too :smokin:I must check his J out then. sounds like alot of space saving there with pots etc.
Much love

So a quick feed back since i renewed the DwC nutes. last week. without PH. So im assuming my Solutions have a buffer in it and in a couple days im guessing its gona be unstable again and deficiencies will start appearing soon. But she did blow up in size
Now she looks fine apart from leaf tips/ edges warping/ curiling and if i remember correctly thats a Ph thang.
if so that makes sence
IMG_3322.JPG

Newer growth
IMG_3328.JPG
IMG_3326.JPG

Back
Top Bottom