I may have found the answer to buying seeds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan Dark

If you follow anyone on here you'll see how many people have trouble with seed vendors. I have also had this experience, VERY slow ship times, pay in advance, customs challenges, LONG ship times and spotty delivery. I had REALLY bad experiences with True North Seed Bank, as well as other European Seed banks.

On January 26th I placed my fourth order for seeds. So far only one had arrived as I am still waiting on replacements for bad product and an order from True North since mid November (I know, it's probably not coming). I placed the order with Homegrown Cannabis in San Diego. From the very beginning it was a totally different experience for these reasons:
  1. I was able to pay with Zelle, Venmo, bank ACH or a number of other methods. While there were small charges associated with some many were free. My payment was acknowledged the same day I placed the order and made payment - versus up to 15 days for some vendors and over 30 days for True North!
  2. The prices on seeds, especially their BOGO's were really good, down to $5.88/seed. Wow, compared to others it is cheap feminized and auto seeds!
  3. They shipped fast. I received notice today that my shipment is on the way, with USPS tracking from San Diego. I had ordered on Jan 26th so this is only 5 days, including a weekend. In the past seed vendors take up to 45 days to even ship a product from order date!
  4. Communication has been awesome.
Do yourself a favor and buy from a REPUTABLE, FAST seed supplier that will treat you like a customer they want to keep!

I had the same experience. Great place but I have yet to plant to see what the seeds can do
What got me to buy was the online video series they have on every aspect of growing from sprouting your seeds to care and feeding to harvest. I enjoyed being taught by master's like Kyle Cushman. Like you I haven;'t sprouted any - yet. That said, the level of professionalism makes me think they will take over the seed world. Who wants to pay more, in advance, with no care in the world about your time and money from the vendors. It's really horrible and these guys have solved what I see as all the basic problems. Personally, I'm never going to buy anywhere else!

PLEASE let me know when you pop some of these beans and I'll do the same - I have some now in water looking to pop tomorrow or Thursday!

Nirvana is my go too, international order placed Sunday night and I had it Friday morning the same week. And they guarantee delivery. Then if you pay with crypto they’ll double it free the first time.
It is stories like this that make my blood boil. This is the way it SHOULD work. I ordered from True North, it took 6 days to recognize my payment, another 22 days to prepare and ship. It's been at customs since Dec 19th and they have refused to open a case and track it. Every day it changes - today it says released Jan 30th but there is no information. I ordered from another US based seller and it took them 12 days to acknowledge payment and 15 days to ship. I get my paycheck every other week for years now in two days - but a seed seller in Sacramento took 12 days just to get my cashier's check? I I don't think so.

In 4 orders for seeds that I have placed in the last 5 months - all with 420 Sponsors, I have received just one order and the rest just delivered shitty customer experience and no seeds. $450 out of pocket so far. True North is by far the worst, refusing to even attempt to help or replace the seeds - either those undelivered or the past shitty seeds they sold me that never popped.

I am so happy you had a good experience. Thanks for the reference - I'll check em' out!

Wowowowowowow, here's the latest update. After a year of hunting for a quality seed bank vendor Homegrown Cannabis has come through. I ordered 1/26. I paid using venmo and they acknowledged the same day. Four days later I received a notice of shipment. USPS tracking came right to my door today 2/5. That's 10 DAYS from order to my door, with fantastic communication and amazing prices. I have found my Seed Bank!

I'll keep everyone posted about how the seeds work out but I finally have an abundance of riches. Thank you Homegrown!

DCSE very fast shipping lots of different strains I purchased from them mountain top mint THC 28% to 30% The breeder is Humboldt seeds

If you follow anyone on here you'll see how many people have trouble with seed vendors. I have also had this experience, VERY slow ship times, pay in advance, customs challenges, LONG ship times and spotty delivery. I had REALLY bad experiences with True North Seed Bank, as well as other European Seed banks.

On January 26th I placed my fourth order for seeds. So far only one had arrived as I am still waiting on replacements for bad product and an order from True North since mid November (I know, it's probably not coming). I placed the order with Homegrown Cannabis in San Diego. From the very beginning it was a totally different experience for these reasons:
  1. I was able to pay with Zelle, Venmo, bank ACH or a number of other methods. While there were small charges associated with some many were free. My payment was acknowledged the same day I placed the order and made payment - versus up to 15 days for some vendors and over 30 days for True North!
  2. The prices on seeds, especially their BOGO's were really good, down to $5.88/seed. Wow, compared to others it is cheap feminized and auto seeds!
  3. They shipped fast. I received notice today that my shipment is on the way, with USPS tracking from San Diego. I had ordered on Jan 26th so this is only 5 days, including a weekend. In the past seed vendors take up to 45 days to even ship a product from order date!
Do yourself a favor and buy from a REPUTABLE, FAST seed supplier that will treat you like a customer they want to keep!
I too was weary about this for a long time ,,,,so I tried the uk (cash in mail option)to discreet seeds and low and behold from day I shipped off mail 12 days later seeds in hand..everyone popped, but as far as us seeds 420, HCC, within a week ..I personally chose [DISCREET SEEDS] because they have good seeds by good reputable breeders but they give so many freebies its insane... and all good promo,seeds(Barneys farm,tastebuds ,ect)I got 16 seeds for $80 and only paid for 10...but I will say this all the seed company's I mentioned that I've purchased from have awesome genetics and all seeds have popped and produced (avg 18-30gms) a plant... auto,s..!

Nirvana is my go too, international order placed Sunday night and I had it Friday morning the same week. And they guarantee delivery. Then if you pay with crypto they’ll double it free the first time.
Do you maybe know which crypto pos system do they use? Or do you need to send them the assets off the record on their address? I've heard good things about EllyPOS but haven't seen it yet in practice to actually use it.

This would be awesome if I could buy the seeds with crypto, I'm just just worried about the legal and accounting part of it...

My go to seed company is Attitude Seed Bank, out of the UK. I've been using them for years. Their prices might be a little high, but I like the variety and you can buy 1 seed at a time, or a boat load of seeds. Grant you, it might 2 weeks to get to the U.S., but I've never failed to get my product. And just like other companies, they give you FREE seeds with your order. Many different ways to pay and many different options on discreet shipping. (which cost extra)
Just ordered 8 seeds last Saturday. They give you a tracking number so you can see how your order is progressing. Right now, my order has left the U.K. and is on it's way to the U.S.

AzLaker
:cool:

The difference in seed prices I think has to do with whether it's an F1, F2, F3 seed or not. Usually, the higher priced seeds are more stable genetics. My seeds typically cost $8 - $12 per seed. I use to buy the cheaper seeds from Discreet also. But found there is a difference in cheap seeds to higher priced seeds.

I've ordered from CSI humboldt, nothing but an amazing experience. Turn around time was probably less than 2 weeks. Prices were great and genetics they had were outstanding. They even miscounted one of my orders, I let them know and they instantly fixed the issue by getting me more within a couple days which was amazing customer service.

I also order directly from hazeman, and his genetics are amazing. Turn around is usually 2 weeks or less. By far the best deal as each seed is under $5 per seed.

My go to seed company is Attitude Seed Bank, out of the UK. I've been using them for years. Their prices might be a little high, but I like the variety and you can buy 1 seed at a time, or a boat load of seeds. Grant you, it might 2 weeks to get to the U.S., but I've never failed to get my product. And just like other companies, they give you FREE seeds with your order. Many different ways to pay and many different options on discreet shipping. (which cost extra)
Just ordered 8 seeds last Saturday. They give you a tracking number so you can see how your order is progressing. Right now, my order has left the U.K. and is on it's way to the U.S.

AzLaker
:cool:
Agreed! I’ve used Attitude for years and have never had an issue with an order. They probably are a little more costly, but for me peace of mind is priceless. Sorry about the experience….

I've ordered from CSI humboldt, nothing but an amazing experience. Turn around time was probably less than 2 weeks. Prices were great and genetics they had were outstanding. They even miscounted one of my orders, I let them know and they instantly fixed the issue by getting me more within a couple days which was amazing customer service.

I also order directly from hazeman, and his genetics are amazing. Turn around is usually 2 weeks or less. By far the best deal as each seed is under $5 per seed.
How to buy direct from hazeman?

Seedsherenow is based out of Oregon and they have many top name brands.

One thing I don't like is their credit card payment through mesh. They used to take ATM but switched over.

My whole take is I've never had a seed not sprout and they send tracking info. Took about a week from payment to get to me.

Yes HCC has awesome genetics... had 3 great girls from them... white widow, gelato, og kush all 2+ ounces for my 5ft tent..very fast and reputable

Generally during holidays he will do sales on his gear too but even without the price, he is about 1/2 the cost of most seed brokers and seed co's. You won't find any new "hype strains" like cookies varieties (gelatos, sherbs, etc). , but for some old school classics and staple genetics he definitely has a good selection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom