Seedling problem?

tiggntampa813

So 1 of my sprouts looks as if it may have some problems and was wondering if someone can chime in and help me figure out a solution.

Had 4 badseeds, used the paper towel method, within 30 hrs the beans popped and out came the roots.
Planted them each in a solo cup with foxfarm soil for 2 days while waiting for hydro setup to arrive.

1 seedling decided it wanted to drop both leaves and die, 2 sprung up and are about 4 1/2" with roots and the last one im worried about is about 2 1/2" with root and the stem looks to be a dark purplish brown color and goes into one of the leaves. I will try to post photos once I learn how.

Info:

What Strain is it? guava kush or mango kush
How Many Plants? 3
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage? Seedling
If in Vegetative Stage... How Long? 6 days since sprout
Indoor or Outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? hydro, 3 gal bucket, 2 bubblers 2 air stones.
What Size Pot? 3 - 2" net pots
Size (Wattage) of Light? 2 60w standard incandescent and 2 9w CFL's (SI bulbs for temp control)
Temperature of Room/Cabinet? About 77F
RH of Room/Cabinet? 70-80%
PH of Medium or Reservoir? 6.4
Any Pests? None
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used? None
Size or Square Footage of Room? 3'L x 2'W x 5'H cabinet wrapped in aluminum silver tape.
Height of lights? 60w 5" from leaves and 9w 3" from leaves
seed_zpsb0qzj4ca.jpg

seed1_zpsvylkdirh.jpg

seed2_zpsswd6xwvg.jpg

all are growing in the same conditions

11923021_10153587675377138_164449256_n_zpshlghjebv.jpg

They look fine to me from my experience -including the color. Someone else wiser than me may have different ideas though. Your ph is a couple points above the usual range of 5.8-6.2, but that's not something to lose sleep over.

Yea the one im worried about is growing really slow and there is only a few hairs off the bottom root where as the other 2 seedlings are tall and have a lot of hair roots. Just was wondering if something might be wrong because they have been in the same environment but just not growing at the same pace?

What he said.

You are planning on having some better lighting with the hydro setup you're waiting on right?

It's likely the weird lighting they are getting that's making them a little off but otherwise they look good.

Not all plants develop the same.

L8r

Yes I plan on using HPS or MH. I have them on a 18/6 light cycle. Should I do 24/0 until vegging? I read so many different things on hydro (my first hydro grow always used to soil grows) but thank you both for the responses.

18/6 works fine tho you can go 24/0. Supposed to be faster growth but is a bit faster growth worth the extra hit on the electric bill?

MH for veg, HPS for flower.

L8r

I had it about 1/2" above the bottom of the net pot then took some out because I thought that you had a point.. well it actually caused them all to die in a matter of 4 hours. I took out just enough to where it was about 2cm below the cups but bubbles still popping onto the cups. 1 fully died.. fell over and dried out while the other flopped over half way but luckily I was able to get it to spring back up stem looks a little rough towards the middle down but its still growing. As for the whole reason of this thread was to talk about my little guy, he has grew about an 1" over night so thats good. Ill get pics up in a little bit.

Also on another GOOD note.. got some beans coming my way. 3 blueberry auto fems and 1 AK 47 auto fem.

Did they have any roots sticking out the bottom of the pots? I keep mine an inch below even before they do but use a turkey baster to suck a bit of nutes out of the tub and top water twice a day for 2 - 4 days. By then roots are out and they are fine on their own.

Never had one die before.

L8r

Yes they all have the tap root growing out a couple has hairs coming off but I think it died from too much water and the 60w lights dried them up. Just waiting for my tent to get here and then things will be all good to go. but i have GH Flora series in my water. 1.2ml of each for every gallon of water. I resort back to my 9w CFLs and took out the 60w too hot in there and the ventilation i had wasnt up to par.

TheNuttyProfessor I did get your message but wasnt able to reply because i havent reached my 50 post yet. Ill work on that I just have alot of reading to do so ill get around to it.

This is what the only survivor is looking like..
Has 4 leaves minus the cotyledons which those are looking bad? (not sure if they are supposed to look like that?) but the other 4 leaves are looking healthy and growing. This is day 14 (today) since transplanted from germ.

Oh and i am waiting arrival of some beans i ordered, hopefully they will be here soon then i can order some more other strains.
Blueberry auto fems
AK47 auto fems
Next beans will be Black Domina x Bubblegum and Black Domina x Rosetta Stone and Northern Light x Critical. :high-five:

Yep it looks happy to me. Just keep the ph right and don't feed it yet, (and all the other things lol) and it will stay that way :thumb:

Alright cool, my ph is at 6.0 water temp is 74 degrees tent temp is 76 degrees with t5 light about 6 inches above and humidity is 58%

Been staying around 74-76 degrees while light is on and 70 while lights off. doing a 18/6 cycle. no nutes added

Againt thanks for the advice and responses. :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom