Severe heat stress or just bud rot? Salvageable harvest?

pogmek

420 Member
Hello everyone and thanks to everyone who will come out and help.
First off, grow infos:

Strain: Runts Feminized x1
Size: 40x40x120
Medium: Soil, 12L airpot
Light: Cultilite COB Led 250W

____
The issue on the table: I've been in vacation for 20 days.
I've had a friend come home once a week to give her some water.
He sent me pics every time he came, the plant looked she was suffering (it's usual this time of the year, where I live it's impossible to keep the temps under 35° in August especially if I'm not home with the conditioner up and running), but I've never seen something like this happen:
photo1629130446.jpeg
photo1629130445.jpeg

We have had a terrible peak of heat the last two days and it shows, she was already in not a good spot but at this point I wonder if I should let her live still.
I immediately gave her lots of water to drink and proceeded to lower the temps, but I don't think at this stage of flowering there's any possibility she can get better considering I don't see any leaf left to eat nutes from.

What I'm asking is... should I harvest immediately before the situation gets worse, or is there still hope for a better (though never good) harvest spot?

Here's an update some hours after she drank:

photo1629141139-jpeg.jpg

photo1629141126-jpeg.jpg

I have inspected the buds and tugged the burnt leaves, honestly I can't see any brown buds and the inner is not worse than the outer. I think it might be a sever calmag lockdown more than a bud rot? What do you think? Is it anyway best to harvest ASAP?

was it a water only grow ?

always happens on vacation. i'd check the trichs for curiosity but i'm pretty certain it's done all it can. you might be able to let it stand for a short time just to ripen it, but's not gonna build without the leaf structure to drive it.

was it a water only grow ?

always happens on vacation. i'd check the trichs for curiosity but i'm pretty certain it's done all it can. you might be able to let it stand for a short time just to ripen it, but's not gonna build without the leaf structure to drive it.
Yep, I never have trouble with a water only growth as I use a pre-fertilized soil, but summer vacations hit hard especially in my house which builds up A LOT of heat and humidity.

The thricomes are mostly glassy and some of them are milky so I'd say it's a early harvest yeah.

Yep, I never have trouble with a water only growth as I use a pre-fertilized soil, but summer vacations hit hard especially in my house which builds up A LOT of heat and humidity.

The thricomes are mostly glassy and some of them are milky so I'd say it's a early harvest yeah.

it coulda had real hard pk pull too. it's tough to say after the fact. there's all sorts that could've led here. i'm not so sure about bud rot though. you'd probably have a few signs at the soil itself, odour, pests etc. .

it coulda had real hard pk pull too. it's tough to say after the fact. there's all sorts that could've led here. i'm not so sure about bud rot though. you'd probably have a few signs at the soil itself, odour, pests etc. .
Can't see signs of bud rot honestly so that's a silver lining. Will not be a great smoke but something to "get past winter" at least.

Thanks for your precious time.

Can't see signs of bud rot honestly so that's a silver lining. Will not be a great smoke but something to "get past winter" at least.

if it's not rotten you can let it stand. it might ripen up a bit. it won't last long though.

on old soil grows we used to let the plants stand for a bit while we harvested. if they dried out we add some water. usually they weren't pulling though. some sat for a wk or longer after the fans were removed before trimmed, cut, and hung. the hang was usually a bit shorter.

Back
Top Bottom