Seed categories

LightMedic

420 Member
So we have normal seeds, which are either male or female and come from a pollinated female plant. Correct?

Then we have Feminzed seeds. What is that standard for producing what are known as Fem seeds?
Is that just another name for hermie seeds or stress seeds?

I had a beautiful Gelato plant that I grew in DWC. But it took some crazy heat fluctuations and a had a poorly regulated DWC res. It made great buds that worked great for me. Good unique taste and smell. Nice colors. But LOTS of seeds.
Are these seeds any good or are they garbage?

I heard you have to find the special girl that stands out from the rest; coming from a pollinated plant, in order to start a worthy strain.

Fem seeds are created by reversing a fem to create pollen sacks or male parts

Hermie is a bad thing, totally different from Fem seeds
Usually be stress related and those seeds , most likely, will also be hermies

And pheno hunting is part of the fun, finding the one with the characteristics you want

With tons of seeds I would say no. You never really know if it hermied on its own or it was stress related. Stress related hermies form a few pods that go away once conditions are corrected. If it is never corrected they may put out lots of seeds. Normally stress does not last that long. This plants will form a few seeds but not tons. You can trim the pods off a stress hermie and they won't come back. With a natural hermie they will.

Don't throw them out, who knows. When you get a spot to grow a plant that don't matter give it a try. It is either going to be female or hermie.

I threw them in pots.
I got one triple going. Never seen one before. I'm excited to see how these develop but especially the triple :) Capture+_2019-11-29-10-49-06.pngCapture+_2019-11-29-10-43-10.png

They are fun to have and watch. Lots of times they grow out of it. Some may keep it on a few branches. I do believe they are called polyploidal. That word gets used wrong a lot. I may be doing it. I have not had problems with them at all. They are not like the buds that split on top and form 1 wide bud that creates lots of stem and little bud.

I am more interested on how the seeds come out. They could be female. Good luck

I harvested my last grow (4 plant scrog) and realized that I have seeds in my buds... From 2- gorilla wreck #4 and 2- 91 skunk D (seeds in both). I am pretty sure that I stressed them out with my Quantum boards, as I kept them way to low throughout the grow (I am learning). I did harvest over 22 ounces of bud and it vapes well and is potent. And now I have a ass load of seeds, hopefully fems without a hermie trait... Fingers crossed... My next grow is going to be some Autos. I will try and grow out some of my harvested seeds in the spring.

Back
Top Bottom