Seed vs clones and root systems they produce

Scottxb73

Just on something I've noticed .
Trying to cut corners using clones outside, mmm good trick yeh but!!
No tap root mmm yeh it's ok sometimes but I find a bad strike rate with root rot, they just don't grow a proper root system do they and no wonder that's what a tap root dose, so I think I'll give that a miss next time I try that, really bad if you get crappy weather and you allways do at that time of the year.. anyone else tyred this but had the same issue, I mean a few have been good and a few just buggered, all tap root plans no worries, food for thought 🤔

root rot has zero to do with whether or not it's a clone or started with a tap or not.

Yeh I guess what I meant was the tap root plant outside had it's roots right down and the clones where shallow, they never seemed to take off so good although was late in the season for planting the seeded plant was ok after bad rain and the end of the season, but the clones went to shit, wen I pulled them out they had hardly anything as far as roots go but the tap plant was deep and seemed to spread better. Those last 4 cratp grows I did with potting mix only the first 2 worked they were seeds and produced really good semi root bound pots, the next lot were clones and suffering root rot a few weeks into bloom, the same thing happened again ( hence the change to Coco) the only difference was the heat in spring then summer and early autumn, and clones, same thing crappy root system, but like I said before it was 27 C in the soil, I assume heat is why and crap potting mix. But yes clones in dirt don't seem to penetrate like a tap just an observation I made after a few gos

Back
Top Bottom