Seeds from flowers

fatbuds420

what are the seeds in my autos? are they autos too?
what about feminized cannabis, does it produce femminized seeds?
i got about 30 seeds from my grow, are they any good?

Musta stressed and hermied then

Or the genetics had hermied before, thus, a hermied seed u grew
wait i'm confused, so is this seed good to grow? i'm not familiar with the term hermied.
also how should these seeds be stored? same as others (cold dry dark place)

Hi Fatbuds. Im running a little experiment with 'self seeding' plants. See last few posts in my journal (link in signature).

I grew some Northern Lights autos summer 2018. They blessed me with a few seeds per plant. Those I let finish and cured them per guidelines on here.

I randomly selected 6 - different size, color, spots or no. They all sprouted.

This years crop also self seeded. Just a few. Ill be checking them out and harvest likely this weekend.

So a forever cycle it seems where growing clones or buying seeds are over.

Up to you. If you stressed the plant I'd say try em. If it ran smooth and still hermied it's probably in the genetics i.e it's highly likely to happen again. :thumb:
i definitely stressed the plant a lot, so would this mean they have the exact same genetic as their "mother"? the seed is white widow auto from royal seeds

Hi Fatbuds. Im running a little experiment with 'self seeding' plants. See last few posts in my journal (link in signature).

I grew some Northern Lights autos summer 2018. They blessed me with a few seeds per plant. Those I let finish and cured them per guidelines on here.

I randomly selected 6 - different size, color, spots or no. They all sprouted.

This years crop also self seeded. Just a few. Ill be checking them out and harvest likely this weekend.

So a forever cycle it seems where growing clones or buying seeds are over.
that seems really cool, seeds are kinda expensive here. so not having to buy them would be a pro for sure. so i should cure the seeds too right? cause i'm smoking even if my weed isn't finished curing, and the few seeds i found i put em in a dark place in the refrigerator with rice all around them to absorb moisture.

that seems really cool, seeds are kinda expensive here. so not having to buy them would be a pro for sure. so i should cure the seeds too right? cause i'm smoking even if my weed isn't finished curing, and the few seeds i found i put em in a dark place in the refrigerator with rice all around them to absorb moisture.

A cool dark cupboard might be better than fridge. There are a few threads on seed curing and storage.

As more and more inexperienced people grow as it becomes legal, pollen in the air is going to become a problem.

Absolutely. Lots and lots of pollen floating around. What I wonder is the impact on indoor grows. Not now, but down the road as it becomes more and more prevalent in the air outside. When an indoor grow pulls air from outside, without basic filtration (think of natural air intakes for a house, etc) then could a high pollen count from outside affect that indoor grow if it were using an unfiltered natural draw? Sadly, I think it could under some circumstances. To me this means that now is a good time to improve air filtration for indoor grow spaces, and if there isn't some type of filtration in place, add some. Further, if that filtration is unable to filter pollen particulates, upgrade.

It will be interesting to see how things go with it all, and whether it has as big of an impact as it could in theory. On top of that I think it would be interesting to see some real research on pollen density, as well as effective radius and densities required to effectively pollinate a female.

is there a way to replicate this? to always get free seeds from autos?

Mine have produced seeds 2 years in a row. The 2018 seeds are viable and sprouted 100%. The 2019 seeds have appeared and are being finished, cured as we speak.

I have no idea how to make it happen, or how to ensure it continues.

Back
Top Bottom