Sensi’s Eagle Bill Gets Its First Grow On 420 Mag

@Ganjagrandaddy

Great question regarding why is not a common practice. I can’t speak for everyone, but I can tell you why it hasn’t been a common practice for me. Primarily because I didn’t really understand much about it, and second (most importantly) is in order to do it right you really need to structure your plants from the very beginning with regen in mind. It’s not that this is complicated, it’s just not a structure most ppl do. Everyone, myself included, got very used to lollipopping their plants (and for good reason), but as soon as you do this you mess up the opp for regen.

What you need to do is leave at least 1-2 nodes as far down on the main/ meristem as possible and then when harvest time comes, you chop right above those nodes and those nodes will now become your new plant. I started getting way into reading/ learning about regen during my incredible bulk grow, but unfortunately I had lollipopped everything except tops off my plant so regen just wasn’t realistic. If you have any existing plants that still have very low growth on the main stem, you can def regen them. If you don’t but are about to start a new batch of clones/ seeds, try to keep a node at or near base medium level for the entirety of the grow. I’m planting all my plants now with regen in mind just so I have the option should I want it - for example this is my best job keeping the node in line with soil.
C1BF1C95-D8F3-482C-8C49-B17E278822F3.jpeg

And here are the Eagle bill plants that I will be regen’ing in 4-5 weeks once they’re ready and I chop the main stem. You can see I didn’t do a perfect job of getting them super low/ at medium level, but they’re still pretty good in terms of height. Once ready, I’ll chop the main stem right above the lowest node and immediately cover the wound with duct tape. I’ll then leave one bud on each remaining node (cutting any remaining branch off and covering with duct tape, then cut 1/3rd off the top of the few remaining buds to inspire new growth from those sites, flush the plant, give it a light feed of base veg nutes and put the lights back to 24/0. This will be my first well researched, well planned regen attempt and everything I’m stating here is just paraphrasing info from a book by JB Haze called “Cannabis Regeneration”

CFAF7AA9-D1DF-459C-BABE-235E0C1CEC2D.jpeg
62B98431-221F-4C69-B41A-FC2C5D2219CE.jpeg
EA010540-DB46-4F5F-8BDB-9A1D4D0EB558.jpeg

Pic examples from the book so it makes more sense if I did a bad job explaining.
8BD9B894-9B6F-4C85-813C-8ACCF573E84A.jpeg
787A5149-A5A9-44A3-A7A4-7E9CAF063605.jpeg
Well written mate. copied or not. thank you. I have read a lot on this one too but have not had a go yet. will be thinking of how to utilise it somehow. Just repotted my Hulkberry into coco from rdwc ( long story.lol) I planted them deep with a few nodes touching soil too ( more to promote the higher up root growth. keep up the pionerering on here mate.Thanks again

Ok quick SoHum update post transplant of eagle bill and sundae driver.

Eagle bill is doing OK, not great but OK.

Sundae driver looks like absolute diarrhea and did not appreciate the transplant at all.

All plants were at the same place growth and root structure wise when I transplanted, and all moved to the exact same amount of soil/ fed the exact same volume of water. The only difference is the two pots with shungite rocks on top were given water that went through a water structuring device. Oddly enough those two plants IMO do look a little better.

Key takeaway so far is SoHum is def too strong for clones and I’d argue seeds too, but as long as you cut it down with coco or a dif soil should be fine for young plants it should be good. LOL wanted to make sure we had photos of the nonsense were starting with so we can compare to the good stuff we’ll end up with.
3F81E3B0-BDFB-447F-9AE6-2C9CE0139DC8.jpeg
00397527-7015-4283-BDFF-E9E6F2BEABF4.jpeg

ouch !!. sad when burn happens , waiting for the recovery is always a tense time too.
I use shungite pucks too along with a small pyramid and two organite towers. am a firm believer in the ability to disrupt the electro fields that can saturate growth.
Repotting is a rense time in general. , i have just gone from rdwc to coco repot and the roots looked screwed tbh. fingers crossed i havent killed them .
your lower ladies look beautiful though mate.

Nice on the shungite, I’ll be doing some growing with that next round in combo with structured water, just didn’t want to test both at the same time because I would t know what impact was being caused by what variable - but I definitely agree with you and think there’s something to it. The bottom sundae driver will be good for sure, the top is pretty jacked but we’ll see. Normally I’d have already killed both of them, but I grabbed clones from a stranger recently and put a lot of effort into quarantine/ ensuring they didn’t come with any friends (which I don’t want to do all over again)... so I gotta wait it out.

I’ll go check out your transplant, I think you’ll be OK. These plants are pretty resilient with a patient enough person :)

Nice on the shungite, I’ll be doing some growing with that next round in combo with structured water, just didn’t want to test both at the same time because I would t know what impact was being caused by what variable - but I definitely agree with you and think there’s something to it. The bottom sundae driver will be good for sure, the top is pretty jacked but we’ll see. Normally I’d have already killed both of them, but I grabbed clones from a stranger recently and put a lot of effort into quarantine/ ensuring they didn’t come with any friends (which I don’t want to do all over again)... so I gotta wait it out.

I’ll go check out your transplant, I think you’ll be OK. These plants are pretty resilient with a patient enough person :)
patience is the best skill we have and that one is my weakest.lol.
For critters with a soft body , if you use a 20% Milk ( raw if possible but shop bought works too.) and water mix in a spray bottle , then spray them before lights off , you will suffocate the shitbags. Worth a research mate and the use of milk can be amazing to yield too .

Aired out my dirty laundry yesterday with some ugly pics of the driver, so thought we’d get get back on track with some good ones for Sunday funday. I haven’t been as excited as I am right now to try a strain for a while. Think it’s a combo of not knowing anyone who’s grown/ smoked eagle bill before and the fact that these plants are looking and smelling off the chain right now. Just frosty from head to toe and still have another 4 weeks to go I’d guess. These are currently under a cheap(er) LED running epistar and pulling 183w from the wall. I am STOKED to see what happens when they get some CO2 treatment under about 700w from the wall.

The ultimate graft mom genuinely seems like the coolest weed thing to date (for me) - picture this:

This is my Sensi branch
-these nodes are 3 phenos of Eagle Bill
-these are jack herer
-these are black domina

This is my clone only wing
-golden goat
-Cuban black haze
-hardcore OG
-‘97 cup winning SSH
-etc etc

Would be sick. The type of mom that MUST survive.

Nice! I actually have a Japanese plum tree like that with an Italian plum as well. 3 different plums on one tree.

Grafting is hard tho because you have to graft to a particular area underneath the outter layer of bark. It's a fairly detailed process, or so I've read anyways. But I'm all for Frankenstein grows! Lol that's how we stumble upon better things maybe?

I am curious to whether this could really be a possibility. How much would be which strain ect. I also how much the original rootmass plays a role in deciding the genetic dilution that will form the grafted part. when would the original genetics override the grafted ones. I am not sure the effort involved for 1 harvest of different strains would be worth the time lost grafting , recovering then growing. Be a lot less hassle to just do a s.o.g grow and have 10 strains for the variety or even using auto fast buds for same result maybe. feel like a party pooper but was mulling the benefits over the losses in time ect...

Very cool on the plum grafts! It would be awesome to have an actual fruit tree bearing different types of fruit.

In terms of cannabis grafting, it’s a mixed bag for me. Super interesting, but ultimately not practical for my needs. The original use case was to house a bunch of strains onto a single plant to adhere plant count rules. The problem is it just doesn’t work that well in practice unless you have a plant you’ve very specifically sculpted out to be a graft mom.

The main problem I found is when a graft is successful...well, it starts growing like a big new plant! Sounds dumb, but I was so hyper focused on just getting a graft to take that it escaped me as to what would happen when it did, which was it exploded with growth that far exceeded my need for clones. And so to imagine a single plant having 10 grafted strains going wild would just be some MONSTER plant that would take up a ton of space or that I’d be pruning all the time. So though I like watching other ppl graft and being able to say I did it once, just wasn’t for me.

Just found your journal and was reading through it while i dont really know anything about sohum its probably just a premade packaged super soil mix so your best route with it would probably be to use like the bottom half straight sohum and the top half a sohum and just a basic soil blend to allow the plants to grow and establish a little while gradually getting used to the hotter sohum soil

Just found your journal and was reading through it while i dont really know anything about sohum its probably just a premade packaged super soil mix so your best route with it would probably be to use like the bottom half straight sohum and the top half a sohum and just a basic soil blend to allow the plants to grow and establish a little while gradually getting used to the hotter sohum soil
Yeah it’s exactly that, just a premixed living soil that supposedly does really well with autopots...

My experience so far (and I’m sure I’m the problem) has not been good.

Out of 4 transplants:
-1 is dead
-1 is dying
-1 is ugly
-1 is even uglier

I’m not very good with soil clearly and trying to figure out a new game plan. I think what I need to do is grow some new plants in coco up to about a 2-4 gal so they’re robust and healthy and then move into a 6 gal SoHum. I know the stuff works, there’s a ton of videos, threads on 420, ppl I trust who know firsthand... I. Just not there yet on figuring it out. We’ll get there.

This thing reminds me of the enchanted rose from Beauty and the Beast.

Will it find the capacity to love again and flourish into the beauty it’s destined for, or wilt away into the wretched fate of a beast. Time will tell I guess, in the meantime I’m going to go have some drinks. Happy Friday all.
D1FDA820-BD81-4FB4-B414-8C2454F215CE.jpeg

@Emilya to water or not to water, that is the question.

A life hangs in the balance, but no pressure :)

E71EB2D9-7E34-4B41-8C87-A58E745B32AD.jpeg
If there is still water weight, then no... do not give a complete watering. A very light surface watering is ok though... but not very much... imagine it going only about 3 inches down... and apply it very slowly around the top concentrating on the edges. This will feed, while not further waterlogging the bottom.

Back
Top Bottom