Seed bank: Bad seeds

Greenthumbwomon

420 Member
Hi, I’ve been growing a number of years and the last year seeds seem faulty. Germination rates not good. The last I ordered from Attitude Seeds disappointed me totally. They say they will refer my complaint to the breeder for replacement But the breeder I chose does not ship to the USA. I’m feeling pretty screwed out 170.00 and bad seeds. With no guarantee. If I have a fail that means I have to go to medical dispensary for preground flower. It’s expensive and weak. I’ll never order from attitude again.

Hi, I’ve been growing a number of years and the last year seeds seem faulty. Germination rates not good. The last I ordered from Attitude Seeds disappointed me totally. They say they will refer my complaint to the breeder for replacement But the breeder I chose does not ship to the USA. I’m feeling pretty screwed out 170.00 and bad seeds. With no guarantee. If I have a fail that means I have to go to medical dispensary for preground flower. It’s expensive and weak. I’ll never order from attitude again.
I'd stick with our sponsors- many of whom are kind enough to provide discounts to our members.

All the same, I'm sorry to hear of your experience- I know what it's like to watch your bank account drain so you can access proper pain medication.

there are loads of reasons seedlings fail. a small change in environment or unnoticed pest can wreak havoc until the issue gets diagnosed.

that said, sticking with board sponsors always offers an extra layer of protection. the suppliers on this board are aware they have a rep to maintain, and are serious about doing so.

Try contacting the breeder directly, explaining which vendor you purchased their seeds from, and if there is any way the three of you can work together to have that vendor act as the middleman for shipment purposes. It might not help - but it might, and international telephone calls are relatively inexpensive, these days (certainly less than $170). Email is free, of course, and gives you the option of including pictures of the breeder packaging (proof that you bought their merchandise) and invoice/ etc. (proof that you bought them from that vendor).

BtW, welcome to 420 Magazine.

there are loads of reasons seedlings fail. a small change in environment or unnoticed pest can wreak havoc until the issue gets diagnosed.

that said, sticking with board sponsors always offers an extra layer of protection. the suppliers on this board are aware they have a rep to maintain, and are serious about doing so.
Thanks for the advice. I watch my environment and my ph etc. Been doing this for 13 years maybe because it’s the thirteenth year and next year will be better lol. I was using herbies and things great then after Brexit they had some glitches on the site. I’ll check out your sponsors

I'd stick with our sponsors- many of whom are kind enough to provide discounts to our members.

All the same, I'm sorry to hear of your experience- I know what it's like to watch your bank account drain so you can access proper pain medication.
Tyvm. Glad I signed up here. Our medical is 85 a quarter for ground up flower that never smells like what I grow. And the last had seeds. Finally got some skunk I guess it said SKN on label. that worked but then they not have it anymore. Life on the prairie

Have used said seed bank for years, only ever had one fail and they sent replacements overnight (UK)
Yes, they launched a new site this year which had some teething problems
Cannot disagree with the advice to try our sponsors though as I'm certain they will look after you

Try contacting the breeder directly, explaining which vendor you purchased their seeds from, and if there is any way the three of you can work together to have that vendor act as the middleman for shipment purposes. It might not help - but it might, and international telephone calls are relatively inexpensive, these days (certainly less than $170). Email is free, of course, and gives you the option of including pictures of the breeder packaging (proof that you bought their merchandise) and invoice/ etc. (proof that you bought them from that vendor).

BtW, welcome to 420 Magazine.
Barney’s farm is the breeder. I see they’re on here but I don’t think they ship to us

Barney’s farm is the breeder. I see they’re on here but I don’t think they ship to us
Also attitude cuts up the packaging but good advice tyvm

image.jpg

Thanks for the advice. I watch my environment and my ph etc. Been doing this for 13 years maybe because it’s the thirteenth year and next year will be better lol. I was using herbies and things great then after Brexit they had some glitches on the site. I’ll check out your sponsors

we got a bad bag of soil once and everything would come up and keel. soil was too hot. we didn't get it sorted til after two sets had been killed off.

tried another bag of the same stuff, same brand, and they took off with no trouble.

we got a bad bag of soil once and everything would come up and keel. soil was too hot. we didn't get it sorted til after two sets had been killed off.

tried another bag of the same stuff, same brand, and they took off with no trouble.
Yeah know what you mean. Had a bad run of soil last grow.
These are failing to thrive at the germination stage before soil. Tiny little root that fails to grow past 1/16 out of seed. Two had a black dot on roots. I might get a few going out of this. But new bag of soil is good idea becausethe two of five I germinated are pokey a slow. I use pro mix hp my and have used happy frog. Any recommendations?

These are failing to thrive at the germination stage before soil. Tiny little root that fails to grow past 1/16 out of seed.

that could point to old seed stock. i've had old seed crack and not go much past.

Two had a black dot on roots.

that could be a fungus. it's shown up in a couple threads. never seen it in person but have talked to others local who got that in their grows.

But new bag of soil is good idea because the two of five I germinated are pokey a slow. I use pro mix hp my and have used happy frog. Any recommendations?

hp is actually my go to. i think it was a fox farm seedling soil that burnt us. we had two bags and tried the second on a whim, and it all worked out. just mixed the bad one in with regular soil and used it on the bigger plants at up pot.

edit : i should add i'm actually in hempy these days.

I told attitude I thought seeds old. But you can’t say the “G” word at attitude so you can’t explain what’s going on.
They say they buy small batches so can’t be old. They will go to breeders and bla bla. But I will take advice and call Barney’s next week if they fail.
and I think you’re right on fungus with those spots. Two so far like that

I told attitude I thought seeds old. But you can’t say the “G” word at attitude so you can’t explain what’s going on.
They say they buy small batches so can’t be old. They will go to breeders and bla bla. But I will take advice and call Barney’s next week if they fail.
and I think you’re right on fungus with those spots. Two so far like that
They are sold as souvenirs in EU so all you have to say is that they clash with your wallpaper :cool:

Back
Top Bottom